Question

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
%E5%BC%A0%E7%BB%A7%E7%A7%9102.jpg

I saw this red thing on Zhang Jike's left leg being used by some players.

Does anyone knows what is that for?:confused:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
This is what is meant to be for protection, most generally it is used in basketball. It has a hard plate in it to protect the patellae tendon, I believe. A lot of people use them as a fashion thing though, as I suspect is what he is doing since there is little to no contact in table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Although if you were to have had knee surgery at some point, this item also keeps pressure on the tendon which can reduce pain..

This user has no status.
I did some weight lifting like four years ago and I started again.When I do squats the patellar tendon of my left knee hurts a little bit. It does not moves the same way as the one in my right knee. When I play table tennis and I play many games it hurt a bit as well. My little brother had a similar problem and he bought two open patellar knee supports and he does not have any problems now. That is why I decided to buy one but I just remember Wang Hao and Zhang Jike used a knee support as well and decide to find out what brand it was and what was the purpose of using it.
This link has the information clear about this : http://redsports.sg/2009/03/18/right-knee-support/
This might help some people to choose the right one and not just buy the one that the pros use.
I know which one I need and I am happy that it is the one that the pros use lol

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I did some weight lifting like four years ago and I started again.When I do squats the patellar tendon of my left knee hurts a little bit. It does not moves the same way as the one in my right knee. When I play table tennis and I play many games it hurt a bit as well. My little brother had a similar problem and he bought two open patellar knee supports and he does not have any problems now. That is why I decided to buy one but I just remember Wang Hao and Zhang Jike used a knee support as well and decide to find out what brand it was and what was the purpose of using it.
This link has the information clear about this : http://redsports.sg/2009/03/18/right-knee-support/
This might help some people to choose the right one and not just buy the one that the pros use.
I know which one I need and I am happy that it is the one that the pros use lol

Great link. Many of the players on the Chinese National Team have worn that kind of brace at one time or another. It is definitely not cosmetic. Anyone who plays Table Tennis seriously knows that your knees can be vulnerable to injury as a result of torque on your knees particularly from the forehand stroke and how low you want to be while moving and hitting. Not everyone will need one, but if you need that kind of knee brace and it helps you play without pain, it is worth it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well what I use is magnetic belt of Dr. Levinne.
It helps me a lot and it looks very similiar to what Zhang and others wear.
I saw also Samsonov and Hindersson wear them.
Its a great thing, my knee doesnt hurt and also I can go on bike and play table tennis.
When I dont, I dont use it.. But for that its a great support.