World Table Tennis Star Contender Doha 2021

THAT is NOT WORLD TT!

WTTtvpng.png

And the Youtube channel is a frustratingly F*cking disaster!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://youtu.be/vh2s1JO2bXA?t=3902

Hirano: Now you know why I played with a lower back support and ONLY lost 2-3 last week. You see, the doubles is worth more than the singles!
Hayata: I'm still recovering from foot pain after the All-Japan, played doubles, went the distance in every best of 5 singles match and still reached the final last week!
Ito: I played in singles only and still barely got enough sleep.
Ishikawa: I carried Hirano to the doubles title and no one cares. 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: FIXPOINT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
https://youtu.be/vh2s1JO2bXA?t=3902

Hirano: Now you know why I played with a lower back support and ONLY lost 2-3 last week. You see, the doubles is worth more than the singles!
Hayata: I'm still recovering from foot pain after the All-Japan, played doubles, went the distance in every best of 5 singles match and still reached the final last week!
Ito: I played in singles only and still barely got enough sleep.
Ishikawa: I carried Hirano to the doubles title and no one cares. 😭

ouch :-( She was in the best form since forever too

• Sad
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Kallberg vs Ovtcharov in the quarters. Maybe the two current best European players? Dima looks like he's finally all the way back from injury, and Kallberg could be ready to challenge Falck as best in Sweden. The Swedish men's team is starting to look dangerous. Falck, Karlsson, Kallberg, not to mention Truls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017

WTT sucks. I can’t understand the schedule, draw, I couldn’t watch any game online because it’s just not clear when it should be. The information is just completely unreadable.

I didn't even get to the problems of video streaming, I can't even find a list of games for tomorrow, at what time and on what table.

The tournament system is also incomprehensible, there are two standings, Star Contenders and simply Contenders, nothing to understand.
And the WTT site - you can't find anything useful on it.

Everyone sends links to YouTube of interesting games, you click - the video has already been deleted due to violation of someone's rights.

ITTF decided to kill table tennis completely?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
I'm trying to work the new WTT tour out. Is my understanding correct that essentially the Contender series replaces the old 'Challenger' series and the 'Star Contender' is the new World Tour Platinum?

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

I went through their promotional material and summarized it in this blog post since WTT seems unable to aggregate all the information in one spot: https://edgesandnets.com/2021/01/26/ittfcalendar/
WTT Star Contender seems to be more like regular world tour, WTT Champions (not to be confused with world championships) is more like platinum tour, and WTT Grand Smash is a new thing that is modeled after grand slams and apparently is supposed to eventually replace the World Championships? WTT Champions and Grand Smash also have "mandatory participation" whatever that means.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

I went through their promotional material and summarized it in this blog post since WTT seems unable to aggregate all the information in one spot: https://edgesandnets.com/2021/01/26/ittfcalendar/
WTT Star Contender seems to be more like regular world tour, WTT Champions (not to be confused with world championships) is more like platinum tour, and WTT Grand Smash is a new thing that is modeled after grand slams and apparently is supposed to eventually replace the World Championships? WTT Champions and Grand Smash also have "mandatory participation" whatever that means.

Thank you. Appreciate your blog, and will give the post a look. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
One of my concerns looking at this new event structure is that we will no longer see any major Table Tennis events here in Australia.
We might get a Star Contender event, but with these seemingly limited to only 4 of the top twenty players participating, it will greatly reduce what we get here down under.

Shame!

Thanks for your blog post tho, really clarified a few things and cleared stuff up for me.