Watch the video below, then choose your favourite shot of 2012 :)

• 1) Jan Ove Waldner (Chop Shot)

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 2) Kalinikos Kreanga (Forehand Topspin Shot)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • 3) Ma Long (Under, around the net post shot)

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • 4) David Wetherill (Flying superman dive shot)

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • 5) Kenta Matsudaira (Backhand topspin on the run winner)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 6) Amin Tayan (No look back shot)

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • 7) Lorentz (On the floor backhand shot)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 8) Ma Long (Around the net shot)

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • 9) Josef Simoncik (Back shot)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 10) Timo Boll (Drop shot after epic point)

Votes: 32 25.8%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi guys, cheers for the votes of confidence! I haven't done many posts on here but that doesn't mean I'm not well aware of how phenomenal this site is, great stuff!

I'm not gonna say who I voted for ;) but what I will say is that I'm honoured to be included in this poll, such a privilege! Its the stuff of dreams as a table tennis fan growing up.

Dunno whether I can honestly say I think my shot is the best, or whether it even deserves to be there at all...I'm sure you've all done plenty more amazing shots in your time (as have I)! These just happen to have been lucky enough to be caught on camera :) They're all incredible!!

Thanks for the post Dave! Great to have you here! A famous table tennis player! :) I remember our shot we did in the training hall where you dived and hit the ball around the net, and I then dived to retrieve it on and won the point! ;) I personally think this shot was better! Haha, joking, loving your diving shot at the paralympics, it went viral I had many people asking me if i new who David Wetherill was? I was like hell yeah I know him! The hero!

Good luck in the poll buddy, there may even be some sort of prize for the winner! :)

Hope you had a fantastic birthday yesterday. Have a great Christmas and new years!

Reactions: pjlouage
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are a lot of great shots and a lot of great rallies. I would say, Kreanga's rally and Timo Boll's rally are two of the most amazing rallies of the year. But there are so many great shots in each rally and none stand out as THE shot of the rally. Great rallies though. I love the Wetherill (how do you spell the name) shot, but I don't think it is the best shot in that lineup. I think there are several great shots that are highly technical. But I do think, for the inspirational aspect the Wetherill shot belongs in the video.

Waldner's shot, Ma Long's 2 around the net shots, the patience to wait on that Ovchtarov serve till it is lower and outside of the net so he can go around it, and those amazing shots from the floor by Lorenz, I believe are all as good as it gets. I also think two of those shots by Gacina while he is on the run against Timo are some of the most amazingly athletic shots out there. Against most people that running loop by Gacina would have ended the rally. But that is an amazing rally all around.

Great video Dan.

This user has no status.
Yeah that rally was great! You're the hero; on behalf of the table tennis world I'd just like to thank you and the rest of TTD for your incredible work...you're absolute mavericks saving the world with this social revolution. More and more people are starting to realise how brilliant this sport is so keep it up and your videos will for sure go viral again! Legacy 2012

Reactions: pjlouage
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah that rally was great! You're the hero; on behalf of the table tennis world I'd just like to thank you and the rest of TTD for your incredible work...you're absolute mavericks saving the world with this social revolution. More and more people are starting to realise how brilliant this sport is so keep it up and your videos will for sure go viral again! Legacy 2012

So how do you spell your name? Or has Dan corrected the spelling in the poll?

Administrator
Oct 2010
There are a lot of great shots and a lot of great rallies. I would say, Kreanga's rally and Timo Boll's rally are two of the most amazing rallies of the year. But there are so many great shots in each rally and none stand out as THE shot of the rally. Great rallies though. I love the Wetherill (how do you spell the name) shot, but I don't think it is the best shot in that lineup. I think there are several great shots that are highly technical. But I do think, for the inspirational aspect the Wetherill shot belongs in the video.

Waldner's shot, Ma Long's 2 around the net shots, the patience to wait on that Ovchtarov serve till it is lower and outside of the net so he can go around it, and those amazing shots from the floor by Lorenz, I believe are all as good as it gets. I also think two of those shots by Gacina while he is on the run against Timo are some of the most amazingly athletic shots out there. Against most people that running loop by Gacina would have ended the rally. But that is an amazing rally all around.

Great video Dan.

I agree with you here Carl, nice review. This is a very tough one so many shots. I have yet to vote. The reason why I put two big rallies in there (kreanga & Boll) is that I thought it would look better to the public eye if the video was to go viral again. Those two rallies are outstanding!

So how do you spell your name? Or has Dan corrected the spelling in the poll?

Name is corrected Carl :) David Wetherill

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I Voted for shot number 8 because ist ist amazing how the ball goes around the net :D

Administrator
Oct 2010

Amazing comment, thank you Dave! It's a pleasure to know you. Keep up the fight, bring on Rio 2016!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
OMG! Mr. Amin Tayan's "no look back shot" was tremendous!!! It was like so astonishing that I had to rewind and watch it again.. Mehn it was superb!

Administrator
Oct 2010
OMG! Mr. Amin Tayan's "no look back shot" was tremendous!!! It was like so astonishing that I had to rewind and watch it again.. Mehn it was superb!

So true! When I first saw it I think I watched it 100 times! It's out of this world! No look, behind the back! Exceptional!

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I voted Timo Boll (10). His determination and finesse was all over this rally. It's also a very difficult ball to play. The amount of spin on that ball was monstrous!

Happy New Year to all of you...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agree with you here Carl, nice review. This is a very tough one so many shots. I have yet to vote. The reason why I put two big rallies in there (kreanga & Boll) is that I thought it would look better to the public eye if the video was to go viral again. Those two rallies are outstanding!

The video does look great and I understand. It is worth having those outstanding rallies in there. :)

Name is corrected Carl :) David Wetherill

Ah, thanks. I was thinking I was spelling it wrong.