Blade Reccomendation

This user has no status.
Hi guys. I am sorry that I have to bother you guys again, especially since I am sort of new to this forum, but I need a blade reccomendation. A friend told me not to use the Yinhe N11S blade, because it would not work with my offensive playing style. Could you guys reccomend a good offensive blade with good feeling and control? Something that is perhaps all+ to off? Thanks. csxstars8696

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I don't know the Yinhe N11S so can't comment on that, but good blades in the ALL+ to OFF range are plenty. Some that come to mind are:

• Xiom Offensive S
  • Andro Timber 5 OFF/S
  • Andro Novacell OFF
  • Butterfly Primorac
  • Lots of Donic options
  • Neottec Voodoo Classic
  • Stiga Offensive Classic
  • Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
  • A few Yasaka options too

These are all 5-ply all-wood blades. Is that what you're looking for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Hi guys. I am sorry that I have to bother you guys again, especially since I am sort of new to this forum, but I need a blade reccomendation. A friend told me not to use the Yinhe N11S blade, because it would not work with my offensive playing style. Could you guys reccomend a good offensive blade with good feeling and control? Something that is perhaps all+ to off? Thanks. csxstars8696

You said that according to him seeing you play said x. Maybr you will share some footage or describe your style?

This user has no status.

You said that according to him seeing you play said x. Maybr you will share some footage or describe your style?

Sure, no problem. Since I don't really have footage of myself playing, I can describe my playing style. I am right-handed attacker. My FH is stronger than my BH, though I am trying to develop my BH. I can play topspin very well, I can play backspin sort of well, but if they play side-spin, there is no point in myself playing. I am dead. I had a moderate wrist injury a little while ago, but I overestimated it and started playing chopper. Now that my injury is better, I can play full on attack like I used to. I am looking for something that is good at looping, very consistent, and decently fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

My advice would be, go over all the ttgearlab posts about blades and their comparisons, and based on that select what you perhaps would like to have (based on performances of the blades). Some people here can then recommend similar blades to the ones you would select from the blades tested by ttgearlab. The rationale is that you would get some ideas about blade comparisons, not first hand, but at least it is a way to get a bit deeper...

Reactions: csxstars8696
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I am looking for something that is good at looping, very consistent, and decently fast.

OK, now we can narrow the options a bit:
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Butterfly Primorac
  • Donic Persson Powerplay
These sound like the sort of thing you're after. Again, I'm assuming you're looking for a 5-ply all-wood.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you can get Yinhe stuff, and want to order something RIGHT NOW, you could always get a Yinhe 896 blade... it is actually a blade a recommend for many classes of players in their formulative years as a part of the Der_Echte Special - which consists of a new 896 blade for 15 Euros, a new non-tacky Chinese rubber like Venus 3 for $12-13 Euros to use on BH side, and re-use your FH rubber to make an inexpensive bat.

Doing that will use only the price of one inexpensive Euro rubber and get a nerly new bat that has a high chance of working for you.

When I am in between blades, I often gear down to a Der_Echte Special where I did the Beast Mod, or to a Nexy Lissom.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Butterfly Primorac
These sound like the sort of thing you're after. Again, I'm assuming you're looking for a 5-ply all-wood.

I have two of them in my collection and despite having some more well-known professional blade, I still use the good old OFF- / ALL+ blade when doing serious play / competition event. I am more confident will less powerful blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I would vote for test as many others setups as you can option. And remember to make notes. It is good idea to look for used blades in local market and ask someone if they can give you a go before buying (it happens rarely but it happens).

If you want a good blade buy a blade that feels good. If you are hunting for new blade i would take into account mostly inner carbon, 5 ply and 7 ply wooden blades. The idea is that you need to feel what you are doing with the ball through the blade. Consider it extension of your hand. Like an extra finger or two. I think that couple of users disproven that you can feel the ball in live time but I still think that this feeling is crucial in development because you will be able to feel what you have done in hindsight. Some blades are dull and feel like an empty crap and some talk to you.

Blade that happened to resonate with me had no chance of doing so by the forum standards, but it did and I use it. If you feel well your Yinhe N11S then just don't change it. It is as simple as that.

Sometimes not changing anything and appreciating it is the best opton.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Butterfly Primorac

I should add that, strictly speaking, the Donic Persson Powerply isn't a 5-ply. It's actually a 7-ply, but the 'extra' plies are very thin foil and the blade plays more like a fairly powerful 5-ply than like a 7-ply. It's actually a really good blade, and Donic offer it with their 'Senso' style handles as well. Excellent value for money too.