Victas 102

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Quick session with Victas 102 last night.

very impressed initially

blocked just as well as my spectol red
hitting was awesome and i reckon faster than spectol red and flatter, but this may have been a freshly glued affect and euphoria of trying something new
the flat hits and drives off short balls was really really good
bh topspins felt easier and felt like there was some spin there.
was very easy to adjust to from spectol red.

one thing i did notice it was much easier to do a short tight bh serve down the line, the ball was staying so low and short (this is very important for me as i rely on tight serves a lot)
it was also very very good at short play, felt similar to waran and waran II in this respect, i could rely return short serves low and tight.

I think the softer sponge made it easier than waran II on openers and rolls just seemed to hold the ball a little better

felt no slippage, which i often felt when blocking with waran and waran II

only played about 45 minutes so needs further trial, however I feel happy enough to play with in a match tonight.
and if that goes ok going to try it at a tournament on saturday

i just hope it was not too much new equipment euphoria and hope it feels as good as initial test on next attempts

maybe this could cure my ejing once and for all

i think this could be a hidden gem of a short pimple that not many players know about!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I tried a very soft victas short pimple from a friend that was pretty good but to soft for my taste.

Need to change rubber because i can not use the one i have had for the last 10 years. Tried spinpips blue. Not good. Could not smash well with it. But nice topsheet. But nothing happened.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I tried a very soft victas short pimple from a friend that was pretty good but to soft for my taste.

Need to change rubber because i can not use the one i have had for the last 10 years. Tried spinpips blue. Not good. Could not smash well with it. But nice topsheet. But nothing happened.

Try this, put just a little oil on the sponge and top sheet, better control speed and spin. It becomes a monster.

802-40

https://www.zeropong.com/pips-out-rubber-short-c-43_90/80240-short-pipsout-rubber-35-special-p-49

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
What do the oil do? How do you like the rubber? think i tried it years ago.

I think 802-40 is to soft. I think i will buy 802 and try. And if it is to soft i can boost it a little.

If you find Blue version hard for smashing wouldn't Spinpips Red suit you or it would be too soft?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
What do the oil do? How do you like the rubber? think i tried it years ago.

I think 802-40 is to soft. I think i will buy 802 and try. And if it is to soft i can boost it a little.

The just a little, not much, baby oil, adds that extra kick with control. I think it is great, if I was playing with it all the time. The serves are more spinny. I might consider to play 802 on the bh with 802-40 on the 4h.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you find Blue version hard for smashing wouldn't Spinpips Red suit you or it would be too soft?

Blue version is to soft. I have Tried soft short pimples that i can smash well with But this was really bad. Did not like it at all. Need to stop playing forehand if i have this rubber and play backhand at everything instead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
The just a little, not much, baby oil, adds that extra kick with control. I think it is great, if I was playing with it all the time. The serves are more spinny. I might consider to play 802 on the bh with 802-40 on the 4h.

I have heard of boosting with baby oil. Is this the same? You put it on the sponge?

Do you find te rubber hard? Or i can be softer i just want this stiff, hard, crisp feeling. If you understand What i mean? A soft rubber Do not need to feel and behave to mushy i think. The rubber i try now bottoms out, Do not support the power i out in to the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I have heard of boosting with baby oil. Is this the same? You put it on the sponge?

Do you find te rubber hard? Or i can be softer i just want this stiff, hard, crisp feeling. If you understand What i mean? A soft rubber Do not need to feel and behave to mushy i think. The rubber i try now bottoms out, Do not support the power i out in to the ball.

Get 2.0 mm, won't get mushy if just use a little, shouldn't bottom out, didn't for me on 4h. Put on sponge and top sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Get 2.0 mm, won't get mushy if just use a little, shouldn't bottom out, didn't for me on 4h. Put on sponge and top sheet.

Okey! Thanks! It is interesting that you put it on the topsheet. How does this work?

I understand that the sponge swells and get bigger more elastic. I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Sorry if i somewhat stole this thread :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019

What is this Baby oil?
Where do you buy it?
What make is it?
Why does it make SP more grippy?