Amazed by the low weight of the Palio AK74 rubbers... wow.

This user has no status.
B2 is like H3 if you increase almost all it's properties (tackiness, speed, spinniness) and make it also good in drives. It's a direct upgrade as I see it. It does not feel like the hybrids.
I can't play with it now though because of summer where I live being like 98% humidity and humidity really kills the tackiness until you clean and dry the rubber..

If you want a rubber that feels more like a hybrid and is very, very good, try Skyline 3-60 maybe. B2 is more 'traditional' feeling. Both are more spin sensitive than euro-style rubbers.

What I really liked about AK47 is how non-spin-sensitive it is btw. It makes active blocking a breeze. Much more difficult with the tacky rubbers.

Got it. Thanks for the elaborated explanation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
So received my Palio too. The problem was I tried to buy a cheap replacement for my BH Donic Bluefire, so ordered a red one. Unfortunately, received a blue one which is the soft sponge version... Wrote a message to seller and he didn't bother to respond. (The sellers has the most orders and rating for Palio). After waiting for half a week or so, wrote a complaint to Aliexpress. They were quick to respond and refunded me the whole amount. So I'd say Aliexpress service is on par with Amazon.

So got a free rubber, but not the one I needed. Anyways, swapped it with my Bluefire. First impressions are that it is not the one for me. (I like harder sponges, especially with my Stiga OC). So as expected, a little bit too mushy, the through angle seems to be on the lower side, didn't find the increase in spinning ability... Will keep it for a couple of weeks to give them some more play.

Besides that, the quality seems nice (especially for the price level). Also got a free plastic sheet protector (but again, not the right one for AK47) -not a sticky one, but for tacky rubbers, so will use with my H3Neo).
20180831_230424.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
These rubbers are very fragile, especially the blue. I was removing the rubber from the DHS301 and i haven't sealed the blade yet, the rubber just disintegrated! So my advice is to seal the blade before you glue this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
These rubbers are very fragile, especially the blue. I was removing the rubber from the DHS301 and i haven't sealed the blade yet, the rubber just disintegrated! So my advice is to seal the blade before you glue this rubber.

Good to know!
Is shellac good to seal the blade?
I have some around, but I heard it hardens the wood.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Good to know!
Is shellac good to seal the blade?
I have some around, but I heard it hardens the wood.

I suppose it would work, and I really doubt that it would harden the wood. First, shellac is soft, second, if applied by the "boneca" method goes in very thin layers. I just don't know if it would be very durable.

Reactions: Suga D and lVegita
This user has no status.
I'm using regular elmer rubber cement when replacing rubbers and helps in re-using the rubbers as its easy to remove from the sponge. I had bad experience with tear mender, which damaged the sponge on one of the rubbers. While attaching a new/used rubber to the blade with elmer cement after its dry, I don't apply much pressure. Just enough pressure with a roller would get rid of the unwanted air bubbles and will keep the tension in the rubber intact, and makes it easier to remove the glue from the rubber when its time to replace, with out causing damage to the grain of the blade.

I did not had problem while removing Palio AK47 blue off my DHS H301 btw. The blade is not varnished/lacquered.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I'm using regular elmer rubber cement when replacing rubbers and helps in re-using the rubbers as its easy to remove from the sponge. I had bad experience with tear mender, which damaged the sponge on one of the rubbers. While attaching a new/used rubber to the blade with elmer cement after its dry, I don't apply much pressure. Just enough pressure with a roller would get rid of the unwanted air bubbles and will keep the tension in the rubber intact, and makes it easier to remove the glue from the rubber when its time to replace, with out causing damage to the grain of the blade.

I did not had problem while removing Palio AK47 blue off my DHS H301 btw. The blade is not varnished/lacquered.

I think i used copydex wich is similar to tear mender. I've read somewhere that the bond as a tendecy to get stronger over time and maybe that's what happened. I didn't have problems removing the rubber on the side that was already sealed.

Reactions: patelaaaa
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The blue is so soft sponged that when you take it off the blade the sponge will tear into shreds. It's one of the softest sponges I've ever seen.
Yellow and red, no.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The blue is so soft sponged that when you take it off the blade the sponge will tear into shreds. It's one of the softest sponges I've ever seen.
Yellow and red, no.

Because of that i had to go buy a rubber last minute to play a tournament on saturday. On another note, i tried the B2 on the blade i made and totally changed my opinion about the rubber. It's great and it's gonna stay on the FH.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I got my Palio AK47-Yellow rubbers just two days ago and finally got a chance to try them out. I think it's really great for the price.

Combined with making my own all-wood blades for around $10-15ea, I can build a really nice paddle for beginners for under $30. I let a few beginners try it out, and they were able to produce a ton more power and spin than with their pre-assembled paddles.

Unfortunately, I find the rubber just isn't grippy enough to produce to kind of spin I am looking for - I find that the ball doesn't bite in much during passive blocks, so I need to use a very flat blade angle to get shots over the net. If I'm hitting softer shots, I find I need to either hit flat or heavily brush the ball to get it do what I want.

I'm happy I've found these rubbers, since I can suggest them to the large group of beginners I play with so they aren't breaking the bank. Personally, it's worth it to me to continue paying for Vega Pro, Fastarc G-1, and Rakza 7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
i have bought several Ak 47 rubbers (blue and red) for my club kids, and one year after none of them shrunk. So I gess there is no Booster in them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
i have bought several Ak 47 rubbers (blue and red) for my club kids, and one year after none of them shrunk. So I gess there is no Booster in them.

Thanks for the answer, OrienteTT! (you were between the ones that recommended me this rubber :) )

Does anyone know if Battle II shrinks? Or only tensor rubbers shrink?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
My Battle II didn't shrink, my AK 47 however did shrink the next morning after I glued it.
Thanks for the answer! How much did it shrink?

Maybe red and blue does not shrink, but yellow does, although it doesn't make much sense. Or maybe it is the gluing method, or it's temper...

Anyways, I got yellow as well, gonna leave a few extra millimeters just to make sure.