Best FH in the world at the moment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
The training looks like a photoshoot to me. Why is the rest of the hall dark? Why are no other players there?

Photo shop ( photoshoot I mean :p )??? Hahaa . You know why its dark . Its not a group training so why there should be light on every empty table ? Other players are tired of training and went out to have fun , lol :D :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Dima ovtcharov has great forhand loop

This is true. I can't believe no one mentioned Dima until now. He is known for his BH, but his FH is equally devastating, if not more so. And I don't know if it's just me, but Dima's FH loop looks more similar to the Chinese FH loop technique (clear weight transfer in almost every shot).

Reactions: TableTennisNerd
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Dimas fh isn't among the 10 best in the world so maybe that's why it didn't come up before.

This is true. I can't believe no one mentioned Dima until now. He is known for his BH, but his FH is equally devastating, if not more so. And I don't know if it's just me, but Dima's FH loop looks more similar to the Chinese FH loop technique (clear weight transfer in almost every shot).

This user has no status.
Dimas fh isn't among the 10 best in the world so maybe that's why it didn't come up before.

Haha, but people mentioned Joo Sae Hyuk (not current and a chopper) before mentioning Dima. Now that's really cold. It really shows that European players don't get a lot of love.

Reactions: Suga D
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Can't be helped. European FH has regressed so much from the 90's. Looks so chicken now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Can't be helped. European FH has regressed so much from the 90's. Looks so chicken now.

or may be the rubber technology and technique has improved to the point where they don't have to swing that hard ? ... this the exact point I was trying to make .. does not matter "how they look" ...

And this is a common mistake .. a lot of people have this tendency to romanticize the past but the fact in most professional sports ( where technology and sports medicine is involved ) ... the sports as a whole becomes better and better ... so there is no way "European FH can regress" and still be competing with the rest of the world ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

How exactly one measures quality of someone's FH? Is it becoming just a beauty contest, and if so - who are the judges here and what are their credentials and criteria.

I have a suspicion that someone (probably working for CNT or JNT) does have some hard analytics data to quantify it in terms of speed/spin/error %/FH win % or something similar, but this is not readily available, right? And if we don't, then it's just arguing whether green color is 'better' than blue, or perhaps that C. Ronaldo is 'better' than Messi (I don't have opinion on either question).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
How exactly one measures quality of someone's FH? Is it becoming just a beauty contest, and if so - who are the judges here and what are their credentials and criteria.

I have a suspicion that someone (probably working for CNT or JNT) does have some hard analytics data to quantify it in terms of speed/spin/error %/FH win % or something similar, but this is not readily available, right? And if we don't, then it's just arguing whether green color is 'better' than blue, or perhaps that C. Ronaldo is 'better' than Messi (I don't have opinion on either question).
Blue is better...