Long pimples ? Modified / boosted ?

says Innerforce blades are sold! Im sorry. How about the...
Oct 2020
Hey folks!

Could need some advise.

A clubmate has an awesome FH techn. but his backhand is really suck..
hes planning to switch to long pimples on BH.

He said that there are ways to "manipulate" the rubber..

Has anyone of you ever heard something about this ?
Which long pimple to buy ?

Thanks alot :)

Oct 2020
I am completely new to the LP´s..
I think most people play with sponge ?
The main target is, I think, a higher friction ?

And yea, classic defender ( modern) is what hes aiming to do.
Like Ruwen Filus playstyle.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
TSP P1-R 1mm if you play a lot of far away of the table, if you play close or mide-distance of the table I woul recommend OX because the backspin will be stronger & the control better but you have to put some effort if you play long distance. Once tried the sponge you can go lower or higher.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am completely new to the LP´s..
I think most people play with sponge ?
The main target is, I think, a higher friction ?

And yea, classic defender ( modern) is what hes aiming to do.
Like Ruwen Filus playstyle.

Well, if you think the target with LP or even with modifying LP is higher friction, then I think the most important statement you have made is: "I am completely new to the LP´s.." :)

The ways I have heard of people modifying LP is to leave it out in the sun, or put in the microwave to make them have less friction and more anti-effect.

Maybe someone can explain the uses and effects created by LP for the OP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
If playing close to the table then use 0X if you want to passively push.
Search YouTube for PushBlocker or Olivier Mader for examples of push blocking at the table.
This style changes TT. It is a challenge for the push blocker to impose his style on the attacker.

If you are one of those "If it does die I am going to kill it" types then push blocking isn't for you. You must have patience and just concentrate on keeping the ball low and long if you can't double bounce the ball.

Get thicker sponges if you want to hit but hitting with long pip is tricky because you can't put much spin on the ball. There will be balls that you hit that seem to float long. Push blocking with long pips takes mental discipline to just keep the ball in play and wait for the opponent to screw up.

Chopping requires agility and speed as well as patience to wait for a mistake only now you must attack balls that are hit back too conservatively.

It is handy to learn how to twiddle if you aren't fast enough to move so you can hit with your FH.

I have played with all sorts of long pips. I get better back spin on chops with inverted but chopping with inverted requires paying more attention to incoming spin.

PR-1 is good for chopping. I have PR 1 1.4mm.
Air UPUPUPUP, Giant Dragon Talon and Palio CK531a are good for push blocking. You want to put them on a sitff blade that isn't too fast.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is how some Jokers modify LPs... with UV light. Not a bad idea, makes the rubber really sanitary... and in these dayz of Corona, kinda desirable, right?

UV1.jpg

So, I guess LP players are getting a little help from their UV friends.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
CHAMPION GRADE RUBBER.
Ito MIMA expressed her best wishes to give a try to DHS-652 (24-031), the newest batch of DHS short-large pimples designed purposely for the champion's play. Be sure you pick up the updated rubber version, the ITTF number moulded onto the bottom of text area.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is how some Jokers modify LPs... with UV light. Not a bad idea, makes the rubber really sanitary... and in these dayz of Corona, kinda desirable, right?...
Too much equipment.
I put a sheet of 755 OX in the back window of my car. When I park my car at work it faces north. When you start to smell the rubber you know it is done. I left the 755 0X in the back window for too long. The pips were too brittle. There was plenty of spin "reversal" but the pips soon broke because they were too brittle.

If you want spin reversal I would suggest "friction-less" anti. The top sheets have little friction for best spin "reversal" but they also have a sponge that is good for absorbing energy of hard hit loops. Too many times the looper have hit balls as my 0X LP and the ball just rockets back out of control because there is no sponge to absorb the energy. It is nice to some sponge do dampen that. I would imagine the really good push blockers pull back their paddle a bit to reduce the impact speed like a base ball catcher does when catching fast balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
I'm a push-blocker close to the table, I use loose grip & yes if the loop is strong I pull back the paddle like when I played inverted blocking strong loops, is the only way to dampen the speed also important the angle of paddle. Is not easy to play with LP OX what when you know what have to do you really enjoy the game, it's a challenge for me to play well with LP OX. People think it's easy to play with LP OX what when no covid I left my paddle to try and all this people now knows it's not easy & needs a lot of technique to play well.

Last edited: