Adhesive vs non-adhesive protection film

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Pros and cons to each? I like non adhesive but I can't see a benefit to adhesive. I'd be nervous of getting bits of that adhesion on my rubber.

Non-adhesive film is fine if your rubbers at are at least mildly tacky, particularly the Stiga-type polyethylene film. If your rubber is non-tacky then, unless you have the sort that encases the racket head like a bag, they will falloff at the first opportunity.

The adhesive films do what it says on the tin, and stay where they are put. No, they don't leave glue on the rubber ! You do need to think where you are putting them when you take them off to play- keeping the original backing paper is a good idea- and you do need to gently wash them occasionally. Otherwise, they're great. I use them all the time on my Evolution.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Non-adhesive film is fine if your rubbers at are at least mildly tacky, particularly the Stiga-type polyethylene film. If your rubber is non-tacky then, unless you have the sort that encases the racket head like a bag, they will falloff at the first opportunity.

The adhesive films do what it says on the tin, and stay where they are put. No, they don't leave glue on the rubber ! You do need to think where you are putting them when you take them off to play- keeping the original backing paper is a good idea- and you do need to gently wash them occasionally. Otherwise, they're great. I use them all the time on my Evolution.

Wash them lol? When you take them off just put the sticky sides together. That's what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Wash them lol? When you take them off just put the sticky sides together. That's what I do.

Sent from my Urblegurble using Tapatalk

They collect bits of grit and crap on the adhesive side, a quick sponge and rinse gets it off without removing the glue !

Reactions: splasher78
I've tried both the double protective covers and the adhesive tensor films and I personally prefer the adhesive ones.

Like shuki I try to stick the sheets together, but this does not always work ( maybe I rush too much ? :) ). But like jhb says, the bits of grit and dust that you pickup at some venues its good to have the adhesive ones so that junk goes on the films and not the rubbers.

Another good thing abut the adhesives ones is that they are only a couples of pounds each, so I buy 10 sets for the season and bin them on average once a month and puts fresh ones on :)

Reactions: JHB
This user has no status.
Do those sheets actually do anything good? After every training session I put my racket in its case (that is clean of course) until the next session. How should my rubbers profit from such protection sheets? Small amounts of dust can easily be wiped off by breathing on the rubber and cleaning it wherever you want.

says what [IMG]
Do those sheets actually do anything good? After every training session I put my racket in its case (that is clean of course) until the next session. How should my rubbers profit from such protection sheets? Small amounts of dust can easily be wiped off by breathing on the rubber and cleaning it wherever you want.
Ever heard of oxidation?

This user has no status.
49a095d9975fb8e1f12fb7c21e1977f7.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just use these plastic sheets that were the covers of presentations from different private companies. I have a stack of about 300 of them. They cost me nothing. And it seems to me they work pretty well. I think I took a photo of my stack and posted it to some thread. But I am pretty sure I deleted the photo after posting it.

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I purchased this, it's adhesive for those of you wondering.

Actually XIOM O-foils are really different from typical foils.
This is actually type of plastic where we didn't add much glue.
It is new technology in Korea, made by "XXXXXXX" in Korea.

Cost us tons to produce this.
So we actually didn't produce many.
But after we've received positive comments from the customers,
We are going to make a lot more in mass production, which we hope to reduce the cost by 20%~30%.

Will let you know ones we made this happen. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
I just use these plastic sheets that were the covers of presentations from different private companies. I have a stack of about 300 of them. They cost me nothing. And it seems to me they work pretty well. I think I took a photo of my stack and posted it to some thread. But I am pretty sure I deleted the photo after posting it.

f005e99d6370e391575ef98db824d586.jpg

In my hand is one plastic sheet. On the counter is about 300 more.

One of my clients runs a hedge fund. The hedge fund gets massive amounts of presentations from different companies. They throw them out on a regular basis. I take the clear plastic covers out of the binder. Or....I used to. I probably have almost enough to give rokphish plastic covers for all his rackets. Hahahahaha.

But those work very well. And they are quite durable. I just cut them to the size of the rubber.

a4fdcff93cc2015d3a43f87cdab9b174.jpg

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

There you go :).

You happen to know what these things are called?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Actually XIOM O-foils are really different from typical foils.
This is actually type of plastic where we didn't add much glue.
It is new technology in Korea, made by "XXXXXXX" in Korea.

Cost us tons to produce this.
So we actually didn't produce many.
But after we've received positive comments from the customers,
We are going to make a lot more in mass production, which we hope to reduce the cost by 20%~30%.

Will let you know ones we made this happen. :)
Please make suggestion to change the cover design... [emoji24]