Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2019?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Koki Niwa

• Jun Mizutani

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
There was a point in the Falck-Lin match (9:17 on the Youtube highlights) where Falck flipped his racket several times during the point. First, he flipped to the inverted on his forehand to loop the wide serve to his forehand. Then he flipped back to his the pips on his forehand for a drive, then he flipped to hit with the pips on his backhand (I think - pretty fast, not not entirely sure on this one) to win the point. I had not seen him do that before, and I don't think he did it again during the match. Another weapon being developed in his arsenal? The change up I think would be devastating.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
No mention of ML but the Zhibo TV folks still "added" it in Chinese fashion.

Last edited:
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
a little bit off-topic, but in Tokyo 2020, Moregard will be 1 year older, with Falck playing like this, and with also Anton Kallberg and Karlsson, doesn't Sweden have the chance to make some upset? They seem the will be the strongest team from Europe. (Timo boll will have 39 that time and I don't think Ovtcharov could have so much longevity as Timo Boll or Samsonov. Not talking about merit but his game is too physical and maybe in later age he can't adapt so easily imho)

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Falck seems to be in great form atm but I think he's a one dimensional player, not much variation in his game, and I find his style to be unesthetic. If you ask me I'd never tune in to watch him play unless he plays someone with more finesse.

Falck with so so much potential as a short pip player, need to work on his fh receive. He gave away so many points to LGY by returning half long with average spin.

Wish he can be a European Liu Guoliang soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
There was a point in the Falck-Lin match (9:17 on the Youtube highlights) where Falck flipped his racket several times during the point. First, he flipped to the inverted on his forehand to loop the wide serve to his forehand. Then he flipped back to his the pips on his forehand for a drive, then he flipped to hit with the pips on his backhand (I think - pretty fast, not not entirely sure on this one) to win the point. I had not seen him do that before, and I don't think he did it again during the match. Another weapon being developed in his arsenal? The change up I think would be devastating.

The biggest weakness with short pimple is the opening loop. Always surprises me that no one use this more against him. The chinese started doing this after loosing two sets and this made him win the match. Rakza Po do not have much grip, so i think Falck felt that he needed more spin on the first opening loop. If he changed to a short pimple with more grip he would not have so much problem with this. If he dared to vary the placement on the opening loop i think he could have won. To much just in the chinese backhand, so he could step around confidently.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
have they played the final? if no, when is it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
a bit off - topic but i don't know where to post this, so here it is

I forgot that Ai speaks perfect Mandarin and didn't realize until I'd watched half the vid that's it was her speaking, not an interpreter dubbing because of audio delay :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Suga ... but what's wrong with saying that Han Ying has more in common with Asian table tennis tradition, considering her upbringing than the European one, even though she is German now ... ?

If it only would have been worded that way. But most times the tone is rather different.

All I meant to say was Han Ying is a Chinese in a cultural sense. She might be a German national, but she prefers Chinese food and language over those of other cultures. She was born and raised in China. She lived in China for the majority of her life. I earnestly do not believe that just because Han Ying changed her nationality, she will suddenly stop speaking Chinese and stop eating Chinese food. Germany is her nationality, but culturally she will always be a Chinese.
How did racism get dragged in all this? All I did was trying to point out the difference between nationality and cultural identity. Chinese is not a race, it's a country of people and a culture.

By the amounts of Schnitzel, Bratwurst and Beer she enjoyed while she's been here she then has to be at least half German then? What about the Döner Kebabs? Did that make her turkish to a degree then? Or the Pizzas? I guess she must be also a bit Italian then....

See, where this leads to?

Many times these differences are brought up for putting ethnicity over nationality by very questionable motivations. In a fast changing world it would be helpful if people wouldn't relate nationality too much to ethnicity.
Instead of looking for differences it would be helpful if we rather look more for similarities instead.
That's basically all there is to it.

She has become a German with asian roots. She isn't either the one or the other, she is both. Ofc she enjoys her chinese culture as well as she enjoys taking part in European culture in Poland and Germany. Might be hard to understand for some but that's how it is.

...No one would give a dime about political correctness..

Actually a sad thing to say...

Han Ying is politically a German and ethnically(birth, origin) a Chinese. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly. She isn't one or the other. She is both.

This whole PC crap is turning the Western countries into an allergic af society as a whole.

I would be careful making statements like these. These kind of narratives are often used by "Leave"-voters and "Trump-followers" and other far-right groups across the globe.
The term 'pc' has been very misused and misinterpreted in the close past. It originally stands for being empathetic, compassionate and respectful.
https://correspondentlive.com/9327/opinions/political-correctness-conveys-empathy/

Nothing else than treat others the same f*cking way how you like being treated yourself.
I know respect for others can only be expected and demanded from people that respect themselves first, while others claim it must be "earned".

But this whole kind of thinking needs to change if we start looking for 21st century problems and their solutions.

Only very selfish and egoistically thinking people will think that respect and empathy are bad things that will turn the western world into an "allergic af society" how you named it,
to people with at least a little social awareness skills it will make socializing and making friends or actually life in general become more easy.
Many experts agree that these so called 'soft-skills' will become much more relevant in the near future.

For decades, wait a second, no, for centuries or rather milleniae adulescents are being taught to become a**holes while growing up (or otherwise they won't survive in this cold world), but children are different and rather unspoilt and haven't developed this kind of thinking yet... like this little boy

What the world needs is not more old men's thinking but rather more childlike unspoiled empathy and luv.

And while we're at it regarding the overcrowdedness and overpopulation of your society, showing more respect to everyone could be very helpful for future generations and hopefully all today's rudeness and selfishness will be eradicated and not lead to chaos, pain and suffering.

But luckily not everyone is a backwards oriented insensitive 'Klutz' and is rather 'far-sighted' like Jack Ma for instance.
He said some things that show signs that there is still some hope left for your society or actually....
....actually all of humanity.

Sorry for OT, but this was somewhat relevant to me.

Now back to the finals. It's "captain" time.
Looking forward
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
No mention of ML but the Zhibo TV folks still "added" it in Chinese fashion.

https://youtu.be/4nqWxy9eS8I?t=18

[0:18]
Reporter: How do you feel about people considering you a dark "whore" (?!) ... after beating Harimoto, do like this title?
Mattias: yes, of course ...

It was just so funny, I had to notice it ... ; )

Last edited: