2020 World Team Table Tennis Championships

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
So with the new proposed rule of above head height instead of 16 cm, can Ding Ning theoretically do her crouching tomahawk serve with a 1 inch toss and be perfectly legal? Time to practice those crouching serves!! :D

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45itIpIg8k
https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/video/player/3212817
@0:50
Hayata: There will be a match against the men's team. I want to see how far I could push them. If possible, I want to take them on with my FH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqMKh5BJcv8
@1:20
Jin: I'll take out the Japan's representatives. I'll knock them out. If you read the news on the net, it's mostly about the Japan's representatives, as if the T League representatives are extra. I had the most wins last year!! x2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgJdsIAqZZQ
Mizutani says he will probably keep on playing after Tokyo 2020, describing it as fate.

Funny comment.
女子が男子に立ち向かうなら
早田選手は戦力として必須。
一番注目したいです。
If it's women vs men
Hayata is indispensable as a force.
I want to pay the most attention.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2020/09/10/kiji/20200910s00026000249000c.html
 今年3月のカタール・オープン以来、約半年ぶりの試合に臨む張本智和(17=木下グループ)は「勝ち負けよりも楽しむことを大事にしたい。バックハンドが得意なので、そういうプレーができたら良いと思う」と話した。

ドリームマッチは日本代表選手が男女に分かれてシングルスで対戦するなど、独自の試合形式で行われる。女子の日本代表選抜として男子選手と対戦する早田ひな(20=日本生命)は「私のフォアドライブがどこまで通用するのか楽しみ」と“打倒男子”に闘志を燃やしていた。
Harimoto: "I want to enjoy more than win or lose. I am good at backhand, so I hope I can play like that."
Hayata: "I'm looking forward to seeing how far my FH drive will go."

Last edited:
Reactions: Janard
Jan 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqMKh5BJcv8
@1:20
Jin: I'll take out the Japan's representatives. I'll knock them out. If you read the news on the net, it's mostly about the Japan's representatives, as if the T League representatives are extra. I had the most wins last year!! x2
The game ended so quickly. Harimoto won by using his BH only. I think he played 2 FHs the whole game.
AxrYtiQ.jpg

Harimoto: A total waste of time!
ONJ2Xp8.jpg

SSJ god vs SSJ blue
rjlWaHA.jpg

Stage 1
1 Harimoto won.
3 Uda lost.
5 Niwa won.
7 Rematch of MS SF at All-Japan 2020. Harimoto won again.
9 Morizono lost.

2 Hayata lost.
4 Nagasaki lost.
6 Ishikawa lost.
8 Rematch of WS SF at final stage of internal trial for WTTC 2019. Hayata avenges herself.

ObtL3Qs.jpg

Stage 2
Harimoto > Ishikawa
Harimoto < Hayata
Hayata < Niwa
Niwa < Nagasaki
Nagasaki > Morizono
Nagasaki < Uda
Uda < Ishikawa
Ishikawa < Harimoto
Harimoto < Hayata
Hayata < Niwa
Niwa > Nagasaki
Niwa > Ishikawa
Niwa > Hayata
Niwa > Nagasaki
Niwa < Ishikawa
Ishikawa < Morizono
Morizono < Hayata

WdtbhK9.jpg

LiNT010.jpg

Asas71x.jpg

VVjSuyd.jpg

7XAnNFC.jpg

SQZcnhf.jpg

LaKQKHG.jpg

Hayata > Niwa
Hayata < Morizono
Morizono < Ishikawa
Ishikawa > Uda
Ishikawa > Harimoto
Ishikawa < Niwa
Niwa > Nagasaki
Niwa > Hayata
Niwa > Ishikawa
Niwa > Nagasaki
Niwa > Hayata
Niwa < Ishikawa
Ishikawa < Morizono
Morizono > Nagasaki
Morizono > Hayata
Morizono < Ishikawa
Ishikawa < Uda

0tmU5j4.jpg

Uda < Hayata

i4yry5b.jpg

nARoHcL.jpg

mdYwLku.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: apacible
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
2020 Japan All-Star Dream Match Boys vs Girls Points Tally

I made a tally of all the individual points scored during the Girls vs Boys Team Match. Niwa dominated the scored sheet.
cache.php

In other news, Mizutani pulled out of the event at the last minute and cited his poor physical condition as the reason. However, maybe it actually had to do with his "shutout statement" during the press conference a few days ago.

Mizutani Jun(Kinoshita Group) made a "shutout" statement: "There are special rules in the Boys vs Girls Match. You will be rotated out if you lose a point, so I hope not to concede any points to the girls. Masataka Morizono(Bobson), who heard it nearby, replied, "Mizutani-san will win everything, so I'll leave it to you (LOL)."

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Does someone know what is this new blade that Hayata is using ?
She really seems to be an EJ.. I think 5 different blades already since 5 years... ><'' ^^'' haha

Sans titre.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
A blade yet-to-be-revealed by Nittaku, likely.

BTW, how time flies. :)

Zeio pulling out a post from 2014 by the same user. You really are a walking encyclopedia :cool: My own success story was knowing FZD was the next big thing before the world knew about him, sadly I've got no online receipts :rolleyes:

Interesting that Yu Kayama is now LYJ's practice partner. I watched some of his matches and it seems he didn't quite pan out, similarly to Yui Hamamoto. Do we know who his dad is, LYJ's coach?

