H3N provincial Orange v blue sponge plus boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi Guys quick question I was given a used H3Neo provincial orange sponge 39 2.15 and have been using it 3 wks and admit love it.

can anyone tell me what’s difference between the blue and orange sponge? I need to get a new sheet as I liked it but was curious whether I should get blue or orange sponge and how they differ. There appears to be a significant price difference between blue and orange but hardly matters as I previously use Dignics 09C!!

Also with the orange sponge I boosted it with 2 layers of seamoon and it feels great.

method was 1 layer boost direct on sponge, wait 12 hours, 2nd layer boost wait 12 hours then 2 layers of glue. This was method given to me by player who gave me the rubber.

Is there a different method for boosting blue sponge if I get that? Reading on table tennis11 they say 1 layer booster on blue sponge but they state 2 layers on orange sponge and wondered why that may be.

cheers guys

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi Guys quick question I was given a used H3Neo provincial orange sponge 39 2.15 and have been using it 3 wks and admit love it.

can anyone tell me what’s difference between the blue and orange sponge? I need to get a new sheet as I liked it but was curious whether I should get blue or orange sponge and how they differ. There appears to be a significant price difference between blue and orange but hardly matters as I previously use Dignics 09C!!

Also with the orange sponge I boosted it with 2 layers of seamoon and it feels great.

method was 1 layer boost direct on sponge, wait 12 hours, 2nd layer boost wait 12 hours then 2 layers of glue. This was method given to me by player who gave me the rubber.

Is there a different method for boosting blue sponge if I get that? Reading on table tennis11 they say 1 layer booster on blue sponge but they state 2 layers on orange sponge and wondered why that may be.

cheers guys

https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37360

Everything is answered here.
The given boosting method is fine. And no there is no other more usefull method, as described in the given thread as well.

Reactions: MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

How did you like boosted H3 orange sponge compared to dignics 09c?

It’s softer, tiny bit slower but better control. It was a used H3 given to me and I don’t know how used it is.

to be honest when I first pasted it on I was expecting it to be much slower than D09C but to my surprise it wasn’t and hardly any adjustment was needed to play with it. I played with the H3 just as I have been the D09C and I have been using D09C for 1.5 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
To my big surprise my H3Neo Prov 2.2 39° OS actually feels great on my rather flexible SamsonovForcePro. Decent speed, variable rotation, excellent serve and most of all the sense of control it offers are the properties I'm impressed by now.
I even ordered and now waiting for Prov BS 40° 2.15.. I boost as mentioned above applying a bit of Seamoon, a bit of FTL untill it gets a nice dome

Reactions: MK73 and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
To my big surprise my H3Neo Prov 2.2 39° OS actually feels great on my rather flexible SamsonovForcePro. Decent speed, variable rotation, excellent serve and most of all the sense of control it offers are the properties I'm impressed by now.
I even ordered and now waiting for Prov BS 40° 2.15.. I boost as mentioned above applying a bit of Seamoon, a bit of FTL untill it gets a nice dome

That’s exactly what I found while using it for past 3 weeks including a competition couple days ago. The sense of control really stands out. I train with various players and one particular players like looping from further away and against him will often get into a loop for loop from mid to further away and that’s where I thought it may lack speed and power compared to Dignics 09C but it actually doesn’t. It effective close and further away.

I actually have ordered a blue sponge prov 39 2.15 which will arrive tomo so will boost and paste and hopefully be back on table for Monday.

The neo comes pre tuned and glued, do u take this layer off before boosting a new rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Ive been using quite some tg3 neos before, boosted of course and beforehand I try to clean the glue so the spinge would absorb better. Some of them had a bit of glue some not. I just kind a wipe it away. Actually very easy. Definitely not like removing a glue layer which I applied myself

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Has anyone else had experience of using both orange and blue sponge and what they found the differences to be and if anyone has also used D09C and comparison to H3N provincial say 39 or 40 degrees?

I have used boosted Hurricane (both BS and OS) for 4 years. I bought a 09C this year to try out.

09C behaves like a harder version of D05, more speed, more spin, better short game and service.

Boosted H3 still excels in mid to far distance looping if you have the right techniques and blade.

But the new batch of H3 is not as tacky as the one before. So you do expect some spin reduction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I have used boosted Hurricane (both BS and OS) for 4 years. I bought a 09C this year to try out.

09C behaves like a harder version of D05, more speed, more spin, better short game and service.

Boosted H3 still excels in mid to far distance looping if you have the right techniques and blade.

But the new batch of H3 is not as tacky as the one before. So you do expect some spin reduction.

Yes I have used D05/D80 on bh and D09C on fh for quite a while now and only just tested H3N OS past 3 wks which I loved.

what are your experiences with the blue and orange sponge and differences u found and which do u prefer and why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Excuse me but do i get this right that you say tackiness=spin at least in terms of the Hurricane 3?!

@Dipiak all these questions are answered in the posted thread too. There is literally an entire section about the difference between these two rubbers...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Yes I have used D05/D80 on bh and D09C on fh for quite a while now and only just tested H3N OS past 3 wks which I loved.

what are your experiences with the blue and orange sponge and differences u found and which do u prefer and why?

I've used all versions of H3, literally all of them.

In general, OS and BS differ in the following aspects (assuming they have the same hardness):

1. Feedback - OS gives more clarity in feedback at low to medium impact. At high impact, you can feel both easily.
  2. Top spin & speed - higher with BS
  3. Possibility of bubbles - BS is known to form bubbles more likely after boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Excuse me but do i get this right that you say tackiness=spin at least in terms of the Hurricane 3?!

@Dipiak all these questions are answered in the posted thread too. There is literally an entire section about the difference between these two rubbers...

The tackiness is one of the two aspects.

Spin can be created in the following two physical ways:

1. Tackiness of the topsheet
  2. Repulsive effect of the sponge and topsheet after the ball "sinks" in (or engage the ball)

At low to medium impact, spin is generated mostly due to reason 1 for H3, and reason 2 for D05 (softer topsheet and softer sponge = less effort to engage the ball).

At high impact (power looping mid to far distance), spin is generated due to reason 1 + 2 for all rubbers. Because the boosted sponge of H3 has a higher max spin/speed than that of D05, it shines in mid to far distance looping.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
There’s one ‘scientific’ paper (I’ve seen) regarding speed / spin ratios of ESN bouncy/grippy and Chinese type tacky rubbers. It’s available to find on the ITTF website.
This basically showed that the ESN bouncy/grippy rubber have better speed and spin potential than the tacky Chinese rubbers..
NOW, AND THIS IMPORTANT, it didn’t quote the actual rubbers used, or at least I didn’t see any references. Some test info/results appeared to be missing on a couple of the graphs. The testing was apparently commissioned by the ITTF, whose material / equipment director has a heavily linked past to ESN………..???

So ????????? Still none the wiser as to which type has the better spin/speed capabilities!!!!

Interesting to see if anyone has any more ‘scientific’ comparison data at their fingertips!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

I've used all versions of H3, literally all of them.

In general, OS and BS differ in the following aspects (assuming they have the same hardness):

1. Feedback - OS gives more clarity in feedback at low to medium impact. At high impact, you can feel both easily.
  2. Top spin & speed - higher with BS
  3. Possibility of bubbles - BS is known to form bubbles more likely after boosting

@3.
any particular advice to avoid bubbles, e.g. less booster, or just different booster(ftl or seamoon)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

@3.
any particular advice to avoid bubbles, e.g. less booster, or just different booster(ftl or seamoon)

In my experience the absolute likelihood is pretty low. Out of 10 OS, 0 forms bubbles. Out of 10 BS, probably 1 forms bubbles.

My advice is less boosting and less re-gluing if possible.

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I would really appreciate any input on the subject cause the BS isn't a cheap option. Share your experience, please

Being a long-term H3 user and lover, I have to admit my disappointment in the newer batch of H3. I have known trustworthy seller in China so I always buy genuine products.I know how to take very good care of my H4 for four years.

My new Neo H3 BS (provincial) came as half tacky, just as tacky as K1 pro. It costs $38USD.

I applied 3 layers of seamoon in my standard boosting procedure. I only play once or twice a week. Three months later, the ball skids on my H3 especially when I tried to do a thin brushing loop against backspin. It only got worse as skidding occurred more often. I had no choice but to seek an alternative.

For many many year I and many other H3 users have been looking for an alternative that can replace H3. I've found it, I have really found it. I will find time to write up a proper review.

Reactions: Kolev