TenniRobo - super table tennis robot in compact size

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Two updates in August

In August TenniRobo got two important updates
1) now head consists of molded plastic parts - https://www.tennirobo.com/2018/08/molded-parts-for-head.html
2) And basket's capacity has increased to 180 balls (instead of 100 balls in the initial version) - https://www.tennirobo.com/2018/09/tennirobo-got-bigger-basket-for-balls.html

This week I'm going to ship a few robots to people who were in a waiting list for August(sorry for the delay, it took slightly more time than I expected).

Al other people, who are interested in TenniRobo, can leave their email at our website (or just write me email), thus I will know how many robots should I make for next shipping.
Best...

Tennirobo-dimensions.jpg

Reactions: Simas and bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Series of video tutorials

I'm beginning to create a series of tutorials about how to use the TenniRobo, and which abilities it has. Here is the playlist on our Youtube channel
These weeks I will periodically make new videos and add them to the playlist. If you have any questions or if you want to see something, that TenniRobo does - you can ask me, I will try to film it.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I'm beginning to create a series of tutorials about how to use the TenniRobo, and which abilities it has. Here is the playlist on our Youtube channel
These weeks I will periodically make new videos and add them to the playlist. If you have any questions or if you want to see something, that TenniRobo does - you can ask me, I will try to film it.

subscribed!

Reactions: TenniRobo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Now the price of extended version (180 balls basket) is the same as for standard version (100 balls basket) - 690$, but the quantity of available robots is limited. Next batch will be ready at the end of September

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
tennirobo

Now the price of extended version (180 balls basket) is the same as for standard version (100 balls basket) - 690$, but the quantity of available robots is limited. Next batch will be ready at the end of September
I have a Amacus one but i like the mechanic design of the tennirobo. This robot does not use ball reflector which is very good in my opion.

I am interested to buy one now if you have one available. please send me a PM

Cheers
Bao

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I have a Amacus one but i like the mechanic design of the tennirobo. This robot does not use ball reflector which is very good in my opion.

I am interested to buy one now if you have one available. please send me a PM

Cheers
Bao
message sent

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
This is a bit of a long read about my experience with TenniRobo robot and excellent customer experience. I was looking to purchase a robot and thought TenniRobo is a terrific design and value. A big concern for me was support from a small and new robot maker based in Ukraine as I’m in the US. After some thought, I decided to purchase TenniRobo. I emailed Sergey, the maker of TenniRobo and got on the September delivery list as he was producing only a few robots per month. By the time he was ready to build my robot, Sergey had upgraded the robot to the larger ball bucket.

Sergey kept in touch thru email regarding progress on my robot and when it was ready he sent me a picture of it. Delivery from Ukraine to the US only took a week. The robot was packaged very well. Things were looking very good.
Setup of the robot is very simple, attach a connector from the bucket to the robot head, slide the robot head onto the bucket and you are good to go.

And that’s when the problems started for me. First, my phone would not pair with robot thru Bluetooth. The robot is controlled thru an app on your Android phone. No Bluetooth, no way to use the robot. I emailed Sergey about the issue. It turned out to be a Bluetooth setting on my phone preventing the pairing with the robot, so user error on my part.

Great, finally it was time to start using the robot. The first real problem happened. The balls feed mechanism kept getting jammed after feeding a few balls. I shot a video of the problem to show Sergey the problem. He suggested adjusting a screw on a regulator chip and sent me a video how to do it. That didn’t work, I send him a video showing what I was doing and that it did not fix the issue. Sergey immediately ordered a replacement regulator chip from a supplier in the US so that I would receive it quickly. He also made and sent me a video how to change the chip which was very straight forward.

That mostly fixed the ball feed issue, but not completely. I loaded the bucket with balls and finally started doing a simple topspin drill. On the third bucket of balls, one of the molded plastic brackets for a wheel on the robot head broke. The bracket just snapped into 2 pieces rendering the robot useless.

I took a picture of the broken bracket, emailed Sergey and asked for a refund for the robot. He agreed immediately to give me a full refund. However, he said he could redesign the robot head to use aluminum brackets made on a CNC machine instead of molded plastic for strength and whether I would consider trying that.

As I mentioned earlier, I like the design and functionality of robot. I also liked how responsive Sergey had been so I agreed to his proposal. It took a couple of weeks for the redesigned robot head. The robot head also has 3 small transparent plastic rectangular strips that hold the ball in place before they are fed by the robot’s wheels. He made these thinner so that balls would feed more smoothly. This fixed my intermittent ball feed issue mentioned earlier.

Sergey sent me a video after making the above modifications to the robot head to show me it working. The redesigned robot head arrived a few days ago. The aluminum brackets look very nice are light weight and seem pretty strong. I’ve used the robot for a few hours and it is now working great.

With this robot, there is no ball recycling mechanism. So you have to stop every few minutes to fill up the ball bucket which isn’t too bad if you go hard for 180 balls, its good to take a short break anyway. I’m looking forward to programming different drills and getting good use from this robot.

This is a very good robot with excellent functionality, very reasonable price, and excellent customer service and support.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I'll keep an eye on this thread / robot!
Sergey, this looks good, just keep it up!

Thanks, I definitely will keep it up!

I must say "THANK YOU" to NoFootwork for his patience and good feedback. For me, this broken part was totally surprised. Because I don't want to return to this situation again, all future robots will have these aluminum parts instead of plastic parts. By the way, after some tests, I found that the robot works even better with these new parts.
The head now looks like this:

TenniRobo-head-aluminum-corners_800.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2018
How do you Mike York robot after two months oft using it?

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
How do you Mike York robot after two months oft using it?
Although I'm not sure if this question was directed to me or not, I will respond since I posted my experience with TenniRobo in October.

If you are asking how I like this robot, my answer is that I like it very much. It works very well and provides a lot of features/functions for a very reasonable price.

Reactions: TenniRobo and Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2018
Although I'm not sure if this question was directed to me or not, I will respond since I posted my experience with TenniRobo in October.

If you are asking how I like this robot, my answer is that I like it very much. It works very well and provides a lot of features/functions for a very reasonable price.

Thanks for your reply. Yes the question was directed to you, i made the post on my smartphone and didn't see what my phone did to my words. I could not edit or make a new Post cause my newly created Account here was in for a "review" by the Mods team.

But back to topic...

Have you any comparsion to other Robots like Butterfly Amicus or Newgy Robopong? How easy is it to create drills? I m srsly considering buying one and would love some more feedback.

E: Is there a way to install a Net so you dont have to collect the Balls from the floor?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Have you any comparsion to other Robots like Butterfly Amicus or Newgy Robopong?
I have our own comparison table (based on free information about a few robots). If you are interested, please give me your email (in private message for example), I'll send the pdf to your email

Reactions: LucasMcCaine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
I'm interested, what do you think about the speed of the last balls in this video?

Last edited: