Stiga infinity vps weight balance

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have several Infinity Carbon... they did not feel terrible head heavy like some other Stiga blades I tried... guess I goota get a pic as Carl requested before mutant ninja sewer rats visit my secret trap house.

Infinity Carbon? He is asking about Infinity VPS.

I am sure the goon squad can help you take the photo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Here a Stiga infinity vps, legend handle. Both sides 2.0, I think, Xiom Vega Pro. 20201017_223738.jpg

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
3ff0ef2fb4ef03d730d1ffddf16603f1.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For reference, here is my weapon of choice. This is the OSP Virtuoso Plus with Rasanter R 48 on both sides. As you can see from the photos below, it is a little head heavy.

cache.php

cache.php

Show some photos of how some different Infinities balance. And then people can judge for themselves.

Here a Stiga infinity vps, legend handle. Both sides 2.0, I think, Xiom Vega Pro.View attachment 22304

cache.php

Yeah. Thanks Phorkyas. So, that shows the balance point is not too far from the center of the head. That is head heavy. Not too different than where the balance point on my V+ is.

I am good with a blade with that balance. But, if it was center balanced the index finger would be about half way between where that index finger is and the edge of the rubber. And if it was handle heavy, the index finger would be just about at the edge of the rubber.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yeah. Thanks Phorkyas. So, that shows the balance point is not too far from the center of the head. That is head heavy. Not too different than where the balance point on my V+ is.

I am good with a blade with that balance. But, if it was center balanced the index finger would be about half way between where that index finger is and the edge of the rubber. And if it was handle heavy, the index finger would be just about at the edge of the rubber.
I've read here several times about that handle filling procedure. But honestly till know I haven't given the balance of the blade much thought. Just fell in love with it the first time I played it: that crisp, direct feeling in blocks and all in all not too fast for a mediocre amateur like me. - tried a Ligna off against it, which I somehow disliked, so mushy feeling. Maybe next time I try more stuff, but I try not to EJ and instead stick to a simple setup. Get the most out of it (once I get rid of my crutches that is)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I've read here several times about that handle filling procedure. But honestly till know I haven't given the balance of the blade much thought. Just fell in love with it the first time I played it: that crisp, direct feeling in blocks and all in all not too fast for a mediocre amateur like me. - tried a Ligna off against it, which I somehow disliked, so mushy feeling. Maybe next time I try more stuff, but I try not to EJ and instead stick to a simple setup. Get the most out of it (once I get rid of my crutches that is)

The blade I showed is my favorite blade I have ever used and there is no question it is a little head heavy. I never notice it. Nor do I care about it. For most people, when you get used to a racket setup, you learn how to use that racket and that is really all you need. If you have something you like and are comfortable with, then there is no reason to EJ.

Some people are more sensitive to stuff like that. I know there is a value to center balanced or handle heavy. But it just isn't something that makes a big difference to me.

And when you have a blade that works for you, that you feel confident with, and you like how it feels, stop searching and use it. Real gains in TT skillz happen by training, playing matches and working on improving different aspects of your game.

Reactions: phorkyas