Some new and some untried Chinese rubbers (Kokutaku, Yinhe, Globe 999)

Yinhe Big Dipper 4

9tKjLUV.jpg

9dvYb9v.jpg

vM6MfLC.jpg

JR7Gdwb.jpg

Weight: 65-67 gms
Speed: Off
Hardness: 38 degrees

This is an improved version of the Big Dipper wherein it has the same topsheet but it has a different sponge with an improved performance. This is
a different rubber overall because the sponge is a different one. It has different characteristics compared to the Big Dipper 1 which for me was very slow due to a different and older sponge back then . The sponge looked like those of DHS orange sponged rubbers wherein the cut from the machine would let you think that it looks like a Hurricane 3 orange sponge. The rubber is very bouncy even without boosting. It is faster than the H3 neo but spins less. It also has a higher arc before boosting. When boosted it is as fast as an Acuda S2.

Yinhe Jupiter 3

O90uLS8.jpg

W0XFARA.jpg

iTcUa54.jpg

Weight: 68 grams
Hardness: 38-39 degrees

This was given to me by a friend of mine who suggested I try this because according to him he liked this. This has a different sponge from the Jupiter 2 which I tried a few year back in which this is a faster rubber due to the change in sponge. This is faster than the Big Dipper 4 but with a lower throw. Also, I like this better than the Big Dipper 4 since this bites the ball better. This is a little bit better middle distance compared to the
Big Dipper 4 also. The Big Dipper 4 for me is only limited to close to the table distance.

Globe 999 National (black sponge)

8hfIb1O.jpg

gijGtu3.jpg

Of5OqpE.jpg

Weight: 67 grams (38), 69 grams (39), 40 degrees (40)
Speed: Off-
Hardness: 38, 39, 40 degrees

Well what do you know? there is really an updated version of Globe 999 National. No, they did not just color the sponge black.
It has the same topsheet but the sponge is more absorbent of boosters. The 38 degrees blue sponge of before seem to absorb
booster slower compared to the new one. Also, I have noticed that the 38 degree version with black sponge is much softer compared
with its old counterpart. This is with the same number of boost layers and also the kind of booster I used. The new version has a lower arc
compared to each of the 3 different hardness counterparts. So far, I have noticed you need to give the rubbers a few days to break in. I did
made adjustments on the arc unlike before the 38 degrees was my favorite but not is seemed too soft for me and the arc was kinda low despite being soft with boosters. The 40 degree was much better and also hits better. I would suggest maybe the 39 or 40 for most people.

Kokutaku 007 Pro

KBNf9S2.jpg

xMTescM.jpg

rDVESCn.jpg

BpLWiIT.jpg

Weight: 58 grams uncut
Speed: Off- to Off
Type: Chinese/Tacky

This is a reformulated 007 rubber but with added grippiness or tackiness of the topsheet aside from the new sponge specially chosen by the designer
This was given to me by forum member and friend Achoomai as he is a distributor of Kokutaku in Thailand and also the owner of PingpongHouse Store. This rubber is very soft and even at 38 degrees it feels softer like 37 or 36 degrees. The topsheet is the standard 007 topsheet but with a selected and improved sponge. The topsheet is tacky and sticky which I caution people to always clean this and place a plastic cover after cleaning it as it is prone to gathering dust but this is not a problem that I really see. The topsheet is kinda soft also and you can feel the softness the moment you press your fingers against it. The sponge is porous as you can see in the pic and feels very soft. It feels softer than a Big Dipper that has 38 degrees hardness.

I tested this both as an unboosted and boosted rubber. I think I told Achoomai a few times how apprehensive I was with the softness because I have always been a hard Chinese type user in the FH with some ESN rubbers as exceptions. He told me to just give it a try and off I did. Unboosted, the 007 Pro feels like a faster but soft Chinese rubber. It is like a faster Sanwei Taiji but spinnier. At first day of testing, I was not so impressed by it because maybe it feels "Mehhh" but I had to give it some break in time just for the rubber's characteristics. Do not get me wrong. Unboosted, the rubber shows promise and good playing characteristics but if you have been used to playing with boosted rubber you would be forced to really boost it. It was on the 3rd day of playing with it that I noticed some changes and the rubber felt a little better when doing loop drives and spinny loops. The loops are very spinny probably almost near the level of Hurricane 3 unboosted. I had to adjust because of the softness and I had to dig into the sponge to spin better. The arc was medium unboosted.

When I boosted the 007 Pro, this is the time that things get interesting. I boosted it with 2 layers of my homemade oil based booster with paraffin mix. The rubber became very bouncy. In fact, it felt like a tacky Rakza 7 soft or a tacky Acuda S3. It felt like a soft ESN rubber in general. The 007 Pro was already bouncy before I boosted it and it was faster than the regular H3 unboosted. When boosted, the 007 Pro feels like a very bouncy ESN rubber. The arc became higher and the trajectory became a bit longer that you can still do hard strokes middle distance from the table easily. It is very spinny now if you engage the sponge more because of the softness of the topsheet and sponge. I give credit to the sponge for absorbing much booster especially that it is soft and also has large pores. For a 20USD rubber, you could get a soft ESN-like rubber that is very spinny and also bouncy.

