Tenergy 05 vs 05FX?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Tenergy 05fx better on backhand. Much easy to block, open underspin and more feeling

This user has no status.

It depends but i think tenergy 05FX is better for backhand because it is a litte bit softer and therfore a litle bit easier to flip with. You will be able to feel the ball better when opening up but it is a little bit slower than the normal tenergy 05. The 05FX is more controlable in the serve and recive game as wella as beeing more controlable when blocking.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews

It depends but i think tenergy 05FX is better for backhand because it is a litte bit softer and therfore a litle bit easier to flip with. You will be able to feel the ball better when opening up but it is a little bit slower than the normal tenergy 05. The 05FX is more controlable in the serve and recive game as wella as beeing more controlable when blocking.

Sounds cool, and is it good for receiving serves? I mean, isn't it too spin-sensitive? Is it forgiving?

NDH

says Spin to win!

Sounds cool, and is it good for receiving serves? I mean, isn't it too spin-sensitive? Is it forgiving?

No, I find T05 or 05FX to be very poor at serve receive unless you are confident in your strokes.

Likewise, the answer to your original question is highly dependant on you.

I prefer 05, my teammate prefers 05FX - We’ve both had a huge amount of success with it on the backhand.

If you are more aggressive, go with 05. If you want something a little more controlled, go FX.

Neither are rubbers that will suit beginners or intermediate players though, so bear that in mind.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
No, I find T05 or 05FX to be very poor at serve receive unless you are confident in your strokes.

I prefer 05, my teammate prefers 05FX - We’ve both had a huge amount of success with it on the backhand.

If you are more aggressive, go with 05. If you want something a little more controlled, go FX.

Neither are rubbers that will suit beginners or intermediate players though, so bear that in mind.

I'm aware of the last line, I'm using Tenergy 05 on my BH myself. :)

Just was curious what the majority think about these two rubbers, as I've seen numerous debates about this topic.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I'm aware of the last line, I'm using Tenergy 05 on my BH myself. :)

Just was curious what the majority think about these two rubbers, as I've seen numerous debates about this topic.

If you play at a decent level and you have seen debates on this subject then you understand that different players will have better success with different things and that there is no such thing as better or worse. They are both rubbers that, in some ways are excellent and in other ways are not great for everyone.

If you are at a level where you can use these rubbers and your return of serve is good enough, then either can be excellent. If either of these rubbers make returning serve a problem for you, then neither rubber will be good for you.

But if you are using T05 on your BH and it works for you, then you probably have a decent BH. Someone with a weaker BH would likely have trouble using T05 on BH and, many in that category would also struggle returning serves with T05fx.

But the questions of better or worse really need to be put into the context of who is using the rubber.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
If you play at a decent level and you have seen debates on this subject then you understand that different players will have better success with different things and that there is no such thing as better or worse. They are both rubbers that, in some ways are excellent and in other ways are not great for everyone.

If you are at a level where you can use these rubbers and your return of serve is good enough, then either can be excellent. If either of these rubbers make returning serve a problem for you, then neither rubber will be good for you.

But if you are using T05 on your BH and it works for you, then you probably have a decent BH. Someone with a weaker BH would likely have trouble using T05 on BH and, many in that category would also struggle returning serves with T05fx.

But the questions of better or worse really need to be put into the context of who is using the rubber.

I actually use T19 on my backhand currently. Previously, I made a typo, I'm using T05 on my FH.

Thanks for you feedback! Appreaciate it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Aren't basically all high performance "pro rubbers" with high spin level also spin sensitive on receive?

Is it possible to create a very spinny rubber which isn't spin sensitive?

I'm no expert but basically the "anti spin" effect of antis and long pips is that the ball slips on it, right?

Or are there other factors that influence spin sensitivity of a rubber?

NDH

says Spin to win!

Aren't basically all high performance "pro rubbers" with high spin level also spin sensitive on receive?

I'm no expert but basically the "anti spin" effect of antis and long pips is that the ball slips on it, right?

You aren't entirely wrong, but let's look at T05 vs Dignics 09C

I find Dignics 09C to be significantly less sensitive to incoming spin, and much better for serve return than T05.

I also find it spinnier than T05.

Now, a lot of this will have to do with the fact that Dignics is a harder sponge.

Even a small forward motion with T05 would give you a good catapult effect, which amplifies the incoming spin (very bad for a tentative serve return).

You don't get anywhere near that level of catapult with Dignics 09C, which makes it feel a much safer rubber in my experience.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Yes in a sense this is correct but if you rubber has a lot of spin you can more easily put your own spin and “nullify” incoming spin but if you this requires hitting fairly hard..

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020

Tackiness is pretty much that. You can get spin with a lot more dwel time, which negates spin, or I say, lets you control it.

I've used h3 neo for a year, even though it was slow, it was extremely spinny but regarding my opponent's spin, I couldn't feel almost anything, it was a joke. I couldn't get much pace, until I stuck it on my viscaria, but the spin and control was so much that I always had the upper hand.

The only exception is when you get tired and can't put power into your shots, that's when the rubber really dies. And that's where the bluegrip c2 and dignics 09c come into play, tacky and fast.