Suggestions on Hinoki Blade and Spin Oriented Rubber with Med/High Throw

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Suggestions on Hinoki blade with rubbersi

We probably have similar playing styles. I am currently using Joola Rossi Emotion with T05 on both sides for an active aggressive style of play. I can also use on the same blade the following rubbers: Tibhar 1Q, 5Q, Nimbus, Andro Hexer HD, Maxxx P, Rhyzm and T64.
With the same rubbers I also like Xiom Axelo, Primorac Carbon and Tibhar Inca.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hmmm... interesting.
[Emoji15]

Well, i thought the KJH has a white-ash top ply? But maybe you just like the overall performance....

[Emoji12]

You are right. The top ply is White Ash. It does feel a little harder than I normally like. The blade still feels good though. I would like to feel a blade with the same burned core and a Limba top ply. But this setup still feels really good. And the biggest thing about this setup is handling incoming spin.

So my previous setup: Virtuoso Plus with MXP + FXP got more spin but was more reactive to incoming spin. This setup does not get as much spin, but is less reactive to the incoming spin.

And the KJK is probably not what someone looking for Hinoki would want.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Last detail:

I have played many blades with a Hinoki top ply. I really do believe Hinoki is the most amazing wood. But I also feel that Hinoki works better when it is in a blade where ALL plies are Hinoki, or, where it is a ONE PLY Hinoki blade. I also feel, when Hinoki is used as the top ply in a composite blade, the blade usually ends up being REALLY rocket ship fast.

If I was going to get a different blade than my Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon or my OSP Virtuoso Plus, I WOULD GET a Darker 7P-2A. The thinner one: The 6.2mm one.

But if I could get a thinner all Hinoki blade, like a 5 ply all Hinoki blade that was about 5.6mm thick, that would be an amazing blade for me.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
KJH used to be my 'ultimate weapon' , 'last blade', 'take it with me to grave blade' a few months back, then I found a pre-owned Joola Rossi Emotion (have you tried this already?) which currently replaced my KJH and is now my default 'zombie apocalypse' blade meaning come 'hell and high water this is it blade'. And yes it does most of the things you love about KJH and a wee bit more. Has more power, ball gets there a little faster, just like KJH you can loop and counter loop till the cows come home, and you get that weird self assurance that so long as you loop and hit the ball there is a very high percentage the ball finds the table. Oh and its got thin Hinoki top ply feels like wood and somehow somebody has to convince you its got carbon 3rd ply!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
And the KJK is probably not what someone looking for Hinoki would want.

I think you´re quite right. But speaking of Nexy and Hinoki the Nexy Tamar series comes to my mind which is the Hinoki line of NEXY.
I actually wanted to give the Nexy Tamar V a try (which can be purchased here: https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/tamar-v.html) which is said to be quite close to the BTY Kiso Hinoki V

The Tamar VII is probably pretty nice too, but a little more stiff. (It can be found here: https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/tamar-vii.html )

But both blades are still on my list, ´cause m 3ply Hinoki Nittaku Killton still does an amazing job...
[Emoji12]

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and suggestions :)

I finalized the rubbers on Miyabi as:
Tibhar Aurus Prime 1.9 FH
Rakza 7 2.0 BH

As a backup blade, I got Nittaku Septear
Tibhar evolution MX-P 1.9 on FH
DHS Gold Arc 8 47 2.0 on BH

Cheers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and suggestions :)

I finalized the rubbers on Miyabi as:
Tibhar Aurus Prime 1.9 FH
Rakza 7 2.0 BH

As a backup blade, I got Nittaku Septear
Tibhar evolution MX-P 1.9 on FH
DHS Gold Arc 8 47 2.0 on BH

Cheers!

Nice!
Pls let us know your thoughts how you like 'em after testing briefly.
[Emoji6]

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl