Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I reviewed this rubber for TT11 a couple of months back and am a little surprised that it hasn't received more attention. Straight out of the package and heavily factory boosted (no need for additional boosting or break-in periods), it is a great rubber for players with fast arm swing speeds and active play style and it is definitively geared towards advanced players. There is no doubt that it is easier to generate spin on slow opening loops against heavy backspin with regular blue sponge H3, but the Turbo Blue is definitively faster while still producing high spin levels - higher than Hurricane 8 for example. I will say that once the factory boosting wears off after ~60h or so, and the topsheet starts to wear (which is somewhat unusual for a H3 to happen so quickly), it becomes more difficult to play with than a regular blue sponge H3. I would love to know what booster Nittaku uses, as it might be possible to extend the rubbers life for practice play with reboosting (you wouldn't want to use a reboosted sheet for tournament play). The smell test did not give me any hints (not the typical Dandoy/ESN booster or Falco or the typical Chinese boosters).

Patryk do you think it would last longer if one only used it for matches and i guess had a second blade for training. Then the 60 hours might take longer than if used in training too.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
Patryk do you think it would last longer if one only used it for matches and i guess had a second blade for training. Then the 60 hours might take longer than if used in training too.

Yeah, I think all tournament-active players should have two identical set-ups, one for tournaments and one for practice/spare to stretch their budgets. This way, I could see a sheet last for 3-4 months of tournament-then-practice play). I have not been playing serious tournaments for a while and my Turbo Blue saw a lot of use over the summer.

Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Patrick,

can I ask, I am really wanting to try the Pro Blue rubber, but on paper that sponge sounds way too hard. I feel you are a really good player, I am a mortal player. I can play with Hurricane Neo, do you think it would be a very big skill jump to go to the Pro Blue.

I like the Hurricane control but want it to be a bit faster and a bit easier to drive with?
Do you think a player needs to be a really high standard to use the pro blue?

Also do you think it would matter using 1.8, presumably such a hard sponge wont bottom out?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I have h3 neo good quality sheet
Nittaku h3 Orange
Nittaku blue sponge
I think h3neo plays better.....
Heaviness Plus hard sponge, i cant put a lot of pressure with my spin loops
And service and my shoulder didnt like nittaku rubbers
My eyes love quality of nittaku but h3neo is perfect with pure spin

says Footwork footwork footwork
Patrick,

can I ask, I am really wanting to try the Pro Blue rubber, but on paper that sponge sounds way too hard. I feel you are a really good player, I am a mortal player. I can play with Hurricane Neo, do you think it would be a very big skill jump to go to the Pro Blue.

I like the Hurricane control but want it to be a bit faster and a bit easier to drive with?

Also do you think it would matter using 1.8, presumably such a hard sponge wont bottom out?

I can tell you that turbo orange will have more speed and is easy to drive or drive/loop with. I can imagine that turbo blue will have similar characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 2014
Patrick,

I am a decent - but by no means a fantastic - player. My USATT rating is ~2200. The Pro Blue rubber is rock-hard, the hardest that I have tried, and it requires a fast arm pull (and/or a lot of power from the ground/hip etc). It also has a flatter arc than a H3 BS. It is not any easy rubber to activate, but if it suits your style (and it does for me), then it is a fantastic rubber. For me, the main problem is it crazy weight (I can only play it on ~82 g blades and that with short pips in BH). Yes, 1.8 mm could be an option, I guarantee you it will not bottom out. Another, minor issue that I had with this rubber, is that it lost its magic juice after ~3-4 months of 3 times/week play, which is unusual for a H3-style rubber. I tried to re-boost it for practice play but it never quite felt the same (and then it developed a bubble). As an aside, I use 7-ply blades because of my short pips. A more flexible 5-ply, might make the pro blue a little easier to play with in FH.

Reactions: Suga D and alas26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
revolution-nr.3_-rubber-cleaner-_-rejuvenator-100ml-min.jpgPatrick is this one?

https://tenismesa.es/media/catalog/...3_-rubber-cleaner-_-rejuvenator-100ml-min.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Is there any difference in performance between red and black coloured topsheet of hurricane 3 orange sponge with same hardness?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Would people say the throw is higher than DHS Hurricane 3 Neo?
Do you think players that have used DHS H3Neo a lot will find the adjustment seamless? Not too big a jump in technique improvement needed?

I use a Force Pro Blue, will this be suitable?

says Footwork footwork footwork
The Revolution 3 cleaner and rejuvenator is an excellent cleaner for that purpose.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought this altered the playing characteristics of my H3PTO after one use.

It left an almost oil film on the rubber and I felt like I had less grip/tack and the rubber felt faster/springier? I only used a couple of drops..

I haven’t used it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
This rubber is incredible!! It is faster than any Hurricane I have used before. It is so spinny on full shots. Serves are nuts spinny. Blocks are incredible.

It does punish you if you are playing a bad shot, but it is awesome when you play a good one.
But here is the thing it is so much easier to smash with than any Hurricane I have ever used before.

I hope I feel like this about this rubber in a week.

It is a little hard and fierce on my Yinhe M202, maybe I should try it on Force Pro Blue, I have not really been affected by the weight!!