Der_Echte in NYC

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Secret Handshake...i will show you when we meet...too many prying eyes :rolleyes:

Oh, cool. I know the one! Same one as for getting the special Ma Long H3 from DHS! Got it. Good call.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Next time, we have to do this at a train station accessible club not named SpinNY (like Lily Yip or NJTTC), so people can drive without paying tolls through their noses and parking through their asses.

Right on!

Of the two, I recommend LYTTC as there's more of a chance that we can get a dedicated table there.

I would have liked to come there to meet Der_Echte (heard he plays a bit like BH_Man does) & UDC but it's just difficult to get to.

I recommend that y'll New Yorkers plan a NJ clubs visit - we all can hit a few clubs together.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
Next time, we have to do this at a train station accessible club not named SpinNY (like Lily Yip or NJTTC), so people can drive without paying tolls through their noses and parking through their asses.

I have not been to Westfield, Lily Yips, Westchester or Trolley Car and i would like to visit...So these would be good options for me. This will be like the yearly Carnival/Street Fair(Der_Echte) that rolls into town. Should we make posters and banners with Der_Echtes face on it?;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, Lily's club is pretty amazing. I am up for setting up a day to do that. Last time I went there it was to hang out with Matt Hetherington and it was on a Sunday. It actually took me 4 hours to get there because the path train to the commuter train was all messed up. But I would still go again because that club is awesome.

So we will plan another TT adventure soon.

The reason I decided that we should try going to NYISC was that I asked Edmund which club in the Flushing area would be best for these circumstances and he said Shao Yu's club. I have never been there. And he may not have been considering tolls or public transportation. I think, when he goes, he drives. And someone from NYC knows how to drive and avoid all the tolls. Like 59th Street Bridge. But I figured, Edmund has been to every club ever in existence and he would know what would be best for a crew showing up to have some fun.

But, hey, if this is the start of a larger scale East Coast TT crew gathering, then we can travel to a bunch of places one adventure at a time.

Sent from my OuterSpacePhone using TroubleMakerTalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have not been to Westfield, Lily Yips, Westchester or Trolley Car and i would like to visit...So these would be good options for me. This will be like the yearly Carnival/Street Fair(Der_Echte) that rolls into town. Should we make posters and banners with Der_Echtes face on it?;)

Trolley Car has the best parking situation but it is not central nor easily train accessible from NY. Lily has the best playing situation and is next to a train station. Parking is usually decent as well. Westfield has a better parking situation but table availability varies as they have only 8 tables. It is also next to a train station.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Lily Yips club has got to be top five on the east coast. I went there for a training camp this year but I never went when there were no assigned tables. I would like to go to the Westfield one also. Even though it's a long commute from NYC, it's not that bad because the train stops at both westfield and dunellen

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Lily Yips club has got to be top five on the east coast. I went there for a training camp this year but I never went when there were no assigned tables. I would like to go to the Westfield one also. Even though it's a long commute from NYC, it's not that bad because the train stops at both westfield and dunellen

Westchester and Lily Yip are #1 and #2 in some order in terms of facilities. Everyone else lags significantly in some respect - the main reason MDTTC lags is age related - if they had the same people start it today, they would be different. You see something similar in Princeton Pong, though that club doesn't have wooden floors. I haven't played in clubs below the DC line though, so there might be something in North Carolina or Florida. I haven't seen Smash TT yet either. But my feeling is that it is unlikely that anything will compare to those 2 given the financial investments that were made to create both clubs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Westchester and Lily Yip are #1 and #2 in some order in terms of facilities. Everyone else lags significantly in some respect - the main reason MDTTC lags is age related - if they had the same people start it today, they would be different. You see something similar in Princeton Pong, though that club doesn't have wooden floors. I haven't played in clubs below the DC line though, so there might be something in North Carolina or Florida. I haven't seen Smash TT yet either. But my feeling is that it is unlikely that anything will compare to those 2 given the financial investments that were made to create both clubs.

I would agree. I think Lily 's might have better coaching. They bring in chinese coaches and have great juniors there. Westchester also has great camps though.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would agree. I think Lily 's might have better coaching. They bring in chinese coaches and have great juniors there. Westchester also has great camps though.

Lily even brought in this Kiwi from New Zealand. Flew him all the way here to coach the kids. What was his name again?

Yea they can be pretty formidable, my students are nearing 2000 now. The boy I started with last November at 900 just broke 1900 this week :D

Oh, yeah, that was it: Matt Hetherington!

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Lily even brought in this Kiwi from New Zealand. Flew him all the way here to coach the kids. What was his name again?

Oh, yeah, that was it: Matt Hetherington!

Yeah, but Matt decided he had more important stuff to do than see me at lily yips... stupid stuff like training in china, playing in the China open, trying out for the New Zealand national team... what a jerk, right? Haha :)

This user has no status.
IIIIIIIIIIIIImmmmmmm, coming up, so U better get this party started...

42BP, now you know why I have been talking about veggie juice.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You & Carl are the life of the party...i am along for the ride. :D

Der_Echte, break out before dawn...before the wife wakes up...i wont tell.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Derek? No wonder he has no backhand. Fantastic kid and I love his family. I think he will get better really fast as well - will probably be beating me and the top juniors at Lily if he gets over the fact that they aren't plated with gold and diamond studs given his strokes. Massive forehand and good serves. Backhand opener and block is low hanging fruit.

Lol no wonder he has no backhand? What you think I can't teach people how to play a backhand or something?

He has a long way to go, Lily has been working with him a lot especially now that I'm out of the country. He's a smart kid but tends to get a bit soft and often backed off the table where he really struggles to stay in rallies, especially if people are giving him a lot of variation. Props to him though he never gives up on a ball! :D