tibhar evolution mx-p and tenergy with poly balls

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Most rubbers work okay with the Poly ball. Tenergy works fine with the Poly ball. It takes a bit of adjustment but it works fine. MX-P was designed for the Poly ball ball so it doesn't take as much adjustment but some people feel that Tenergy works just as well for the Poly ball as any of the stuff designed specifically for the Poly ball.

I like MX-P a bit better for the Poly ball. But Tenergy is still one of the best rubbers on the market.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
The rubber seems to interact with the balls the same way. All polyballs play a little differently from celluloid.

I think the new balls cause faster wear on all rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Most rubbers work okay with the Poly ball. Tenergy works fine with the Poly ball. It takes a bit of adjustment but it works fine. MX-P was designed for the Poly ball ball so it doesn't take as much adjustment but some people feel that Tenergy works just as well for the Poly ball as any of the stuff designed specifically for the Poly ball.

I like MX-P a bit better for the Poly ball. But Tenergy is still one of the best rubbers on the market.

MX-P has been around since 2012. Why do you say it was made for the Polyball?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MX-P has been around since 2012. Why do you say it was made for the Polyball?

Oh. I guess I thought it was.

When did they present the idea of changing to poly ball? I thought the original start date for the poly ball was supposed to be after the 2012 Olympics which means TT companies knew what was coming from well before that.

And the start date got postponed till July 2014 because of R&D snafus in companies trying to design the balls.

But none of that means MX-P was designed for the Poly ball. It grabs plastic pretty well and different than most rubber. So I thought it was. But I may have just made an incorrect assumption. I guess part of why I thought that was the P and not thinking too much about it.

This user has no status.
Thanks..

In which aspects Mx-p is better ?
I've found that with a poly ball you can produce more spin and power with mx-p than tenergy however if you are willing to wait a wee while butterfly are meant to be releasing a Tenergy designed for the poly ball. It's really all about preference I enjoyed playing with both, I would say Evolution is definitely worth a try and a lot cheaper than Tenergy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jin

This user has no status.

jin

This user has no status.
Sep 2015
I've found that with a poly ball you can produce more spin and power with mx-p than tenergy however if you are willing to wait a wee while butterfly are meant to be releasing a Tenergy designed for the poly ball. It's really all about preference I enjoyed playing with both, I would say Evolution is definitely worth a try and a lot cheaper than Tenergy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wait to see

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks...
I was going to replace my hurricane 3 neo by evolution mx-P for forhand. I thought new rubbers which have been specially designed for poly balls would be bettet than the old ones. I dont know whether the top players have changed their rubbers cause of new balls or not.
Dhs have one specific rubber to poly balls, why don't you try?
I think it's a hurricane 8

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jin