Need help in not wasting money

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

Its me again.

I have problems.
Well as you know or not i play in the lowest german league with ttr 12000 point.

In training i am better so one of my problems is my mind but this is another story.

Rubber and most likley blades are the problem.

I have one the stiga defensive pro with vega europe 1,8mm and friendship 755 mystery 3. The problem with long pips is in this class no one playes topspin. They smash most of the time if they attack.
So i am unsure about pips.

Than i would have an WSC with bluestorm z3 2,1 and 1,9mm.
It is okay but i dont like the small headsize.

Than i would have an Boll ALC which i still can retourn so there is my problem.
I think the Boll ALC is to fast but i like the design a lot. And with blue rubbers it would be even more amazing.

But i dont know if the design is important if i play bad.

So is the ALC a good choise or should i send it back and i cant even decide if i want to play normal (WSC,ALC) or the pips set up.

Sorry for my bad english.
I hope you can help me

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hello,

Its me again.

I have problems.
Well as you know or not i play in the lowest german league with ttr 12000 point.

In training i am better so one of my problems is my mind but this is another story.

I have one the stiga defensive pro with vega europe 1,8mm and friendship 755 mystery 3. The problem with long pips is in this class no one playes topspin. They smash most of the time if they attack.

I think the Boll ALC is to fast but i like the design a lot. And with blue rubbers it would be even more amazing.

So is the ALC a good choise or should i send it back and i cant even decide if i want to play normal (WSC,ALC) or the pips set up.

Sorry for my bad english.
I hope you can help me

Timo Boll Blade, I usually read good review on this blade, hence you probably cannot go wrong with it. I personally have never play with this blade before as neither anyone in my club has this blade. So my knowledge is based on hear-say.

Timo Boll your fellow countryman and also an Olympic Silver Medallist is using it then it speaks volume of it. Should you think that the ALC version is fast, then do consider the non-ALC version, namely: Timo Boll Spirit.

As for rubber, Tenergy 05 is the gold standard, but if budget is an issue, then go along with Rozena instead ( less speed but no less spinny ).

This blade you can use a long-long way in your TT journey.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello,

Its me again.

I have problems.

If you are not planing to be a defensive player you should totaly abandon the idea to pick this blade.
That is why you should overall decide and tell us how you play or on how you want to play. What style, what are you training for and maybe what are your goals here.

In case you decide to learn how to loop and play aggressive you can definitly go with this blade.
Yeah this one will definitly be too fast at first, but more important is the feedback of a blade for lower level player or moreso those who want to get better at the game.
And the TB ALC can provide exactly that.

The rest should depend on what i said above. The information you provide us is not enough.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Why did you choose long pips? You must have had a reason. I think you should decide what type of rubber you will play before you select a blade. I know many players who use long pips, and many players who use the TB ALC. But none who use both together.

If you choose to keep the long pips, perhaps you would like this blade. It's not expensive, and I enjoyed very much playing forehand loops with a borrowed one. https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/donic-wang-xi-dotec-c-plus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I like modern defence but like i said in my class there is only smashing or i have to attack.
And i already have a def blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Timo Boll your fellow countryman and also an Olympic Silver Medallist is using it then it speaks volume of it. Should you think that the ALC version is fast, then do consider the non-ALC version, namely: Timo Boll Spirit.

Careful, the Timo Boll Spirit is an ALC blade, it's the same construction as the TB ALC just that is has the old handle. I think you might have wanted to recommend the Timo Boll Spark.

Regarding the topic, you should just use what you like. If you like to play with something you will most likely practice more and get better. At the end of the day if you are not making a living out of the sport you should enjoy it.

I think you probably don't need a carbon blade or especially not a fast one like the Timo Boll ALC. There are solid all-wood blades from every manufacturer, from Butterfly there's the Primorac Off-, the Boll Forte, Korbel SK7, and many more. Tibhar, Joola, Donic also have very similar blades there are many well-regarded on the forum.

I would however recommend the Mizuno Fortius FT either 5 or 7, depends on your preference of speed, but they are affordable well-made blades with a nice handle and will easily serve even some pro players.

If you want a carbon blade there are affordable ones too, from DHS the Fang Bo Carbon is pretty much a Ma Long 5 blade for 30% price, Yinhe has many Butterfly carbon blade clones like the TB ALC for also significantly cheaper. Yinhe V14 is the TB ALC clone, V15 I think is the Maze/Freitas ALC clone just to name few of the popular ones. You can't get more pro than these types of blades since 80% of pro Chinese players use either a TB ALC similar blade or Ma Long 5. And many non chinese as well for that matter.

But if you like the TB ALC then use it and have fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Well i would love to play modern defence but like i said in my class i have to attack and the only attack i get is smashes.

I also love the design on the boll alc and i think with 2 normal rubbers i would be better i guess but yeah i dont know

The long pips with modern defence are in mind and also the boll alc

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
  • Haha
Reactions: Tipiak
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well i would love to play modern defence but like i said in my class i have to attack and the only attack i get is smashes.

I also love the design on the boll alc and i think with 2 normal rubbers i would be better i guess but yeah i dont know

The long pips with modern defence are in mind and also the boll alc

many pro players that could be classified as Modern defense players do not play with defensive blades but attack-rated blades.
Having said that many of those players have looooong given up playing pimples-out rubbers.

My recommendation is to sell all your TT equipment and buy a racing bicycle. Top of the line bikes go for as cheap as $12,000.00 (USD). [emoji2]

Here: take a test ride on this:

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s...ano-dura-ace-di2/p/199463?color=321621-199463

It seams it's out of stock, Carl.

I've found a dealer with only available sizes 56 and 61, not acceptable.

And it took me a long journey to find the so well hidden weight, like it's some kind of COR, you know, but I'm not sure it's the same for all sizes.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

It seams it's out of stock, Carl.

I've found a dealer with only available sizes 56 and 61, not acceptable.

And it took me a long journey to find the so well hidden weight, like it's some kind of COR, you know, but I'm not sure it's the same for all sizes.

Yeah. There is a global shortage on bikes and bike parts.

But I figured if the thread was about spending a lot of money EJing, then EJing bikes is much more costly than EJing TT gear.

Bike clothing alone costs more than Racket, clothes and shoes for TT. [emoji2]

But who wouldn’t want a 14,000$ racing bike even if it is 4 sizes too big so you have to put blocks on the bottom of your shoes to reach the pedals? [emoji2]

And be glad I didn’t recommend an Italian brand like Colnago or Benotto or Pirelli. The Italian brands cost a decent amount more.

Here, here is a Colnago on sale for only 15,000$. Original Price 19,000$.

I thought I had put the link. Oh well. Better late then never:

https://www.racycles.com/preseason-...tanta-super-record-eps-bike-1617?sku=10028854

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a Donic Defplay with the latest version and somewhat hollow handle. I have TSP Curl P-1R `.4mm on it and Yasaka Rakza7 1.8mm on the FH.
The Donic Defplay cost me about $55 US many years ago. The Rakza 7 1.8mm can be relatively cheap if you buy it from TableTennis11 using their buy 4 for the price of 3 deal.

I use the 1.4mm TSP Curl P-1R to get more back spin when chopping. I lost a little "spin reversal" when blocking going to the thicker sponge.

The Donic Defplay is not very stiff so one doesn't need thick rubber on the FH. Also, I find it easier to chop with thinner rubber on the FH but I don't chop often with my FH. The combination does loop well as well as chop on the BH. You don't need to rely only on smashes.
This combination is not that fast. I am not a pro where I would use a TB ALC for chopping. I have a TB ALC too and is has R48 2mm on both sides for normal double inverted play. I think my chopping paddle is good enough for most amateurs.

Note, I am not really a chopper but I can chop consistently enough for practice.

Reactions: Tipiak and lodro