Bernadette Szocs playing with the NEW PINK RUBBER!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Ninety six bucks????

A Tibhar rubber only available on Asian markets (don´t know which countries exactly)

Good god..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32588212867.html

Are they serious?????? :rolleyes:

Doesn't look remotely the same, though.. no loopy writing.

HTB14jD1LXXXXXc1aXXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

Iskandar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
The X version logo doesn't look like Bernadette's rubber either. Wonder what it is, really.

Iskandar

Take a look at the still from the video. Two parallel lines coming in from the sides, the upper one folding to form the X - I think it´s pretty credible. And works well with the pink sponge that Quantum X has anyway ;)

Thinking of pink sponge, it might have been an Aurus Select as well.

This user has no status.
side note to those who can access Quantum X: it's super fast and very spinny once the sponge is engaged, like quite a few latest gen rubbers do. I think yogi said Joola Rhyzer 48 is super fast and very spinny ... having tried both version to me Quantum X is a slightly improved version Rhyzer, maybe closer to 50 Pro.
If your blade is already fast even at soft touch however you definitely want avoid Quantum X. By the time u managed to get sufficient sponge for the spin the ball already shoots way off the table xD

This user has no status.
Years ago when I was younger I used a lot of different coloured rubbers, most of them in those colours, black, red, yellow and blue. I used a bit the purple Friendship 729 when it came into our market. I would not say having different colours is not professional, it's just a question of beeing. Using only black and red is boring....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Access isn't the problem with Quantum X - it's available easily on AliExpress. The problem is the price. ^_^

Before the two color rule (when was that .. 1983?) there were NO rules about what color you could have on your bat. Cheap Chinese bats came in all sorts of colors. I've heard of (but not seen myself) green sheets of Mark V, and I had a sheet of green Spectol. Yasaka Tornado came in this beautiful shade of honey. The original 729 was sort of a plum color. Hardbats came in all sorts of color, too. But most inverted sheets at the time were one color - red. There was a Yasaka Black Power (which was black, and had a very questionable blurb on the back comparing the qualities of the rubber with, er, people from Africa, I kid you not, and Yasaka claimed, also on the back of the packet, that making black sheets was difficult without ruining the qualities of the rubber - THEY had found the secret formula, though), but the first "mainstream" black sheets in common use were Butterfly Tackiness Chop and Drive.

Iskandar

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Yeah. Well, if T2 allowed for the use of a pink rubber they might just as well have agreed to one that´s not on the LARC - a non existent rubber as opposed to a pink version of an existing one.

Or more likely one that's not been released yet and/or is still under testing at ITTF. Still, if it's an experimental sheet of an existing rubber, I'd like to know what it is. Note the printing is on the sheet. Experimental sheets, or samples sent out for testing to vendors, often lack the "headstamp" - they've got a notch cut in the side that's supposed to be up near the handle, but no other markings. This isn't one of those.

Iskandar