Calling all EJ’s !!! List the equipment tried over the last 2yrs

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I'll list mine is accordance to most like to the least liked:

Most liked:
1) Stiga All Round Classic CR with FH black 729 Battle 2 blue sponge Hard & BH red Stiga Mantra
2) DHS Long 5 with both side DHS NH3 National blue sponge ( hard & soft combo )
3) BTY Primorac FH Nittaku H3 pro turbo blue sponge & BH 729 Battle 2 Soft
4) Tibhar Power Stratuswood with FH Donic Barracuda & BH Xiom Vega Europe
5) Stiga Offensive Classic CR with FH Tenergy 05Hard & BH Joola Rhyzm-P
6) Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive with FH 729 Battle 2 mid hard & BH Rakza 7
Least liked:

Currently testing out:
Nittaku Acoustic with FH DHS NH2 mid hard & BH DHS H3 soft

NB: All rubbers are max thickness and if chinese tacky rubber they are all boosted. All blades are FL except no 4 which is ST ( for EJ purpose ).

Reactions: latej and IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
UPDATE !!!!

D9BD20F2-BB8B-4932-A560-FF824E820928.jpeg

D6465FA6-96B9-4C95-BAA6-6AE0773D980A.jpeg

14F943F7-4BF6-4EE4-80A5-FE6B0FE6313B.jpeg

Top down,

Viscaria with H3Neo black, and Skyline 3 TG Neo red both ‘mid’ sponge which I think is 40 deg 2.15mm weight 184 grams

Viscaria with T19 and T05 1.9mm sponge weight 179 grams

Zhang Jike ALC with Donic Bluegrip C2 black, max sponge. Bluegrip V1 red, max sponge. Weight 195 grams

Primorac with Tau II both sides, max sponge. Weight 184 grms

Update - Viscaria with the H3 etc now has Rakza Z on it !!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I'll list mine is accordance to most like to the least liked:

Most liked:
1) Stiga All Round Classic CR with FH black 729 Battle 2 blue sponge Hard & BH red Stiga Mantra
2) DHS Long 5 with both side DHS NH3 National blue sponge ( hard & soft combo )
3) BTY Primorac FH Nittaku H3 pro turbo blue sponge & BH 729 Battle 2 Soft
4) Tibhar Power Stratuswood with FH Donic Barracuda & BH Xiom Vega Europe
5) Stiga Offensive Classic CR with FH Tenergy 05Hard & BH Joola Rhyzm-P
6) Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive with FH 729 Battle 2 mid hard & BH Rakza 7
Least liked:

Currently testing out:
Nittaku Acoustic with FH DHS NH2 mid hard & BH DHS H3 soft

NB: All rubbers are max thickness and if chinese tacky rubber they are all boosted. All blades are FL except no 4 which is ST ( for EJ purpose ).
Hi Gozo,

let me know how the Acoustic performs with the H2N and H3, I took the un-boosted H3/Skyline 3 off of the Viscaria, currently boosting them, after which they are going on my Acoustic (all wood) 😃

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi Gozo,

let me know how the Acoustic performs with the H2N and H3, I took the un-boosted H3/Skyline 3 off of the Viscaria, currently boosting them, after which they are going on my Acoustic (all wood) 😃

Sure friend. Will get back to you after more play time. Next week ok? As usual, I boost my chinese tacky rubber. I am such a CHEAT!

Last edited:
Reactions: latej and IB66
This user has no status.

Hello table tennis lovers,
I try to make a good list - I was completely new to table tennis in October, 2019 - since that time, I used these equipment as I tried to develop:

Pre-made rackets:
Many differently priced rackets from the Decathlon Pongori lineup (value per price-wise pretty good) for more than half a year

