Advice on rubbers

Tenergy 05 or Bluefire M2

Hey guys! I currently have Tenergy 05 on my forehand and I think that it is a lil' too fast for me. I can't control the ball well with this rubber. So for now I'm considering to get a Donic Bluefire M2 for my forehand as I think that it may give me more control compared to Tenergy 05. What do you guys think? If you have some other rubber suggestions please do let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
Bluefire m2 is in the same category as tenergy 05. I have a few old sheets of these rubbers lying around and often use them when I test my home made blades. I even think that bluefire m2 is slightly faster, but a bit less sensitive to spin.

I would advise you to take a step back and go for a more controlled tensor rubber (donic acuda, vega europe,...). Or if you want to save even more money, try palio drunken dragon 40+. i'm currently testing palio drunken dragon 40+ and I really like it so far.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
barracuda is the answer. roughly the same spin, less speed, better control. actually great control on topspin, really good on serves. high throw angle so blocks aren't great, but if you are more of an offensive player on the forehand side, not a problem.

plus, it is cheap (and cheaper than bluefire m2) and durable (and more durable than bluefire m2) :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys! I currently have Tenergy 05 on my forehand and I think that it is a lil' too fast for me. I can't control the ball well with this rubber. So for now I'm considering to get a Donic Bluefire M2 for my forehand as I think that it may give me more control compared to Tenergy 05. What do you guys think? If you have some other rubber suggestions please do let me know. Thanks!
What blade do you have?

Rasant grip is semi tacky therefore better at short game. Looping power is pretty great too compared to T05.

If you want control I suggest you to go for BF JP02 or JP01. Less spin but still very fast.

If money is not a problem why not try a T05 FX? 1.8mm?

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
What blade do you have?

Rasant grip is semi tacky therefore better at short game. Looping power is pretty great too compared to T05.

If you want control I suggest you to go for BF JP02 or JP01. Less spin but still very fast.

Rasant grip is not tacky at all. And is very bumpy on short game.

Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Mmmm. Had not noticed bumpy, then again I'm using relatively thin sponge.
Sorry not bumpy, but the sponge nonlinearity makes it difficult to adjust force between very short over the net and then long push to the line.

What blade do you have?

The blade that I currently use is the Donic Persson Exclusive Off blade. It's a 5 ply all wood blade. I don't think it's a matter about the sponge thickness or hardness, it's a matter about the spring sponge that gives too much catapult effect for me to control. So how does the Bluefire JP series compare to the M series?

Last edited:
Rakza 7 and EL-P for are always great step-down rubbers for me from tenergy

I have tried Rakza 7 on the forehand but I think that it's a bit slow for me. Btw, what is the speed of EL-P compared to Tenergy and Bluefire M1? According to what my coach says, Bluefire M1 and M2 is more controllable compared to Tenergy because it has less catapult effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The blade that I currently use is the Donic Persson Exclusive Off blade. It's a 5 ply all wood blade. I don't think it's a matter about the sponge thickness or hardness, it's a matter about the spring sponge that gives too much catapult effect for me to control. So how does the Bluefire JP series compare to the M series?

bluefire jp has tighter pores in the sponge than m.

throw angle: m>jp
speed (slow shots): m>jp
spin (slow shots): m~=jp
speed (fast shots): m=jp
spin (fast shots): m=jp
control (slow): jp>m
control (fast): jp>m

I would say that in general jp has better control than m, and is easier to use than m. jp has a lower arc and more "tame", making it better suited for control, and m is vice versa.

jp has more of a predictable effect, but m can shoot out the ball or die at strange times.

and just out of curiosity, why are you using the persson exclusive?

hope this helps

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Sorry not bumpy, but the sponge nonlinearity makes it difficult to adjust force between very short over the net and then long push to the line.

True. Then again, I went from T05 to Grip and especially this issue went from risky to solid. Still, no tensor is as reliable there as Sriver or Mark V used to be. The pros seem to manage just fine, though. Not many long pushes there, though. [emoji16]

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
bluefire jp has tighter pores in the sponge than m.

throw angle: m>jp
speed (slow shots): m>jp
spin (slow shots): m~=jp
speed (fast shots): m=jp
spin (fast shots): m=jp
control (slow): jp>m
control (fast): jp>m

I would say that in general jp has better control than m, and is easier to use than m. jp has a lower arc and more "tame", making it better suited for control, and m is vice versa.

jp has more of a predictable effect, but m can shoot out the ball or die at strange times.

and just out of curiosity, why are you using the persson exclusive?

hope this helps
Ah I see.... I'm using this blade just because my coach recommended it to me. I was sort of a newbie at that point of time so I didn't know what type of blade to buy. So from what you have stated, does it mean that the JP series is more of a control type rubber and can be used in a more versatile way compared to the M series?

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L12 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
People specifying a recommendation should mention what thickness they are using or it is comparing apples to oranges.

In max thickness, M2 would still be a bit too fast. If you are using Tenergy in max, why not go to 1.9?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Rub the topsheet aggressively and wear it down a bit. More control!

I actually can't use tenergy with great performance for the first couple hours of play. It feels harder when I use a brand new sheet and I need it to soften up a bit

Last edited:
This user has no status.
barracuda is the answer. roughly the same spin, less speed, better control. actually great control on topspin, really good on serves. high throw angle so blocks aren't great, but if you are more of an offensive player on the forehand side, not a problem.

plus, it is cheap (and cheaper than bluefire m2) and durable (and more durable than bluefire m2) :)

EL-S is the answer. It's basically something like an upgraded baracuda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ah I see.... I'm using this blade just because my coach recommended it to me. I was sort of a newbie at that point of time so I didn't know what type of blade to buy. So from what you have stated, does it mean that the JP series is more of a control type rubber and can be used in a more versatile way compared to the M series?

yes. the slightly reduced spin and speed of jp (compared to m) mean you can do more with the ball without making mistakes,although you lose some sting/oomph in aggressive shots.

please keep in mind that this is the bluefire rubbers relative to each other, so try not to think that bluefire jp is not spinny or fast, because it still is quite spinny and fast.

which version/hardness are you looking for?

Last edited:
yes. the slightly reduced spin and speed of jp (compared to m) mean you can do more with the ball without making mistakes,although you lose some sting/oomph in aggressive shots.

please keep in mind that this is the bluefire rubbers relative to each other, so try not to think that bluefire jp is not spinny or fast, because it still is quite spinny and fast.

which version/hardness are you looking for?
I'll take a look at JP01 then. Btw, how does it do in terms of durability?

Last edited: