Fx super soft

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for FX Super Soft

So I used this on a carbon blade for a while after first moving to it in the idea that aslow rubber and a carbon blade will be controllable when I want and fast when needed. This wasn't always true.

Speed:very slow, due to the soft slow sponge and top sheet this rubber is perfect fora beginner, it allows control and precise placement as well as an ability to create spin due to the dwell. However when back from the table and looping to win a point against a opponent a shot you put all your effort into can appear lacklustreas the rubber saps all the force from it. Also it bottoms out very easily.

Control:very good, spin produced is good however when receiving spin the rubber performed very well after moving from Chinese hard rubbers it was nice to have a more forgiving feeling, it also made it much easier to flip a serve back allowing an early attack. But if the attack went on for too long you could find yourself at the mercy or the lack of speed.

Spin:good when washed and new, the top sheet is fairly grippy and soft allowing good spin on every stroke.

Durability:this rubber has good durability, however if you do not look after it the rubber will loose spin fast, this rubber is perfect for beginners on a budget even those learning attacking as long as they buy an offensive blade(more like soft euro rubbers then the cheap Chinese offerings) however it will require a clean every or at most every other use to keep spin at a good level unlike the 729 normal which will continue to produce good spin(if not optimal) even when dirty.

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for FX Super Soft

ive been playing w this rubber for a while now on a 729 bomb and its not bad. chops were ok. Short game was good, and i could get a counterloop here and there off the bounce. after about 5 months of using it i have decided to boost with 1 layer of cooking oil. what ive found is that the speed has drasticaly improved and it makes a VERY loud sound.