Same movement, different rubbers & different outcome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Greetings everyone,

In the time of quarantine in order to escape the monotony I practise the underspin in my serve. After I tried another blade with tenergy 05 I observed an increase in amount of spin. My rubber was TSP Ventus Spin. Since I didn't change the movement in any way shouldn't the amount of spin dicreased by the use of tenergy 05 since is a harder rubber? Or that means that the time has come for harder sponges?

Sent from my NEM-L21 using Tapatalk

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

How old is the sheet of Ventus spin?
This can be a factor, rubbers lose some of their performance over time.
Also different rubbers have different capabilities.
if you are also using a different blade to that used with the Ventus Spin, then the same applies, maybe to a lesser extent, some rubbers just play better with certain types of blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi,

How old is the sheet of Ventus spin?
This can be a factor, rubbers lose some of their performance over time.
Also different rubbers have different capabilities.
if you are also using a different blade to that used with the Ventus Spin, then the same applies, maybe to a lesser extent, some rubbers just play better with certain types of blade.
Tenergy has been used more than ventus and the blades are very similar. I didn't mentioned those factors previously because I didn't estimated that affect the spin outcome. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Tenergy has been used more than ventus and the blades are very similar. I didn't mentioned those factors previously because I didn't estimated that affect the spin outcome. Thanks for your reply

The Tenergy rubbers have an excellent reputation for their life span, some ESN rubbers, and I think the TSP Ventus series of rubbers are made in Germany and is an ESN rubber, ESN seem to have shorter lifespan.
T05 is known for good spin retention.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
So, you mean that by using a completely different setup the amount of spin might be different? Agree with you [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
So, you mean that by using a completely different setup the amount of spin might be different? Agree with you [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Similar composition of the blades so the only difference is the rubber. The reason of the questions is that I estimated the opposites outcome

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Couple of factors.

1. You dont use sponge as much in service as much as you do use topsheet which has its own hardness. Different topsheets act differently. When serving I think you use topsheet more.
2. Age is its own factor. Rubber do oxidize over time.
3. Different rubbers react differently to different strokes. I alter slightly my service stroke depending on rubber (I also twiddle sometimes to mess up my opponents head).
4. You might think you do the same stroke but you didn't. Perception is a funny thing.
5. Tenergy has weird ease of generating spin.

Reactions: OSer
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Butterfly: Please don't get the wrong idea. ESN is not in the same league here. There's NO ALTERNATIVES, just IMITATIONS. That's why we can charge an arm and a leg and people will sell their kidneys for it.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto