Virtual Reality Table Tennis Game

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Has anyone played the Oculus Quest Eleven Table Tennis VR Game? if so, how realistic is it? Can you loop, chop etc.?

I think it is great and have been training with it during the lockdown. It has a ball machine on which you can customize drills, an avatar practice partner, an international community of pretty good folks, and a pending update with some pretty cool features. Pretty close to real life experience with a few exceptions for really fast shots, but getting better all the time. The developer is incredibly responsive and striving to replicate the real life experience. A facebook page organizes monthly tournaments. Definitely check it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
It's amazing game

Has anyone played the Oculus Quest Eleven Table Tennis VR Game? if so, how realistic is it? Can you loop, chop etc.?
Eleven Table Tennis very realistic. You can do whatever you want like in real life. The community on discord is fantastic and the dev of the game is very close to the community and answers all your questions immediately. We also have some higher ranked IRL player playing every day in ETT (e.g.2nd divison of spain) So if you have a vr headset it's a "must have" game for IRL table tennis players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018

Hi! There are some issues with transfer between VR and RL if you only have access to VR for a couple of months. Regularly playing around with a real bat and ball can counteract that. Playing rl TT once week is ideal, you will have no issues switching back and forth. The reason why there is some difficulty is because it is so close to real TT already. There's more improvements coming all the time though and the community os always helping the game come closer to the olympic sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
In the mean time I made this to show the current advanced training options yiu can set up in the game. https://youtu.be/_ugugbGRYYE
Look on the same channel for RL TT footage of me or here if you like seeing footage of someone not missing any balls https://youtu.be/j3SJX_hHB7U

I'd say dive in and visit the discord too so you can help improve the experience even more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
My friend have won more money from this than regular tabletennis Haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi! There are some issues with transfer between VR and RL if you only have access to VR for a couple of months. Regularly playing around with a real bat and ball can counteract that. Playing rl TT once week is ideal, you will have no issues switching back and forth. The reason why there is some difficulty is because it is so close to real TT already. There's more improvements coming all the time though and the community os always helping the game come closer to the olympic sport.

So what you are saying is, this is not a good idea to do during a long period of not playing real table tennis?
Because we are back in lockdown here and it looks there will be no opportunity to play TT for the next months.

So I was contemplating to buy this game to keep up my fitness level in a fun way.

But from your answer it seems that doing this will hurt my table tennis game in real life when I start again?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I would still advise to do it because it will keep you sane and once you adapt anything you learned in VR will transfer to real life too. If you never touched a paddle for 3 months it will be a bit of a shock, but physically, mentally and tactically you will be in a way better place. Also by then it might be even better. Also my experience was made worse by using glasses in VR for 3 months while I play with contacts irl. At least for me that was a big part of the disconnect. If you play with a high level rl player it will feel very much like playing for real so if you like playing table tennis and don't want to go without it this is a very good solution. It is also a very good solution to train in tandem with rl training. Long term VR only is very hard to test. As is playing with a totally different lighter or heavier paddle for 3 months. You'd have to readjust to your material and timing with the different weight. Unless as I said you do some simple ball paddle drills regularly with your rl material. I'd love to give an easy answer but eventhough ett is the closest to rl compared to any other sportsgame in VR you still have to take some precautions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I would highly recommend getting this game (and no brainer if you already own a VRheadset; i'd go so far as to say buy a headset for this game; that's pretty much the only thing i use my Quest 2 for (after discovering VR/this game with the Quest 1 in May).

First thing is that all my irl techniques transferred more or less to the game; medium speed/controlled strokes of loops, drives, chops, and various serves will come out as you'd expect irl. I was even able to youtube the tutorials of a few new serves and practice them in game, and have it pretty much work out when i tried it back on a table. This is so far the best transfer for IRL skill into a 'video game' that i've experienced and it is awesome. Having said that, if you were to really swing as hard/fast as you can on any loop or drive, the tracking does tend to break down; but as mentioned that's being improved, and different headsets/different players tend to have varying results from this.

After 4-5 months of only VR, I went back to the office and had a few short sessions at the office table;initially i whiffed some loop shots in the first 5-10 minutes of play (a slight bit of timing difference between VR/IRL), but I adjusted back to relatively good shape within the hour. I still credit the months of VR, and the ability to practice against a bot, and a ball machine (and a new feature to have the bot feed to a backhand/forehand is even better), and not having to pick up balls.. that allowed me to develop a much more confident and consistent forehand than i ever had before in my ~15 years of playing.

Also, this game has allowed me to play 1-2 hours of TT a day, against people all over the world and at any time of day. It's pretty much my only exercise in these months but has probably kept me in decent shape. It's also just super fun for a tt enthusiast.

So I was contemplating to buy this game to keep up my fitness level in a fun way.
> I'd say definitely go for it, thats what i did and the only thing that's worked up a sweat for me during this lockdown

But from your answer it seems that doing this will hurt my table tennis game in real life when I start again?
> unless you're constantly playing competitions with no readjustment phase immediately after going back to real life table tennis, I wouldn't worry about it. I play the game following good real-life strokes/techniques and the only difference is some relatively minor feel/timing differences.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Honestly I play on quest 1 and now 2 and being wirefree is ideal for this game. Tracking for the game is more solid on rift s and improving on other headsets but I wouldn't make the trade off of having a cable. Also tracking quest 2 is already very close to rift s quality and might soon be the best option overal

Last edited:
Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
I would add other advantages are it is much cheaper than buying a quality table and robot, and no need to buy expensive rubbers or paddles. You can practice with fairly limited space. And as PPTim mentioned, you never have to pick up a ball. Workouts can be pretty intense, as the ball machine never needs to recycle balls, and play is much faster than in real life due to not chasing balls around.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Thanks everyone for the input. I don't own the VR system yet, but am now going to buy one based on all of your positive comments.

Yeah I think I'm gonna buy one too, based on the positive feedback here.
I can always play other games on it as well and I have 2 kids who might like it if, it's not my cup of tea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi all, i'm the developer of that game. When/if you do get it, and you have any issues or questions at all, please don't hesitate and contact me. Just google "Eleven table tennis discord" (i can't post links yet)

This user has no status.
Hi all, i'm the developer of that game. When/if you do get it, and you have any issues or questions at all, please don't hesitate and contact me. Just google "Eleven table tennis discord" (i can't post links yet)

Hi carrotstien.
I heard that the developer(s) of the game were very responsive to suggestions, so that’s great that you are here.
My sons friend that has it made his own handle to make it more realistic. He has a 3D printer. Regretfully he lives in another country, so I can’t get him to make me one. Are handles commercially available that can be attached to the controller to make it feel more like a racket? Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hi PushSmasher
You can find info about which adapter is suggested, and where it can be ordered
tiny,cc/11Q2Paddle (replace comma with .)

If you have trouble getting it, and live in the states, I can probably print it out for you and send it over

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
oh..actually that is the link straight to the store (with a built in coupon)
for the info page I made go to
tiny,cc/11Q2PaddleInfo (replace comma with .)

This user has no status.
oh..actually that is the link straight to the store (with a built in coupon)
for the info page I made go to
tiny,cc/11Q2PaddleInfo (replace comma with .)

Thanks carrotstien.
I’m really looking forward to getting the VR system and start playing. Congrats on creating what sounds like the best Virtual table tennis game out there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Looking forward to more feedback from real life players. We have a bunch already, but more is always nicer.
At the end of the day, the goal is for the game to reach a level where real life serious players can use it for training. Once that happens, that means the sport has been recreated with high fidelity..and thus would stand on its own in the world (just as table tennis in real life does)

Reactions: doppelganger_LT