Zhang Jike's watch collection is insane!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

Recently Zhang Jike attended some events and what stood out in particular were the watches he was wearing. Check them out below!

Combined all of the watches cost well over £300,000!

Who said you couldn't earn money from playing Table Tennis?! :)

zhangjikewatch2.jpg

zhangjikewatch3.jpg

zhangjikewatch4.jpg

zhangjikewatch1.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'd call it obscene rather than insane, but well, that's because I happen to think scarcity actually exists, and resource depletion is a thing we should start getting worried about. Or rather, we should have started doing something about decades ago already. But hey, let's hear it for the big spender. He who burns the largest area of rainforest wins!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Looks like he is an EJ

EJ as in Enormous Jerk...;) sorry for the little pun, however I have to agree with yoass wholeheartedly.
Zhang Jike was spectacular as a player during his peak years, but I have rather big problems respecting people like this characterwise...300 grand could feed a lot of dogs and cats in animal asylums...just my 2 cents.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
EJ as in Enormous Jerk...;) sorry for the little pun, however I have to agree with yoass wholeheartedly.
Zhang Jike was spectacular as a player during his peak years, but I have rather big problems respecting people like this characterwise...300 grand could feed a lot of dogs and cats in animal asylums...just my 2 cents.

You think He is Jerk just because he is soending HIS money on what he likes? So we have lots of jerks . Like messi , Ronaldo , and other rich oeople . who spend lots of money for watch and cars . But also Zhang Jike helps lots of children and also was a member of a plan for helping wild animals . So I think now I know who is Jerk here ;)

Reactions: ping fun

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
His watches appear to be a taste-free zone, although the AP are slightly better than the Richard Mille. Danggi is probably quite right that they are an investment though, he'll almost certainly be able to sell them on for $$$$ if he looks after them. Hopefully if/when he grows up a bit he'll discover brands like Patek Phillipe, Panerai and IWC !

Yes I am a bit of a watch freak but I don't have the money to indulge !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey guys,

Recently Zhang Jike attended some events and what stood out in particular were the watches he was wearing. Check them out below!

Combined all of the watches cost well over £300,000!

Who said you couldn't earn money from playing Table Tennis?! :)

zhangjikewatch2.jpg

zhangjikewatch3.jpg

zhangjikewatch4.jpg

zhangjikewatch1.jpg

Hey dan ! Thanks for your thread . I have posted about his watch in zhang jike thread . Yes he's in love with watches and has a good taste in them .
Reading some of the first posts really feel surprised . He's got money and he can spend where ever he wants . He has helped enough to poor and needy people especially kids . So please dont act like a ....... .

IF U GOT IT , FLAUNT IT .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Well, my point would be that i've seen people whose families are rich since decades, centuries or even ages and wouldn't find the need to run around with the fanciest stuff and show off how much they've spent.
You mostly find this behaviour from new parvenues and other upcomers. Someone who owns enough for ages doesn't find it interesting to let the world know how much they really have.
[Emoji6]
Now that being said, i got raised to never envy other people's achievements. You simply never know how much he/she has done to make that achievement.
And basically they don't need anyone worrying what they do with their money. In fact i think it's neither my business nor anyone else's. So if that person worked his a** off or sold bis soul to the devil.
Still not my business.
Just my 2ct

says Aging is a killer
I am the two-watch kid

His watches appear to be a taste-free zone, although the AP are slightly better than the Richard Mille. Danggi is probably quite right that they are an investment though, he'll almost certainly be able to sell them on for $$$$ if he looks after them. Hopefully if/when he grows up a bit he'll discover brands like Patek Phillipe, Panerai and IWC !

Yes I am a bit of a watch freak but I don't have the money to indulge !!

Sorry but I have to disagree. Too much snob appeal with those brands plus very little style innovation, except for the Panerai:)

Wrist check: As I type, these occupy my wrists, yes wrists:pTuna.jpg
Oversized and heavy for my small wrists but I like them.
Off-topic:
Believe it or not, I wear them during TT matches. In an evening league match of three rubbers, I average 6200steps. That's about 2 miles of walking.

Gear S4.jpg

Reactions: JHB

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Sorry but I have to disagree. Too much snob appeal with those brands plus very little style innovation, except for the Panerai:)

Wrist check: As I type, these occupy my wrists, yes wrists:pView attachment 17576
Oversized and heavy for my small wrists but I like them.
Off-topic:
Believe it or not, I wear them during TT matches. In an evening league match of three rubbers, I average 6200steps. That's about 2 miles of walking.

View attachment 17575

Yup, Seiko is my choice too - an automatic diver and a kinetic, worn turn and turn about. I can't cope with a watch or anything else on my playing arm though.

Maybe not Patek then, chose that mainly as an example of more understated bling. My primary requirement of a watch is that I can read it without putting my glasses on, hence Panerai and IWC. I'd add Bremont to that list too.

says Aging is a killer
Yup, Seiko is my choice too - an automatic diver and a kinetic, worn turn and turn about. I can't cope with a watch or anything else on my playing arm though.

Maybe not Patek then, chose that mainly as an example of more understated bling. My primary requirement of a watch is that I can read it without putting my glasses on, hence Panerai and IWC. I'd add Bremont to that list too.

Mine too, sadly.:( Plus can I read it in the dark, hence the need for a nice Lume.

Reactions: JHB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Well, my point would be that i've seen people whose families are rich since decades, centuries or even ages and wouldn't find the need to run around with the fanciest stuff and show off how much they've spent.
You mostly find this behaviour from new parvenues and other upcomers. Someone who owns enough for ages doesn't find it interesting to let the world know how much they really have.
[Emoji6]
Now that being said, i got raised to never envy other people's achievements. You simply never know how much he/she has done to make that achievement.
And basically they don't need anyone worrying what they do with their money. In fact i think it's neither my business nor anyone else's. So if that person worked his a** off or sold bis soul to the devil.
Still not my business.
Just my 2ct

I think most of the athletes werent rich from the start , as you say they tried so hard and gave up other things like being away from family and blah blah to got what they have now . Also I dont think zjk is showing every one that he got expensive watches or saying hey guys see my watch or see my car or .... ;) He just wears theses watches , even the richest people wears watch on their wrist ;) So what can he do ? No one really knows how much he got . He nvr send his car photos or other asset . These are just fans collections . He nvr wear strang clothes even maybe simpler than us . He even never send anything about his girfriend and has kept people away from his private life too but any way people are curious about every details of his life in china or other countries to see what he wears and where he goes .

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladxu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I would pick up the watches in store, then use the shipping money on a sheet of tenergy.
Rich AND smart.

╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ ˂ᵒ͜͡ᵏᵎ⁾✩