Other good things about the 007 Pro are: good serving spin, good in spinny pushes and also can block well but you need some adjustments with the angle as this is a bit sensitive to incoming spin due to its tackiness and softness. I will be testing the 40 degree version over the weekend as I insited on Achoomai that the 40 degree version would be better for advanced players and also people who like Hurricane 3. This is my favorite rubber out of the newer ones I have tested.

Note: Check what is the trend among the Chinese rubbers mentioned above. They have the same topsheet but the sponge was changed or improved to give the rubber better performance. Yes, they have the same ITTF serial number but they are different rubbers overall compared to their original counterparts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Just checked and the black sponge one that you mentioned is not listed on their site. They are just selling the same national version that ttnpp have been selling for many years.

Yinhe Jupiter 3

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

This was given to me by a friend of mine who suggested I try this because according to him he liked this. This has a different sponge from the Jupiter 2 which I tried a few year back in which this is a faster rubber due to the change in sponge. This is faster than the Big Dipper 4 but with a lower throw. Also, I like this better than the Big Dipper 4 since this bites the ball better. This is a little bit better middle distance compared to the
Big Dipper 4 also. The Big Dipper 4 for me is only limited to close to the table distance.

This Jupiter 3 looks really similar with WRM & Takgu version of Jupiter. Can you confirm if they're the same? and where to get this rubber? https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?18622-Yinhe-Jupiter-2-Blue-Sponge

Big dipper 4 has less spin compared to battle 2.

I only tried Jupiter 2 a long time ago for a short. Time so i cannot say exactly except the new one is faster. They have the same topsheet but the sponge is kinda different. Prott sells jupiter 3.

This user has no status.
Big dipper 4 has less spin compared to battle 2.

I only tried Jupiter 2 a long time ago for a short. Time so i cannot say exactly except the new one is faster. They have the same topsheet but the sponge is kinda different. Prott sells jupiter 3.

What is different with old version Big dipper ? speed? spin? tackiness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Yinhe Big Dipper 4

9tKjLUV.jpg

9dvYb9v.jpg

vM6MfLC.jpg

JR7Gdwb.jpg

This is an improved version of the Big Dipper wherein it has the same topsheet but it has a different sponge with an improved performance. This is
a different rubber overall because the sponge is a different one. It has different characteristics compared to the Big Dipper 1 which for me was very slow due to a different and older sponge back then . The sponge looked like those of DHS orange sponged rubbers wherein the cut from the machine would let you think that it looks like a Hurricane 3 orange sponge. The rubber is very bouncy even without boosting. It is faster than the H3 neo but spins less. It also has a higher arc before boosting. When boosted it is as fast as an Acuda S2.

Yinhe Jupiter 3

O90uLS8.jpg

W0XFARA.jpg

iTcUa54.jpg

8hfIb1O.jpg

gijGtu3.jpg

Of5OqpE.jpg

Well what do you know? there is really an updated version of Globe 999 National. No, they did not just color the sponge black.
It has the same topsheet but the sponge is more absorbent of boosters. The 38 degrees blue sponge of before seem to absorb
booster slower compared to the new one. Also, I have noticed that the 38 degree version with black sponge is much softer compared
with its old counterpart. This is with the same number of boost layers and also the kind of booster I used. The new version has a lower arc
compared to each of the 3 different hardness counterparts. So far, I have noticed you need to give the rubbers a few days to break in. I did
made adjustments on the arc unlike before the 38 degrees was my favorite but not is seemed too soft for me and the arc was kinda low despite being soft with boosters. The 40 degree was much better and also hits better. I would suggest maybe the 39 or 40 for most people.

Kokutaku 007 Pro

KBNf9S2.jpg

xMTescM.jpg

rDVESCn.jpg

BpLWiIT.jpg

This is a reformulated 007 rubber but with added grippiness or tackiness of the topsheet aside from the new sponge specially chosen by the designer
This was given to me by forum member and friend Achoomai as he is a distributor of Kokutaku in Thailand and also the owner of PingpongHouse Store. This rubber is very soft and even at 38 degrees it feels softer like 37 or 36 degrees. The topsheet is the standard 007 topsheet but with a selected and improved sponge. The topsheet is tacky and sticky which I caution people to always clean this and place a plastic cover after cleaning it as it is prone to gathering dust but this is not a problem that I really see. The topsheet is kinda soft also and you can feel the softness the moment you press your fingers against it. The sponge is porous as you can see in the pic and feels very soft. It feels softer than a Big Dipper that has 38 degrees hardness.