Blades (I will not list rubbers for now, only with the blades I installed them on):
Tibhar Balsa Allround 50 (it was too stiff, but have interesting dynamics - had Victas VJ > 07 Stiff and VJ > 07 Limber on it)
Andro Timber 7 OFF (found out, this is almost exactly like TSP SWAT, worked pretty good, but later I replaced Victas VJ > 07 Regular on them to Nittaku Fastarc C-1)
Dr. Neubauer World Champion (I made the mistake of purchasing a blade with balsa handle - and with ST handle - worst combination ever, otherwise, the blade had good feeling - to make even more bad decisions, I tried pimple out rubbers on both sides)
TSP Euro Feeling Off- (at that time, I was unable to control it properly due to the rather hard top ply and stiffer than average second ply - now, it would be not problematic - I will reconfigure it, just didn't figure out, what rubbers to choose for it)
TSP SWAT (very good blade, I liked to use for an extended period of time - both sides Victas VJ > 07 Stiff, I was brush-looping and pushing nearly all the time with it -, now it is too slow for me)
Neottec Amagi Off- (rather fast, but with very soft feeling - I have Xiom Vega Asia DF on it, just I will probably replace it)
PimplePark Pila (first 'novelty class' blade for me, I installed Victas VJC > 07 Sticky Extra on both sides - on long term, it is very exhausting to play aggressively with it, but it has very respectable spin capability, and I can mix in a good set of defensive moves as well with extra safety)
Nittaku S-5 (I asked for a lighter than average piece and fitted it with Nittaku Fastarc C-1 - works pretty well, I give this to my practice partners, if they play after a bit longer break)
Dr. Neubauer Magical Touch (again, a pretty interesting blade, if I consider the wood ply structure, but the handle kills it again - it is some sort of cedar, but rather slippery - this blade had Andro Hexer Powergrip installed on it, pretty fast and fun to play, just not the most accurate)
Xiom Offensive S (the first blade I really liked - handle and weight balance with heavier rubbers are nice - this blade had Nittaku Sieger PK50 on it - sometimes physically demanding, but spinny and powerful setup)
DHS Power G9 (fast, stiff, but with softer feeling - I used it with DHS H3 Neo commercial 39 degrees max - one of my coworkers fell in love with it, so I sold it to him - maybe it was too demanding to use it on long term for me, so I had let it go, but I will try a similar configuration soon with provincial version (hardness, thickness will be the same))
Xiom Solo (significantly faster than TSP SWAT, still it has some flexibility, which I like - I use it with Nittaku Fastarc G-1 on both sides - this is my primary configuration now, which I like, and I feel I can really make a development with it)

Last edited:
Reactions: IB66
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi Gozo,

Hi IB66,

I completely forgotten about this post. OK, to answer you, my last session with Acoustic was disastrous. It didn't play so well. I have not use her for a few weeks already. To give a biased answer, I feel that tension rubber such as Donic Bluefire M1 is more suited. But it is not conclusive, I repeat, it is not conclusive as I have not played with it a lot lately.

I played mostly with my trusty old Stiga All round mainly. This is my most successful set-up.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

Hi IB66,

I completely forgotten about this post. OK, to answer you, my last session with Acoustic was disastrous. It didn't play so well. I have not use her for a few weeks already. To give a biased answer, I feel that tension rubber such as Donic Bluefire M1 is more suited. But it is not conclusive, I repeat, it is not conclusive as I have not played with it a lot lately.

I played mostly with my trusty old Stiga All round mainly. This is my most successful set-up.

The Acoustic is a great blade, but like yourself I felt that tension rubbers maybe better suited to it, hybrids play well also.
Could be that my technique is more of an issue, but it didn't feel as nice as a Primorac all wood. Personal judgements as always!!!
I'll have to up date as well with the SDC blades I'm now using, plus H8-80!!!!!

Hi ya!!

so this is a post for us EJ’s!!! Who’s tried what over the last 2 yrs !!
List out what equipment you have tried/tested

Here goes!!!
below has been tried out/tested. * = used in match play, (‘CSU’ ) = current set up being used for training (and if matches were viable) for matches!!!

Blades -

Stiga All Round Carbon Classic
Stiga Defensive Pro
Dingo Swiss Yin Yang*
Joola TPE Perform*
Joola TPE Nature*
DHSLong 5*
DHS PG7
Tibhar Drinkhall Defensive Classic*
Tibhar Balsa Def 25
Nittaku Acoustic
Nittaku Resist II
Donic Applegren Dotec Control. (‘CSU’)
Butterfly Primorac
Butterfly Maze Magic

(blades already owned 30+yrs ago - 2 x Butterfly Tamca 5000, 1 no Butterfly Grubba*)

Rubbers -

Tibhar
MXP*
MXS*
ELS*
FXS*
Aurus Sound
Super Defense 40

DHS
H3 std
H3-50
H3 Neo provincial 40 degree*
H3 Neo provincial 37 degree BH rubber !!
H3 National Blue sponge 41 degree blue sponge.*
H8 Hard*
Skyline 3 provincial blue sponge

Joola
Golden Tango*
Golden Tango PS*
Dynaryz ACC
Rhyzer 43*

Frindship 729
Battle 2
Battle 2 provincial
Battle 2 provincial blue sponge
Friendship RITC 729

Yinhe
Big Dipper II
Saturn Pro

Butterfly
Aibiss
D09C
Tenergy 80fx

Yasaka
Rakza Z (‘CSU’)

Xiom
Vega Asia DF
Omega Europe

TSP
Super Ventus
Ventus Spin

Andro
R53
R48 (‘CSU’)
Hexer Duro
Hexer powergrip

Nittaku
PK50
Pimplemini
H3 turbo pro orange.

