Butterfly Tenergy 19

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
They keep making tweaks not necessarily to make it better but at least to make it different, more choices.
I agree. More choices but not necessarily better.

Seems like they've gotten it right many times with pretty much every Sriver, Bryce, Tenergy, Rozena, Dignics...
What was right about them?
On a different thread I said I preferred to play with Rakza 7 over R48. However, I could adapt to R48 if Rakza 7 didn't exist. People are infinitely adaptable so there really doesn't need to be an infinite variations of almost the same thing.

But where they really get it right for themselves is with marketing! And their distribution strategy...
Yes, but the sad part is that people think equipment will make them better and it won't.
An hour with a good coach could easily see your worst flaw and work on to correct it. Always go for the low hanging fruit.
The rubber wears out. The knowledge doesn't.

I don't believe that R53 is really the best option for anybody. Sure, a pro may be able to play with it but I doubt that doesn't mean they play the best with R53. I can't see where R53 is better in any way. It is just harder. Has Andro actually made a claim as to why R53 is better?

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I agree. More choices but not necessarily better.

What was right about them?
On a different thread I said I preferred to play with Rakza 7 over R48. However, I could adapt to R48 if Rakza 7 didn't exist. People are infinitely adaptable so there really doesn't need to be an infinite variations of almost the same thing.

Yes, but the sad part is that people think equipment will make them better and it won't.
An hour with a good coach could easily see your worst flaw and work on to correct it. Always go for the low hanging fruit.
The rubber wears out. The knowledge doesn't.

I don't believe that R53 is really the best option for anybody. Sure, a pro may be able to play with it but I doubt that doesn't mean they play the best with R53. I can't see where R53 is better in any way. It is just harder. Has Andro actually made a claim as to why R53 is better?
You're right, not necessarily better, for some it might actually be and feel like it, for most not or no significant change.

A lot was right about these Butterfly lines, they were new tech (and trends!), often breakthrough and needed adaptations, later followed by other manufacturers. Now they're all making (much) harder rubbers, but the vast majority of people don't need them, and it would actually make them worst rather than better. I think it's ok for players to go up a notch in hardness, like from 42 to 45, 45 to 47.5... But 2, 3, 4 notches? 50 is where it starts to be too much for me.

Equipment won't make you better indeed, but it can contribute to it if you're not playing with something that's too much for you (or too little). If you stay in the right ball park for you, it doesn't really matter what you use, it would be a matter of small pretty insignificant preference that you could adapt to anyway, Like you said about Rakza 7 and R48 for you. For me, I'd stick with R7 and probably not even try R48. Anyway, at the end of the day, it's like you said, training and knowledge is where it's at. Even with equipment, people blindly go into trying this or that, thinking this might be better than that and make all the difference. Understanding equipment is understanding that there often isn't a lot of difference and especially that it won't make the desired difference almost every time. It's better to invest in training, and training can often be free but requires hard work.

R53 is not better, it's just harder. But to a pro, harder is better. For players like you and I, too hard is worst.

Last edited:
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
T19 is definitely slower and has higher arc than t05. All other things said by Timo and other reviews are right.

opposing to my prerelease thinking, t19 feels softer than t05. But... it feels grippier (big difference to t80, which also feels softer than t05!!!)

in my opinion it is quite similar to Fastarc g1 on normal shots, but has some sort of more kick.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Tried T19 for an hour on backhand. Only seemed slower to me (vs my usual bh rubber T05) when blocking. Didn't notice much difference in speed near the top end. It is more linear. My coach thought it was faster with a flatter trajectory on drives. Less bouncy, easier to keep serves and pushes short and low. Plays softer, easier to grab and spin at low impact.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Butterfly says it's faster, so Timo has to say it's faster. Other reviews seem to say it's slower too, otherwise they agree on everything else.
Timo's review is rather lukewarm, with a "many roads lead to Rome" conclusion that falls quite a bit short of endorsing it.
He also states that T19 has more of a catapult effect than T05, and (to me) surprisingly that he considers T05 or D05 more suitable for direct play close to the table. Everybody seems to agree (mass hysteria?) on the flatter trajectory, and a slightly softer feel, with more sense of dwell, and a more controlled passive play.

Haven't tried it, but the general picture I'm getting is that T19 might well be a promising Fastarc-G1 alternative. :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Timo's review is rather lukewarm, with a "many roads lead to Rome" conclusion that falls quite a bit short of endorsing it.
He also states that T19 has more of a catapult effect than T05, and (to me) surprisingly that he considers T05 or D05 more suitable for direct play close to the table. Everybody seems to agree (mass hysteria?) on the flatter trajectory, and a slightly softer feel, with more sense of dwell, and a more controlled passive play.

Haven't tried it, but the general picture I'm getting is that T19 might well be a promising Fastarc-G1 alternative. :)
Yea, he's obviously also tried T19 a long time ago in the developing stages, and with 09C already around as well, being a better fit for his game, his choice was made. Wonder what he would have picked between T05 and T19 if the Dignics weren't around, or it he was still favoring a mid-distance style.

He states that T19 is faster and has more catapult, but I think he's following how Butterfly is marketing it there, because he says it's more forgiving which would indicate it's slower and has less catapult. However, he does say its trajectory its flatter while Butterfly is marketing it has having a higher arc, so he's taking a little bit of liberty.

Based on his review (when reading between the lines), TTD's, PandaPong's etc, like you said, there seems to be a consensus that it is slower, has a flatter trajectory, a slightly softer feel, more dwell, is slightly spinnier in some areas, more predictable and forgiving, less direct/kick/catapult/spring/explosiveness, better control/feel/touch/safety/stability/consistency, better at blocking and passive play.

I like T05 on my FH, but it feels too hard for my BH, and in general, I prefer more stable and balanced rubbers like T80, Fastarc G-1/C-1, Rakza 7, Rozena, Vega Japan... so T19 does sound promising indeed!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Timo's review is made from his perspective. His skills are amazing. To me, it is obvious that there is the possibility that his perception of a tt product might be different than most of us.

I always felt that rubbers and blades merely react to the user input and does always force behaviour on the ball. I feel that the same rubber can be both direct and have high trajectory depending on the stroke (how much of the rubber is engaged, the angle of the stroke, brokenball please don't eat me of the innaccurate wording).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Many people haven't tried BTF's new rubbers yet (due to its prices and the pandemic). Even 9c is still a mystery for many people.I don't think it's a good strategy to produce a new rubber. Timo is getting more and more advertising face . It is not clear to whom the rubber is best suited from the recommendations. Confusing for amateur players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bilge Dogan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
There are a lot of inconsistencies in the Butterfly advertising. If T19 is using the same sponge then how can it be faster? Butterfly makes a big deal about the thiner pimples on T19 saying they will bend easier but
1 Didn't T64 have thinner pimples that T05. Are supposed to forget that and think T19 is something new?
2. Butterfly says the T19 pimples ares small but packed closer together. If so many thinner pimples will not bend any more than wider more widely spaced pimple.