Also, the shade being thrown at China in that Japan Times article is tremendous:

It’s not necessarily misleading to say that talented and qualified adolescents from around the nation are brought in to develop into global-level athletes with the guidance of the top-level, qualified coaches and staff. But it doesn’t mean that these young athletes are treated without regard to their feelings or development.

“We don’t think that we’ll be able to produce the athletes that we aim to only by developing their athletic competitiveness,” Hirano says. “Conversely, in order to improve their athletic competitiveness, we have to develop their humanity.”

But according to Hirano, the JOC didn’t actively employ the examples of other countries when it founded the Elite Academy, because it wanted to have something that would fit into Japanese society.

And as much as the programs hope to foster future Olympic medalists, it doesn’t find value in creating sporting monsters.

So their future success is essentially put in their own hands, not the government or the JOC’s.

At the Elite Academy the student-athletes are required to cultivate three different abilities: athletic competitiveness, intellect and vitality.
Also, the Elite Academy has no intention of having its athletes neglect their academic workload.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Zeio just casually pulling out a post from 2014 by the same user. You really are a walking encyclopedia :cool: My own success story was knowing FZD was the next big thing before the world knew about him, sadly I've got no online receipts:rolleyes:

Interesting that Yu Kayama is now LYJ's practice partner. I watched some of his matches and it seems he didn't quite pan out, similarly to Hamamoto. Do we know who his dad is, LYJ's coach?

Also, the shade being thrown at China in that Japan Times article is tremendous

加山 兵伍(KAYAMA Hyogo), AKA 華兵(Hua Bing) and the name for his club in Japan, 華兵卓球場. He's a former CNT player. Played penhold short-pips.

Against Koji Matsushita at the All-Japan 2002:

According to this blog post, Kayama stopped Uda from winning in all 3 categories at the All-Japan 2013: hopes(U12), cub(U10), bambi(U8). Harimoto went on to achieve 6-straight wins 2 years later.

https://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=1092
1092-1.jpg

2013 and 2014 were some interesting years. WJTTC 2014 was interesting. Nanjing 2014 was also memorable, Fan Zhendong, Muramatsu, Calderano, Hung Ka Tak, Liu Gaoyang, Doo Hoi Kem, Miyu Kato, Lily Zhang...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
加山 兵伍(KAYAMA Hyogo), AKA 華兵(Hua Bing) and the name for his club in Japan, 華兵卓球場. He's a former CNT player. Played penhold short-pips.

Against Koji Matsushita at the All-Japan 2002:

According to this blog post, Kayama stopped Uda from winning in all 3 categories at the All-Japan 2013: hopes(U12), cub(U10), bambi(U8). Harimoto went on to achieve 6-straight wins 2 years later.

https://world-tt.com/ps_info/ps_report_detail.php?bn=1&pg=HEAD&page=BACK&rpcdno=1092
cache.php

2013 and 2014 were some interesting years. WJTTC 2014 was interesting. Nanjing 2014 was also memorable, Fan Zhendong, Muramatsu, Calderano, Hung Ka Tak, Liu Gaoyang, Doo Hoi Kem, Miyu Kato, Lily Zhang...

Thanks for sharing. Hung Ka Tak was a huge prospect and seemingly disappeared out of nowhere. Apparently lost interest in playing?

Liu Gaoyang seems to have moved on as well, she did a brief stint in the 2. Bundesliga last year.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
A blade yet-to-be-revealed by Nittaku, likely.

BTW, how time flies. :)

OMG yes..!!
How can you remember AND find that again zeio.??!!
I didn't even remember to have written this post... >< ><'' hahahah

6 years already yeah... I cannot believe it.. ^^''
But... thank you as always... always has the answers for everything... Our encyclopedia here... ;):cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Zeio pulling out a post from 2014 by the same user. You really are a walking encyclopedia :cool: My own success story was knowing FZD was the next big thing before the world knew about him, sadly I've got no online receipts :rolleyes:

Yes... Always..!!
I remember too many years ago maybe around 2015, he answered me too about a STIGA interview with Wang Manyu when she started to perform well and translated it for me... ^^
She was talking about her dad selling "cakes" (I don't remember the name in chinese... rou--- something.. ^^'') in the street for a living...
Zeio always the man and we're lucky to have him here... ;);):D

Jan 2018
OMG yes..!!
How can you remember AND find that again zeio.??!!
I didn't even remember to have written this post... >< ><'' hahahah

6 years already yeah... I cannot believe it.. ^^''
But... thank you as always... always has the answers for everything... Our encyclopedia here... ;):cool:

Well, that post was what got me started following Hayata! Ito and Hirano were already making their ways up the ladder at the world stage. Compared to them, Hayata was far less impressive in her cadet days. So, it stuck in the back of my mind because I wanted to see how it would turn out.

Jan 2018
sorry i am confused, KAYAMA is a former CNT player who played Matsushita in 2002 ?

or hes a kid who played against Uda in young categories in 2013

Kayama's dad played against Matsushita.
Kayama's son played against Uda.

:p

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi