PALIO Ak47

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
From what I've read recently it is a light rubber suited for 40+ balls. It is fitting for backhand on a fast and offensive blade also on forehand if your task is easy for controlling and "allround"

This user has no status.
When i se my father I use a 2012 Butterfly Timo ALL+ with AK47 blue FH and BH. It's really nice as an introductory rubber on that set up, light as hell with a light blade, decent spin and speed but feels a bit "airy". I'd probably suggest it for a developing two winged looper but 729 focus snipe 3 is probably equally as good but better balanced overall. The AK47 is good and predictable but just doesnt feel so stable.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Hi! Please tell me your thoughts about this rubber!

Thanks!

I used the blue for a short while.Currently using the red on my BH.Fully agree with thomas.pong,great price to performance ratio.Pretty quick and good spin.At US 10 per sheet,cant go wrong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

The Sponge-hardness is as follows (as appears on the actual sponge of my 3 AK47s)

• AK 47 Red = 45° - 47°
  • AK 47 Yellow = 42° - 44°
  • AK 47 Blue = 38° - 40°
All 3 rubbers are quite light-weight. The Yellow seems to be the heaviest of the 3 .. I feel it's also the bounciest of the 3 ... I have it mounted on a OFF- all-wood blade .. Excellent @ top-spinning/looping close-to-mid-distance ... For some reason, it seems to produce a good amount side-spin/top-spin... I found it to be okay'ish at over-the-table pushing, and blocking .. Has a distinct sound, when top-spinning or hitting..

The Red variant is my current fav... It have it paired with pretty hard, stiff and fast (OFF to OF+) blade... To me, it feels like a toned-down version of the MXP ... Not the spinniest rubber out there, but can sure produce a more-than-decent amount of spin... Although its a hard'ish rubber, I find it pretty good at pushing over-the-table...Produces a respectable amount of spin on serves.. Awesome at flat-hits, and punch-blocks/jabs... As compared to the other rubbers I play with, I feel opponents have a tough time coping it the speed & spin it can generate on top-spins/loops... The top-spin trajectory is low.. I find it okay'ish at lifting backspin & clearing the net - This could be due to my technique (lack of), and/or the blade..

I'd say The Blue variant is an all-rounder ... I have it mounted to a flexible/springy Def++ blade.. Once again, pretty good @ top-spin/looping ... I found it less spinny & speedy, compared to the Red. However, the control is more, when compared to the Red & Yellow.. I'd compare this one to the likes of Xiom Europe Vega, 729 Focus III Snipe, etc..

All-in-All, these 3 variants are vlue-of-money rubbers..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I have a composite 7 ply blade which is fast. Do you guys think I should for what color of these rubber variants?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
That really depends on your level and hardness/feel preference.

What's your rating, actual or estimate? What rubbers have you enjoyed on this particular blade or other blades?

I am just a novice. I have only been playing for 2 years. I had the chance to try Tenergy05 but a pal of mine told me to not purchase expensive rubbers yet. I really like to spin on forehand and backhand. My first blade was just a hobby bat that came with its own rubber.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I am just a novice. I have only been playing for 2 years. I had the chance to try Tenergy05 but a pal of mine told me to not purchase expensive rubbers yet. I really like to spin on forehand and backhand. My first blade was just a hobby bat that came with its own rubber.
Hmmm yea, Tenergy would likely be too fast for you right now and hinder your progress, so not a good investment.

I'd say you can try Red on FH and Yellow on BH and see if that works for you. You can also try flipping it to see how you like Yellow on FH. You'll be able to tell if Red is too hard or too fast for your FH, same with Yellow on BH/FH. Then you can decide if you want to stay with Red/Yellow, or switch to Yellow/Yellow, Yellow/Blue, Blue/Blue...

Also, if your composite blade is too fast and too bouncy for you, you can always get a 5-ply OFF- blade like Xiom Offensive S to make your progress easier and smoother. That's usually what's best for beginners/low and even high intermediate players.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Your pal gave you the best advice. I'd take the Blue on BH and Red on FH - you can then experience the difference in hardnesses and recognize little more what do you actually prefer... ... and then someone let's you try tacky chinese rubber :)

Btw. what's the name/model of your blade?

Update now I read Thomas's post, our recommendations are close...

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Your pal gave you the best advice. I'd take the Blue on BH and Red on FH - you can then experience the difference in hardnesses and recognize little more what do you actually prefer... ... and then someone let's you try tacky chinese rubber :)

Btw. what's the name/model of your blade?

Update now I read Thomas's post, our recommendations are close...

So if I want my forehand to be faster what color should I get? Would you guys recommend a DHS hurricane as well? Thank you so much for the replies, table tennis equipment is really complex!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

So if I want my forehand to be faster what color should I get? Would you guys recommend a DHS hurricane as well? Thank you so much for the replies, table tennis equipment is really complex!

Red's fastest, Yellow middle, Blue is slowest and more control.

DHS Hurricane 3 is suitable for beginners and above, it requires more work but can be rewarding in the longer run.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

If you want your forehand to be faster, you need to work on the technique, get lower, start from recognizing how your right foot (right-hander) pushes the ground, then how this propagates to make the leg, hips and body rotate, and the arm flies only as a secondary by-product. If your FH is then still not fast enough, you need either faster rubber or blade - but in my opinion, very few people are on such level. For example, Lin Yun Ju - he is on such level, he is not really muscular, has god's hand and needed faster blade.

I think the AK47 Red is worth trying on FH, it's cheap, and will give you a lot of info for the money. With the H3 - it's not that I am recommending you to switch and play with this rubber. I mean that it's really worth trying (like a different world), so that you yourself then recognize whether you like it or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
IS there a UK retailer of AK47? I'd like to buy light rubber for my son but don't fancy AliExpress. If that's the only option anyone recommend an Ali shop?

I had good experience with Playa PingPongStore and Chinese PingPong, and with Ali Battleship.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Thank you guys! Do I have to boost these rubbers? If so is there a thread where someone teaches how to do it? Do you think it’s advisable?