Victas Triple Double Extra & Triple Extra Rubbers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I received the sheets of Triple Extra (TE)& Triple Double Extra (TD) yesterday afternoon along with a Donic Appelgren Dotec Control blade.
These were glued on rapido ready for my 2nd training session with the coach!!
Classic Victas styling on the packaging!! Once inside, the rubbers looked of very good quality.
Now these rubbers are different to each other in 2 respects -
both have different sponge hardnesses - on inspection, bubbles are very small and hardly visible.
both have different top sheets. Both top sheets feel nice and springy.

Starting with the TE

Sponge hardness is 55 degrees, packaging quotes ‘ EXTRA STICKY Chinese top sheet & newly developed compact and hard sponge’
sponge colour is black for the TE.
Un-cut sheet weighed in at 71 grams ( with the film still on )

TD

Sponge hardness is 57.5 degrees, packaging quotes ‘ ULTRA-STICKY Chinese top sheet & newly developed compact compact and hard sponge’
sponge colour is blue for the TD
Un-cut sheet weighed in at 74 grams ( with the film still on)

Both rubbers were glued on using Revolution No3 glue, 3 layers on the rubber, 2 on the blade. Removing the protective film is just the best!!! 😆
A quick Tackiness test showed that the TE held the ball for around 1/2 a second to 1 second, slightly disappointing, the TD on the other hand was ‘proper’ tacky, when Victas used the term ‘ULTRA STICKY’ they meant it, 1st go the ball held for at least 15 seconds, it just didn’t want to fall back down!! As good if not better than a new sheet of H3 Neo!!!!! 😎🤮 ( as my kids like to say ‘it was sick’ !!! )

Bounce test (without film) showed the TE to have about, give or take 7 - 8 bounces until the ball stopped bouncing, TD 4 - 6 bounces, which was more than I was expecting considering how tacky the top sheet is. Same test with film in place, TE and TD both in the range of 8 - 9 bounces.

At the training session

1 hr session, ( previous session I used the Tau 2 / Primorac ) session was split FH / BH topspin, Top spin open ups v backspin, pushing ( irregular ), back spin short serve and 3rd ball attack / loop kill (to long push return irregular placement) play out the point.
Dotec blade required some minor stroke adjustment on BH, after a few BH rallies i was fine.
Both rubbers performed really well, good spin and control, didn’t feel ‘hard’ or ‘dead’, faster than the Tau 2, slightly higher throw than Tau 2, but not by much. Placement of shots was good, forward kick was better with the TD, which was probably due to the extra tackiness. I got on well with both of these rubbers.
Open up v backspin, some loaded slow balls, I was less consistent than the last session, but was slightly more tired as we did this later in the session, throw was a little higher than Tau 2, TD higher than TE, maybe medium throw, depends on the player to some extent!!
Short game pushing was very good, similar to Tau 2 and H3Neo, excellent!! Great spin again, maybe more unforced errors by the coach compared to the previous session, but not by many !!

short backspin serve and 3rd ball attack v long backspin push (irregular) return. FH - more finishes down to speed than Tau 2 previously. Placement was also good, but I seemed to be able to be slightly more accurate with the Tau 2. BH - was ok, but this is mainly down to my inconsistencies rather than the rubber!!

Overall these are both very nice rubbers, I enjoyed playing with both of them. The Triple Double Extra is a stand out rubber regarding its level of TACKINESS, and its not that slow considering.
Comparing to H3Neo boosted, speed is similar, spin there or abouts, short game just as good. Sometime I’ll try boosting it, but for now I’ll use it as per ‘straight out of the pack’
TE is slightly quicker than the TD. Spin levels are pretty similar, control great. Very good rubbers. I found them easy to use, but I’m use to playing with this type of rubber!! More choice !! All good !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Music&Ping;345059 said:
Excellent question: if it is as soft as the Dignics 09C while being tackier, it will be an absolute favorite to me either. I guess I'll buy a sheet too and compare with the D09C as soon as the TT halls will re-open in our country.
Hi,
When I initially tested the sheets, just by pinching, thumb & forefinger, both sheets felt pretty similar!!!! (TD & TE) Similar when they were glued on the blade. The ‘springiness’ I mentioned in the review, is more likely to be the softness of the top sheet rather than the sponge. But ‘pinching’ is definitely not scientific!!!!
I gave 2 sheets of D09C to a club mate (he now loves D09C on his all wood primorac!!) so I can’t compare them directly.
From memory, I would say TD has a slightly softer top sheet, listed sponge hardness for both D09C and TD are pretty close to each other, although the sponges are ‘chalk and cheese’
D09C way more bouncy. When looping with D09C I never ‘felt’ like I was getting much feedback regarding ‘dwell’, the ball just doesn’t ‘hang’ around long enough !! This doesn’t mean the top sheet isn’t soft though.
I definitely think that TD has a ‘softer’ feeling when looping.
So actual ‘measured’ hardness compared to what you ‘feel’ may not be the same!!
Having said that, I reckon TD’s rubber top sheet is likely to be softer than D09C’s, by how much ????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Well I couldn't resist, I bought a sheet of TD and a sheet of Tau 2. Review during the next month I guess...

It's spreading, the hybrid virus, dangerously quick. But I'm immune. My vaccine is H3. Works quadruple triple mega-extra, when boosted.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
It's spreading, the hybrid virus, dangerously quick. But I'm immune. My vaccine is H3. Works quadruple triple mega-extra, when boosted.
Yeah !!!

But what happens when you boost a rubber with ‘hybrid’ characteristics???????

Anyone out there tried??????
ummm maybe I should .......... give it a go!!! Ha ha I’d rather boost the tackiness !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Yeah !!!

But what happens when you boost a rubber with ‘hybrid’ characteristics???????

Anyone out there tried??????
ummm maybe I should .......... give it a go!!! Ha ha I’d rather boost the tackiness !!!

So... I’ve been playing with D09C FH and RZ BH for 9-10 months. Decided to boost a while back on rather fresh sheets (2 months old) with 2 quite generous layers of Falco. For me at least it has been very positive. The rubbers are a bit more bouncy which can be felt when playing short but mainly works to make it easier to loop backspin. The feel is softer,
mushier maybe but I do think I’ll keep boosting my hybrids.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Update on the TE and TD rubbers.

1 week on and I’ve been using the set up solely for serve and robot practice at home with a bonus training session tonight with our coach, one of the lads dropped out last minute, I was offered the slot and snapped up the chance!!!
Next week England takes another step in easing the lockdown restrictions and a weekly training sessions is back on with 5 tables in use. YIPPEE!! It will be great to see the other regulars again!!

So back to how the rubbers have been playing under my mediocre control !!

Yesterday I re-checked the rubbers for tackiness,
TD - 20+ seconds 1st try, I ended up shaking the ball off!! a few more tries were similar, with some others lasting 7 - 10 seconds, nice!!
TE - 1/2 a second to 1 second, with a couple over 2 seconds
No real change or decrease in tackiness over a 7 day period, with at least 10 hours of use, more like 15hrs.

performance during this weeks training session.

TD used on FH, TE on BH
FH topspin (brushing) really good, high spin, good control, fast enough especially when I got a brush drive right, low trajectory with good spin and dip.
Flatter hits are less controlled, some brushing is needed, but this is typical of tacky rubbers
BH topspin, very nice, good spin and speed.
Blocks during open play after the set routine ended were controlled and stable.
Topspin v backspin FH & BH, TE has a slightly higher throw, but both rubbers produced very high spin levels, my coach struggled a few times with the ball flying long on his returns, he commented a number of times that the spin levels were extremely good.(We did some set routines and some ‘irregular’ ones - short backspin serve with long push return anywhere)

For the last part of the session, I asked to do some serve and receive practice. During lockdown I have taught myself reverse pendulum, hook/jab serve and improved my pendulum serve. Practice at home without the ball being received is one thing, so I needed to see how he got on receiving the serves. Open play match style!!

Spin levels were very good with both rubbers, control was good. Due to the high spin capabilities of these rubbers, you have a larger ‘scale for spin variation’, this is always a good attribute for a rubber to have!!

