Xiom: Pros or anyone?

This user has no status.
Hello,
My name is Eric and I'm ranked top ten in Australia for u/15. My world ranking points is ~900.
I was looking at Xiom blades and their craftsmanship and noticed that they produce some very high quality blades.
This drew me to Xiom rubbers as well.
Particularly interested in the Xiom Vega series.
I've spent about two hours reading some reviews, and some reviewers are saying that only with very good footwork and technique, will Xiom Vega Pro/Europe be a good rubber to play with.
Is this true? Or could someone of my level be able to control the unexpected characteristics of the Xiom Vega series?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Ok, I dont know how that ranks you versus me, but as a 1700-1800 USA player I would imagine you are probably more advanced/technically sound. I use the xiom sigma 2 euro rubber, which by all accounts is more unforgiving than the vegas. I have also very briefly used a friends vega euro and I really liked it. It didnt take much acclimation from tenergy, and in my experience, the brand is not hard to use. they generate a lot of spin without much work. Vega euro is VERY controllable.

This user has no status.
I use Vega Pro and swear by it - I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new rubber, regardless of their standard. It produces a hell of a lot of spin and is pretty powerful as well. I absolutely love the control it gives me on my backhand and feels much more natural there than Tenergy used to be. I would say that it is slower than Tenergy though.

I doubt having good/bad footwork would have that much of an effect on how well a particular rubber works for you!

This user has no status.
Xiom Vega Pro certainly sounds like a very promising rubber :) I'm not a great big fan of Tenergy, mainly because I dislike being mainstream and it's incredibly expensive nowadays, and since I'm still a junior, I feel a little bit guilty getting my sister/folks to pay for it.
Thanks BKTT, will definitely try to get a Xiom-based paddle, their equipment is top-notch!
Xiom will be one of the first things I test once I get tired of competition-playing :D

This user has no status.
Hello,
My name is Eric and I'm ranked top ten in Australia for u/15. My world ranking points is ~900.
I was looking at Xiom blades and their craftsmanship and noticed that they produce some very high quality blades.
This drew me to Xiom rubbers as well.
Particularly interested in the Xiom Vega series.
I've spent about two hours reading some reviews, and some reviewers are saying that only with very good footwork and technique, will Xiom Vega Pro/Europe be a good rubber to play with.
Is this true? Or could someone of my level be able to control the unexpected characteristics of the Xiom Vega series?

Thanks

In my humble opinion, maybe you can try Xiom V1, combined with Xiom Sigma Euro (fh), and Xiom Vega Euro for the backhand... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Xiom Vega Pro certainly sounds like a very promising rubber :) I'm not a great big fan of Tenergy, mainly because I dislike being mainstream and it's incredibly expensive nowadays, and since I'm still a junior, I feel a little bit guilty getting my sister/folks to pay for it.
Thanks BKTT, will definitely try to get a Xiom-based paddle, their equipment is top-notch!
Xiom will be one of the first things I test once I get tired of competition-playing :D

Did you try to get in touch with Adam Bobrow ? He is hugely popular in the table tennis world and has connect with the top playersand is sponsored by Xiom, should be able to help you I suppose

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Did you try to get in touch with Adam Bobrow ? He is hugely popular in the table tennis world and has connect with the top playersand is sponsored by Xiom, should be able to help you I suppose

Eric needs to get in touch with Xiom distributors in Australia, not Adam Bobrow, who is based in America.
Xiom is pretty big in Australia, so many players using it with my recent visit to Victoria

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Eric needs to get in touch with Xiom distributors in Australia, not Adam Bobrow, who is based in America.
Xiom is pretty big in Australia, so many players using it with my recent visit to Victoria

You are right Tony, but because of Adam's massive presence in Facebook he might be easier to reach and get the Australia contact. I remember he went down to New Zealand a few days back, so I am guessing he would have contacts in Australia/New Zealand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You are right Tony, but because of Adam's massive presence in Facebook he might be easier to reach and get the Australia contact. I remember he went down to New Zealand a few days back, so I am guessing he would have contacts in Australia/New Zealand.

Certainly Adam can make some recommendations to Xiom head office, but there are protocols to follow and Eric is not an international player. He needs to be approved and go via Xiom Australian distributors.

I know, because I got 11 players sponsored from 4 different companies :)

Reactions: DJeX and ttmonster
I use Vega Pro and swear by it - I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new rubber, regardless of their standard. It produces a hell of a lot of spin and is pretty powerful as well. I absolutely love the control it gives me on my backhand and feels much more natural there than Tenergy used to be. I would say that it is slower than Tenergy though.

I doubt having good/bad footwork would have that much of an effect on how well a particular rubber works for you!

Hey we use nearly the exactly same equipment. And yeah Vega Pro is an amazing rubber. I have used it on 6 or more blades and it never disappointed me.

This user has no status.
I'm using the Omega Tour/Europe and these are good rubbers

The Vega Series were slow for me

I emailed XIOM and asked them for the Series differance , see below

Vega, Sigma II, Omega 5 (think them as level of rubbers)
Vega (Easy to play with / great performance)
Sigma II (Compared to VEGA, Harder to play with / better performance)
Omega 5 (Compared to Sigma II, Harder to play with / top performing rubber. Also optimized for all balls including plastic balls)

PRO = Spin / Speed orientated
ASIA = Speed orientated
EUROPE = Spin / Control orientated
ELITE = Control orientated
CHINA = Sticky rubber
JAPAN = Spin / Speed orientated, but bit softer than PRO