I tested this both as an unboosted and boosted rubber. I think I told Achoomai a few times how apprehensive I was with the softness because I have always been a hard Chinese type user in the FH with some ESN rubbers as exceptions. He told me to just give it a try and off I did. Unboosted, the 007 Pro feels like a faster but soft Chinese rubber. It is like a faster Sanwei Taiji but spinnier. At first day of testing, I was not so impressed by it because maybe it feels "Mehhh" but I had to give it some break in time just for the rubber's characteristics. Do not get me wrong. Unboosted, the rubber shows promise and good playing characteristics but if you have been used to playing with boosted rubber you would be forced to really boost it. It was on the 3rd day of playing with it that I noticed some changes and the rubber felt a little better when doing loop drives and spinny loops. The loops are very spinny probably almost near the level of Hurricane 3 unboosted. I had to adjust because of the softness and I had to dig into the sponge to spin better. The arc was medium unboosted.

When I boosted the 007 Pro, this is the time that things get interesting. I boosted it with 2 layers of my homemade oil based booster with paraffin mix. The rubber became very bouncy. In fact, it felt like a tacky Rakza 7 soft or a tacky Acuda S3. It felt like a soft ESN rubber in general. The 007 Pro was already bouncy before I boosted it and it was faster than the regular H3 unboosted. When boosted, the 007 Pro feels like a very bouncy ESN rubber. The arc became higher and the trajectory became a bit longer that you can still do hard strokes middle distance from the table easily. It is very spinny now if you engage the sponge more because of the softness of the topsheet and sponge. I give credit to the sponge for absorbing much booster especially that it is soft and also has large pores. For a 20USD rubber, you could get a soft ESN-like rubber that is very spinny and also bouncy.

Other good things about the 007 Pro are: good serving spin, good in spinny pushes and also can block well but you need some adjustments with the angle as this is a bit sensitive to incoming spin due to its tackiness and softness. I will be testing the 40 degree version over the weekend as I insited on Achoomai that the 40 degree version would be better for advanced players and also people who like Hurricane 3. This is my favorite rubber out of the newer ones I have tested.

Note: Check what is the trend among the Chinese rubbers mentioned above. They have the same topsheet but the sponge was changed or improved to give the rubber better performance. Yes, they have the same ITTF serial number but they are different rubbers overall compared to their original counterparts.

Just wondering if the described Kokutaku 007 Pro rubber is the same as offered here: https://www.spinfactory.de/tischtennis-belaege/kokutaku-tuple-007-tension-tacky.html?___store=en

It's a different Packaging but shares the same name except it's not called "Pro" but "Tuple". Wasn't able to find the same package as in your photos also on aliexpress...so I guess they have changed the packaging or is it really a completely different version that is just not available at the moment?

Just wondering if the described Kokutaku 007 Pro rubber is the same as offered here: https://www.spinfactory.de/tischtennis-belaege/kokutaku-tuple-007-tension-tacky.html?___store=en

It's a different Packaging but shares the same name except it's not called "Pro" but "Tuple". Wasn't able to find the same package as in your photos also on aliexpress...so I guess they have changed the packaging or is it really a completely different version that is just not available at the moment?
I noticed the same thing when You posted this. It seems like Yogi has tested fakes. 😱

Cheers
L-zr

I noticed the same thing when You posted this. It seems like Yogi has tested fakes. 😱

Cheers
L-zr

Hell no! The 007 Pro I tested was under Achoomai's shop and he was licensed to exclusively distribute it with a specialized sponge.

Hell no! The 007 Pro I tested was under Achoomai's shop and he was licensed to exclusively distribute it with a specialized sponge.

I’ve heard of Tulpe table tennis products manufactured by Kokutaku, but never Tuple... That is a red flag to me...

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yinhe Big Dipper 4

9tKjLUV.jpg

9dvYb9v.jpg

vM6MfLC.jpg

JR7Gdwb.jpg

Yinhe Jupiter 3

O90uLS8.jpg

W0XFARA.jpg

iTcUa54.jpg

8hfIb1O.jpg

gijGtu3.jpg

Of5OqpE.jpg

Kokutaku 007 Pro

KBNf9S2.jpg

xMTescM.jpg

rDVESCn.jpg

BpLWiIT.jpg

I tried the Big Dipper IV 38 deg about a year ago, and I found it to be a disappointment really. Same number on the top sheet as Big Dipper, but the sponge was a slower one. My training partner thought he turned pro over night :) It was slower, the sponge was not pre-glued, so something different about this one. The only thing that was better was control, mainly because of the slower sponge I guess. Strange that it can vary between rubbers like this...

So the red Version as posted in the Link above is basically the same version of the one you tested (38 degree) just with a new package design?

You missed my point. I said same topsheet different sponge aside from the packaging.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Yinhe Big Dipper 4

9tKjLUV.jpg

9dvYb9v.jpg

vM6MfLC.jpg

JR7Gdwb.jpg

Yinhe Jupiter 3

O90uLS8.jpg

W0XFARA.jpg

iTcUa54.jpg

8hfIb1O.jpg

gijGtu3.jpg

Of5OqpE.jpg

Kokutaku 007 Pro

KBNf9S2.jpg

xMTescM.jpg

rDVESCn.jpg

BpLWiIT.jpg

from the 4Â reviews above
which one do you recommend the most?

Last edited: