Der_Echte gunna be in L.A. to Umpire

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There is supposed to be some medal presentation for the Day One Round Robin groups Thursday Morning LA time.

The comp is 4 days long.

I umpired mainly lower division matches, because higher division is Thursday. Still, the players were having a certified BLAST and when Haiti was done with their round robin finishing position ONE and the athlete & coach got back to the fans in bleachers, they literally ERUPTED with 20 JOYOUS screaming joyful cheering for him.

It is some serious good stuff and I am glad I get to see it upfront.

I umpired/assistant umpired matches with players from Haiti, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Morocco, South Africa, and a few others I cannot name off the top of my head. All those French speaking countries really getting me to talk French again :D

Played 5 doubles matches with two coaches from Haiti after all matches were done while waiting for bus to arrive. Coach Christophe and Coach Jean can really play. I teamed with Coach Christophe for 3 matches and it was a blast talking smackdown TT talk in french inventing new sayings that were hilarious when we won a good point or playfully taunting each other. Both those guys can lay the smack down on the ball and Jean is older than me.

We ended up having my Korean/American friend Umpire team up with me for the last two matches and we somehow got by those Haitian aces. Hey - that ryhmes.

Taught them a new cheer after a point, you bump each other chest high with the muscles on the forearm and each player shoots his arm upward with finger pointing up and fun face expression. Of course there was the roll up sleeve and kiss bicep or give thumbs up.

Here is the TT site for the games.

http://www.la2015.org/sports/table-tennis

Here is teh site for TT results.

http://www.la2015.org/results?sportID=Table Tennis

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sum moar pics...

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: Dan
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Players and coaches LOVED pics, the players were very excited and everyone was taking pics with 3-4 different cameras.

The organizers and individual country associations of each sport are really playing it up making it a HUGE and epic experience. In teh convention center there were several other sports going on and one of them was a roller skate 5 lap race and there were INSANE loud fans cheering and even louder loudspeaker announcing during the race and it was WILD loud and strong !!!

I think it was more intense than the regular Olympics themselves.

Reactions: aznalanx32
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_echte good luck to you. Get an In'n out burger for the TTD community!
I havent had one of those for over 30 yrs hehe.

I have been esting Korean food in nearby Korea town.

I tried and failed to upload pics last night try again later.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I havent had one of those for over 30 yrs hehe.

I have been esting Korean food in nearby Korea town.

I tried and failed to upload pics last night try again later.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Korean Barbecue? Kalbi, kimchi, bi bim bop. When you are in NYC next we have to go out to eat Korean food. It is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk