Rubber suggestions?

This user has no status.
I am looking for a rubber for forehand and backhand,(I am not sure if i should get different rubbers on each side). I find tenergy 05 to be too bouncy for me as it is too fast for me on both forehand and backand. I need more control on both sides and on backhand i need a low to medium throw angle(arc). And even spinnier than Tenergy 05. And for forehand maybe the same rubber or slightly more throw angle(arc).

Any suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
I am looking for a rubber for forehand and backhand,(I am not sure if i should get different rubbers on each side). I find tenergy 05 to be too bouncy for me as it is too fast for me on both forehand and backand. I need more control on both sides and on backhand i need a low to medium throw angle(arc). And even spinnier than Tenergy 05. And for forehand maybe the same rubber or slightly more throw angle(arc).

Any suggestions?

Not going to find anything with more spin that tenergy 05 I’m afraid. Depending on your budget dignics 05 may fit you. More control, slightly slower and more linear than tenergy 05. Another option is tenergy 80, more controlled lower throw than tenergy 05 and less sensitive to spin. But you will find it very difficult to find anything spinnier than T05.

T05fx also more control, touch slower than regular 05, slightly less throw than regular T05 as well.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
So, what did your coach said?

If you can't get much spin with T05 on a Primorac then your problem is technique. New equipment won't help you. Spend the money on a coach.

I have got the technique and one of the best coaches in england

The one of the best coaches in England would know it better.
He knows you and your technique and I think that no one else could tell you what exactly equipment would give you more spin than Promorac+T05.

OK i will ask him
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...hat-andro-blade-should-I-use-and-what-rubbers
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21572-Tensor-rubbers-and-blades
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?21566-Advice-for-new-blade-and-rubbers

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Any suggestions?

How long have you been playing for?

It's hard to find a rubber that's spinnier than Tenergy 05, might be a problem with your technique if you need more control. A control rubber like Rozena might allow you to develop your technique and generate more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
today I tried out different rubbers to see what suits my Bh. Currently using dignics on my main set up on Bh with Tenergy 05 on FH but not sure dignics is for me. Today during a 2 hour training session I used, Rozena, Tenergy 80, Tenergy 05fx as well as my main set up. I can say one thing I preferred 05fx on Bh by far specially against backspin. It was unbelievably effortless. I don’t think T25 is great at open ups against backspin I have used it briefly before and didn’t like it. My initial impression of T05fx is its so easy to use and controlled.

The OP is looking for a FH rubber that has higher throw than T05 and with better spin /or at least not less/.
The only rubber that come to my mind is T25.
It may be weird, but the need for a higher throw than T05 and more spin than T05 is more than weird.

I think its a matter of technique, but trying the only option available can be usefull.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
The OP is looking for a FH rubber that has higher throw than T05 and with better spin /or at least not less/.
The only rubber that come to my mind is T25.
It may be weird, but the need for a higher throw than T05 and more spin than T05 is more than weird.

I think its a matter of technique, but trying the only option available can be usefull.

It's definitely technique...

I don't think T25 as a higher throw than T05, and it definitely produces less spin. It's more of a close-to-the-table rubber for flat hits, counter attacks...

It's definitely technique...

I don't think T25 as a higher throw than T05, and it definitely produces less spin. It's more of a close-to-the-table rubber for flat hits, counter attacks...

Yes, T25 is for "Short serves with heavy spin, a controlled short-short play, heavy spin shots and counter topspins over the table."

Its with the highest spin and highest throw in the Tenergy family

T25.jpg

Attachments

• T25.jpg
    T25.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yes, T25 is for "Short serves with heavy spin, a controlled short-short play, heavy spin shots and counter topspins over the table."

Its with the highest spin and highest throw in the Tenergy family

Highest throw close to the table maybe.
Have you actually played with it? I have and it's a very weird rubber, very jumpy, not dynamic.

As for spin, Butterfly lists T25 at 11 and T05 at 11.5.

Highest throw close to the table maybe.
Have you actually played with it? I have and it's a very weird rubber, very jumpy, not dynamic.

As for spin, Butterfly lists T25 at 11 and T05 at 11.5.

Yes, I've tryed it. I guy in club had it and played with it just for a week, then discarded it and put it on a club blade.
At that time I played with Xiom Omega V Asia. I like hard rubbers. T25 is for very capable top players and needs great expertise. The higher throw is because of the harder top sheet with a wider rebounce angle. The spin Can be greater because of the harder top sheet too, but it acquires the appropriate technique. Its slower than T05 and at mid distance needs more power and greater swing and here is the problem because all strokes with this rubber have to be done with greatest precision, even over the table. Its not for passive play and hit through, even the blocks have to be active, otherwise, because of the wider rebounce angle the ball goes "where it wants". Thats why its "weird". I don't have the needed expertise and I can't play with it because of what I just said above, but I fully agree with the explanations of Butterfly, which I've posted.
And thats why I think its the only option for the OP.
In other thread the OP claims to have the needed technique, and he is coached by one of the best coaches in England, so let him try.
Though my personal feeling is that he must switch to Rozena.