review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
sorry but her forehand is to weak and not ideal style for this type of rubbers typical woman forehand more suited for euro jap rubbers...

She seems to be making relatively clean contact with the ball, to me. Not the most powerful but far from weak. Definitely more solid contact than a lot of the EJ's here who might buy the rubber, so no need to disregard the review.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
sorry but her forehand is to weak and not ideal style for this type of rubbers typical woman forehand more suited for euro jap rubbers...

Curious, bobpuls - what do you think her playing level is and how do you think you would do if you played her?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I do not want to disregard her stile... Just want to point out the fact that her stile is not suited for this type of rubbers.

Which part of the video leads you to that conclusion? How do you know her playing style when all she did was a few basic shots against a robot to demonstrate the rubber's general qualities?

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
to much open angle and more drives then looping, she is going more thru the wood then the rubber ...lots of spin is lost here (so more suited to euro jap rubbers)... and serves are ...... let say this is her week side .... but backhand is good (even when it looks like more then 50 % is to long).
and for Nextlevel i can lose to anyone ... each good fast child can beat me because i have no movement .... and i do not know which level she is. I`m lost in this USA chart of measuring ..

Last edited:
Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Read 1 reviews
I disagree with bobpuls. Just from that quick video and Emiri’s other video, I think she has good technique and could have enough power to use any equipment she wanted.
With hurricane, u also need to drive the ball forward, and not have a massive “looping” motion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
to much open angle and more drives then looping, she is going more thru the wood then the rubber ...lots of spin is lost here (so more suited to euro jap rubbers)... and serves are ...... let say this is her week side .... but backhand is good (even when it looks like more then 50 % is to long).
and for Nextlevel i can lose to anyone ... each good fast child can beat me because i have no movement .... and i do not know which level she is. I`m lost in this USA chart of measuring ..

Watch from 3:20 onwards. Does that change your opinion?

Reactions: bobpuls
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
40° is seriously hard for ladies. In Rio 2016, only DN and LXX played with that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
different video .. different rubbers ... but i agree this video shows better technique then the first one

It's definitely good enough for the purposes of a review and using in amateur/high-amateur play, even if it's not the absolute most optimal rubber from a theoretical perspective. And she's probably more suited to use it than most people watching the review.

Reactions: Der_Echte
I don't agree that the technique in the second video from 3:20 is better, nor near to perfect.
With such a technique in a real match against not a robot, or just a blocking partner, but against an experienced counter attacker, you would loose a nose, an eye, or cut a lip, an eyebrow, or even smash your head.

But she is pretty and I like her a lot.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I don't agree that the technique in the second video from 3:20 is better, nor near to perfect.
With such a technique in a real match against not a robot, or just a blocking partner, but against an experienced counter attacker, you would loose a nose, an eye, or cut a lip, an eyebrow, or even smash your head.

I wouldn't say it's near perfect either. It's pretty good. But can you explain your comment? Of course you adjust your stroke length and timing if someone plays a counter, why the dramatic conclusion?

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I disagree with bobpuls. Just from that quick video and Emiri’s other video, I think she has good technique and could have enough power to use any equipment she wanted.
With hurricane, u also need to drive the ball forward, and not have a massive “looping” motion.

Hi, I think H3 needs a lot of spin with the drive as well. H3 is not known for its driving abilities. As for length of swing, you’re correct a shorter swing for close to the table, but tell Ma Long to shorten his FH loop !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

So if Timo Boll or Samsonov used a rubber like this, would you say the same thing? I don't know her playing level but I suspect that she is a pretty good player and I think that you are possibly being sexist in the worst possible way.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I would say since she is being sponsored and given nice equipment, chances are pretty high that she is a better player than most if not all of us on this forum. Is anybody here being given free sheets of 09c or H3 blue sponge?

I say this based on no knowledge of TT technique and plenty of knowledge of money.