Donic
Slice 40 CD

Stiga
Mantra M

Juic
Nano spin 2

Tables

Sonetta S6 12i

Robot

Newgy Robo pong 2055

now that the items are listed, (and there could be a couple missing!!!)

This shows how excessive I’ve been over the past couple of years!! But I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!!!

Covid-19 and Lockdown gave a chance to test and try more stuff, forced my hand into buying a table and robot. (Sold fishing tackle to finance this)
As a result I’ve been able to try rubbers with different blades and continue playing during the lockdowns, very lucky!!

so looking forward to seeing your lists!!!

I ain’t gon list no equipment, but I’m just wondering…
Could you compare these in terms of Spin, Speed, Control and maybe durability?

Els
Fxs
Aurus Sound

Just all of the DHS rubbers listed, if you may

Rhyzer 43
Golden Tango
Golden Tango PS

All Friendship rubbers, if you may

Both Yhine Rubbers, if you may

Dignics 09c
Tenergy 80fx

Rakza Z

Both TSP rubbers, if you may

Rasanter 53
Rasanter 48
Hexer Powergrip

PK50
H3 Turbo Blue Sponge

Mantra M

PLEASE, I would really appreciate it, and if you don’t want to review all of them, just choose the ones you feel like reviewing.

PS: the ones I want reviewed the most are:
H3 Turbo Blue Sponge
PK50
Els
Fxs

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Blades
xiom icecream alxi
stiga Carbonado 145
custom Innerforce alc
custom Innerforce zlc
custom Innerforce salc
custom Limba alc outer
viscaria
Viscaria black tag
maze off
freitas
franziska zlc
ovtcharov alc
harimoto alc
long 5
vyzaryz freeze
lin gaoyuan
koki niwa
apolonia zlc
waldner Senso Carbon

rubbers
fastarc g1
fastarc c1
rasanter r48
tenergy 05
tenergy 80
tenergy 05 hard
dignics 05
dignics 80
dignics 09c

what I can say from this (far too) big journey is, that I improved my backhand but I ruined my best stroke: the fh topspin. The continuous switching of blades and rubbers made me change my technique a lot so that I’m complaining more about „with the other blade/rubber the ball would have landed!“ instead of having the confidence in my basic strokes.
At least I can now say, that I will go with a semi fast blade (probably Innerforce alc) with a harder rubber for bh (Dignics 05?) and a softer rubber for my fh (Tenergy 05?) for better feeling

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Guess I should make an appearance in this thread, good thing I already have a list I can just copy paste over here (mostly) lol

And since the thread was started in 2020 and was asking two years prior, so I included stuff I tried (and arriving soon) since 2018 😂

Blades:
  • Butterfly Apolonia ZLC
  • Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC
  • Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC
  • Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLC
  • Butterfly Lin Gaoyuan ALC
  • Butterfly Revoldia CNF
  • Butterfly Viscaria ALC
  • Butterfly Viscaria SALC
  • Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC
  • DHS Golden Hurricane Long 5 (arriving soon)
  • DHS Hurricane 301
  • DHS Hurricane Long 5
  • DHS Hurricane Long 5X
  • DHS TG 506X
  • DHS TG-7 P
  • DHS W968 No.1
  • DHS W968 No.9
  • Joola Vyzaryz Freeze HRD (arriving soon)
  • Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
  • Nittaku Acoustic
  • Nittaku Basaltec Inner
  • Nittaku Mima Ito Carbon
  • Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Carbon Inner
  • Nittaku Violin
  • PPW EVEN (10 layer wood + 9 layer soft carbon, made by SANWEI)
  • PPW Fantasy World (5 layer wood + 2 inner layer PLC, made by YinHe)
  • PPW Legend (Rosewood Carbon)
  • PPW Odin (7 layer wood, made by SANWEI)
  • SDC Valkyrie (custom made by SDC Blades, arriving soon)
  • Stiga Carbonado 145
  • Stiga Carbonado 290
  • Stiga Centric Carbon
  • Stiga Clipper Wood 40th Anniversary Edition
  • Stiga Nostalgic Offensive
  • Stiga Nostalgic VII
  • Stiga Offensive Classic CR-WRB
  • SWORD REMIX (Rosewood - E-JLC - Ayous - Kiri and Ayous - E-JLC - Ayous - Ebony)
  • TSP SWAT Speed
  • TSP SWAT Power
  • Victas SWAT Power
  • Victas Koki Niwa
  • Victas Koki Niwa Wood 90th Anniversary Edition
  • Xiom Hugo Calderano SAL
  • Xiom Ice Cream AZX
  • Xiom Ice Cream AZXi
  • Yasaka Atlético Power (arriving soon)
  • Yasaka Atlético Power Special (arriving soon)

