Oshima Vs Harimoto 4:3

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
And won with a better match plan in the team event against him. He will learn from it and to be honest this match wasn't that important for him because there are no world ranking points and he will get lots of chances to win the nationals in next few years. He is clearly the best japanese player right now based on the world tour and T.League, sometimes the best player don't win the nationals.

Not really. You don't need a counter game plan for that. If you've followed the scene long enough, you'd notice that South Korean players are among the streakiest, yet have produced many if not the most powerful upsets in memory. Many of them share one common trait - high risk, high reward all-out step-around. Notable players from other countries are Gatien at WTTC 1993, Schlager at WTTC 2003 and Aruna at World Cup 2014 and Rio Olympics. Fang Bo at WTTC 2015 is another. The catch here is the high demand on form and stamina. That's why you see these players deviate a lot. But when that condition is met, this tactical style is the most disruptive. Coupled with the intense pressure, it's very hard to deal with and recover from.

Now the problem is you can never be certain when it'll be coming ahead of time. In the same manner, the player who chooses to play like this will also find it hard to get started. Ito is the latest example.

Take note how Boll started turning the corner much more from the 2nd game on.

This user has no status.
Not really. You don't need a counter game plan for that. If you've followed the scene long enough, you'd notice that South Korean players are among the streakiest, yet have produced many if not the most powerful upsets in memory. Many of them share one common trait - high risk, high reward all-out step-around. Notable players from other countries are Gatien at WTTC 1993, Schlager at WTTC 2003 and Aruna at World Cup 2014 and Rio Olympics. Fang Bo at WTTC 2015 is another. The catch here is the high demand on form and stamina. That's why you see these players deviate a lot. But when that condition is met, this tactical style is the most disruptive. Coupled with the intense pressure, it's very hard to deal with and recover from.

Now the problem is you can never be certain when it'll be coming ahead of time. In the same manner, the player who chooses to play like this will also find it hard to get started. Ito is the latest example.

So true... I remember Calderano taking so many risky shots against FZD back in December, because he realized he had no chance against FZD by playing safe. Last week, when he played Wang Chuqin, Calderano was much more conservative, because he didn't think he needed to take as much risks against WCQ.

I guess the moral of the story is, if a non-Chinese player plays against a Chinese A team member, he/she should try to execute more risky shots for a small chance of victory. The alternative would be to play safe and have no chance of victory.

So true... I remember Calderano taking so many risky shots against FZD back in December, because he realized he had no chance against FZD by playing safe. Last week, when he played Wang Chuqin, Calderano was much more conservative, because he didn't think he needed to take as much risks against WCQ.

I guess the moral of the story is, if a non-Chinese player plays against a Chinese A team member, he/she should try to execute more risky shots for a small chance of victory. The alternative would be to play safe and have no chance of victory.

It may e just my feeling, but the current Xiom rubbers of Calderano are not designed for a safety play. Since Omega V and epecially in Omega VII the Asia and Tour do need a very aggressive style, sometimes, when I play with a lower level player, I call it "humiliation mode" and in such cases I just change my setup.
So my assumption is that if Calderano wants to keep the Xiom team, he has to keep to the most aggressive strategy. He has the nerve for that, just need some more confidence and constance.