Overall, these rubbers are very good, the TD on FH is definitely a H3 rival, personally I think there’s nothing between the spin levels of H3 and TD, Control on short game is similar, overall speed TD is quicker, not loads quicker, but easier to produce the speed. AGAIN PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS THE THOUGHTS OF AN AVERAGE CLUB PLAYER. Having said that, if you like unboosted H3/H3Neo you really should get on well with this rubber!!!

I haven’t tried boosting these rubbers and are unlikely to, so I’m not sure how the sponge will respond. If it responds well then once again it will be a good rival to boosted H3 /H3Neo including the provincial versions.

TE is not as close to H3 etc, the tackiness isn’t up there and it’s more lively, although more restrained compared to Rakza Z , the throw is not as high as RZ which may be preferred by some players. Spin levels are still high, control in short game is good, blocking is good etc I found this rubber to be very playable on my BH.

Tau 2, TD, TE, RZ are all very good rubbers I’d be happy to use any of them!!
Away from the table RZ is easier to play with as the sponge has better catapult characteristics. You have to work harder away from the table with Tau 2, TD and H3/H3Neo.
I’m going to continue to use the TD/TE set up over the next few weeks to get a really good feel for these rubbers.

Last edited:
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
This week played for 2hrs at the training session, 5 tables, 10 players getting back towards how things were before lockdowns kicked in, great to see everyone again!!
less formal training this week, 1st hour was FH/BH topspin loop, serve and return, open up v backspin, away from the table looping / counter top spin with some defensive 'fishing' thrown in for good measure!!! (all irregular, so feeder/blocker could put the ball where they wanted to)
once again tackiness levels have remained unchanged, and close to table play was controlled , spin levels good etc, the main difference was the away from table play, much more effort required to get the ball back, the low throw angle also meant I had to adapt technique, which I found difficult at first.

2nd hour was match play, generally happy with the TE/TD set up, my playing partner usually plays a division higher than myself and he has been moved up a division because he played well last season with around a 80% win average so maybe 2 division difference.
Started off with the TE/TD set up and lost the first 2 games to 9 and 10, so pretty close!! then I swapped over to the R48 BH and Rakza Z FH set up on the same blade, I won the next 4 games but they were all close, 2 setting to at least 13 - 15!!!, when pushed away from the table, I found it much easier to play better top spins / drives from mid to long distance and picked up more points than with the TE/TD set up.
Also the slightly quicker speed helped close to the table, consistency at close range was similar to TE/TD set up, pushing / blocking as good as TE/TD, R48 BH was more bouncy but I adapted quickly.
Overall, I would say that I performed slightly better with the R48 / Rakza Z set up, but only marginally, the extra ease / consistency and therefore confidence I had away from the table won me a few crucial points on the night!!!!

More of the same next week at training!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020

So... I’ve been playing with D09C FH and RZ BH for 9-10 months. Decided to boost a while back on rather fresh sheets (2 months old) with 2 quite generous layers of Falco. For me at least it has been very positive. The rubbers are a bit more bouncy which can be felt when playing short but mainly works to make it easier to loop backspin. The feel is softer,
mushier maybe but I do think I’ll keep boosting my hybrids.

I boosted RZ BH 2 months old as well. 2gr Falco (1 layer on H3 would be 1.5gr or less). Felt softer and much much better. Same for me. For sure I’ll keep boosting hybrids.

Regardless, Hybrids and H3 feel quite far different. (I have H3 on FH).

Reactions: IB66 and Antonlan
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
Pretty interesting. Another 'made in china' rubber aside from Stiga Genesis series (don't know about other brands though 😂😂😂), and ESN 57.5, seems to be good alternative to Hurricane 3 Neo 😍😍😍 or perhaps, a 'play-thing' when boredom of always using the same rubber strikes. I sometimes got a little bit of curiosity when non chinese brands release rubbers which is introduced as 'hard', 'sticky', 'made in china' 🙊🙊🙊

Regarding sponge hardness, how is it compared to Hurricane 3 Neo?