Rubbers:
  • 729 Friendship Battle II PPW Provincial
  • 729 Friendship Battle II Provincial
  • Andro Hexer Powergrip
  • Andro Hexer Grip
  • Butterfly Dignics 05
  • Butterfly Dignics 80
  • Butterfly Dignics 09c
  • Butterfly Tenergy 05
  • Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard
  • Butterfly Tenergy 19
  • Butterfly Tenergy 64
  • Butterfly Tenergy 80
  • DHS Gold Arc 5
  • DHS Skyline 3-60
  • DHS Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge National
  • DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial
  • DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Blue Sponge National
  • DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Blue Sponge Provincial
  • DHS Hurricane 8
  • DHS Hurricane 8-80
  • Nittaku Fastarc G-1
  • Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue
  • Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange
  • Stiga DNA Platinum M
  • Stiga DNA Pro
  • Tibhar Evolution EL-P
  • Tibhar Hybrid K1 Plus
  • Tibhar Hybrid K1 Pro
  • Tibhar Hybrid K2
  • TSP Super Ventus
  • TSP Ventus Speed
  • Victas Spinpips D2
  • Victas Spectol S3
  • Victas VJC>07 Sticky Extra
  • Victas VJC>07 Stiff
  • XIOM Omega VII Tour
  • XIOM Vega Asia
  • XIOM Vega Asia DF
  • XIOM Vega China
  • Yasaka Rakza 7
  • Yasaka Rakza X Soft

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hey Duke I'm surprised that you of all people haven't EJ'ed some of Butterfly's more expensive blades.

You're not so interested in the LYR S-ZLC? or ZJK S-ZLC? or the regular ZJK ZLC?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Hey Duke I'm surprised that you of all people haven't EJ'ed some of Butterfly's more expensive blades.

You're not so interested in the LYR S-ZLC? or ZJK S-ZLC? or the regular ZJK ZLC?
Don’t really like zlc so I didn’t bother with szlc at all. Also gold arc 5 is an ok rubber, nothing too fancy. It has some characteristics of esn rubbers like the ones you mentioned , but you can find so many better rubbers for about the same price or slightly more, if you’re not located in China of course, so I don’t think it’s worth getting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Don’t really like zlc so I didn’t bother with szlc at all. Also gold arc 5 is an ok rubber, nothing too fancy. It has some characteristics of esn rubbers like the ones you mentioned , but you can find so many better rubbers for about the same price or slightly more, if you’re not located in China of course, so I don’t think it’s worth getting.

Why don't you like ZLC? I have the regular TB ZLC, and I find it to have a stronger elasticity/rebound and also more flex (probably because its thinner) than the regular TB ALC. So in my simple mind, it feels superior than the ALC to me.

Which rubbers are better for the same price than GA5?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Why don't you like ZLC? I have the regular TB ZLC, and I find it to have a stronger elasticity/rebound and also more flex (probably because its thinner) than the regular TB ALC. So in my simple mind, it feels superior than the ALC to me.

Which rubbers are better for the same price than GA5?

To me ZLC doesn’t feel as lively as ALC, as in it is too bouncy all the time for me, ALC on the other hand can be bouncy when I need it to.

GA5 is mainly used for backhand, so skyline 3-60 would be a better choice imo for the same price, for a little more you can get evolution el-p or rakza 7/7 soft or x/x soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Interesting, I've never heard of Skyline 3-60 until now. I always think of Hurricane when I think DHS.

Is Skyline3-60 similar to a tensor?