Zealot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Zealot

o describe it in one word, I would just say it's balanced. All of the Nexy blades I've used stood out in some way, making them feel very unique. However, the zealot feels so balanced that i can't say its extraordinary in any one aspect. With that being said, it also doesn't feel like it's lacking in any area.

The zealot is a 5ply all wood blade with a mystery new surface veneer made for the polyball. Although it's a 5ply blade, it feels more like a 7ply blade.

Blocking

When blocking with the zealot it's very easy to do aggressive blocks or "punch" blocks. However if you're the type of player who prefers the loose-grip passive blocking style this is going to be more of a struggle for you. The control on the blocks is superb but it's very hard to block the ball short. A player using this blade will find it to be a much easier time blocking this quickly.

Close Loops

In my opinion this is where the blade struggles the most. When doing a very close to the table loop, it's very difficult to get the ball to drop quicker and i found every loop going long and off the table. This made me extremely uncomfortable looping a ball that was close to the table and i lost confidence in even attempting these loops. The best way i found to solve this problem is to do a very hard push instead of loop at the short range. This caused the next ball to come off the table longer for an easier loop.

Mid-range Loops

Mid range loops are where this blade truly shines. I was able to get quite a bit of power off these loops, almost as if it had carbon in the blade. It provided a slightly lower throw angle than you would expect from a 5ply all wood blade, but it still maintained the ease of looping that you would have come to love from them.

Flicks

There was quite a bit of dwell time on the the blade so flicks seemed fairly easy. The only issue i found from the flicks was that they seemed a bit slow. Although they were slow they more than made up for the speed with a lot of spin. This allowed you to get ready for the next shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 2 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Zealot

Here's my Review on the Zealot Blade: Rubbers use for forehand : Xiom Omega V Europe 2mm Backhand : Butterfly Tenergy 80
Now base on drillings its great to use . I would say this is a balance blade. Easy to block/punch block those topspins and loops when near the table.

For Spins : Top spin near the table is amazing and also when doing loops using this blade. Addictive if i may say so.
Flicks not that fast but it would be easy for the next set up play.
Drive's also great. Not that stiff but Flexible never thought that this is a 5 ply all wood blade. As i would do some loops or even top spin it has dwell time.
Though effort is needed when away from the table but who's complaining. I like the blade and the feeling of control during the game .

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Zealot

I got this blade from the Nexy raffle. I was not a fan of allwood back then and favored the faster and numb composites(Gergely, Mizutani, Viscaria). After receiving the blade I glued a Globe 999 and Rakza 7 soft I was not impressed lol. I was using Akrasia back then timeskip after training in Manila they suggested me to use an allwood 5-ply blade. I had my eyes set on the Stiga Ebenholz 5 and bought it.I was enjoying the blade but after a month or so I started to feel it's uncontrollable throw and one factor is the Hurricane 8's catapault. I had trouble landing the ball in the table after that my instinct told me to use the Zealot. I glued my H8 and 05 there and it is now my current weapon.

Spinning:
When spinning you will notice the sticky feeling which is quite annoying at first lol. Due to the dwell time plus the H8 and 05 I can produce tremendous amount of spin in my forehand and backhand. The blade boosted my confidence in spinning because I had no fear that the ball will go out. When I was using Ebenholz 5 the ball was a bit wild but in Zealot the ball's trajectory is really stable and quite confusing to the opponent because it seems that the ball will go out.

During close the table loop because of the long trajectory of the blade and dwell the ball is really hard to block because the ball goes long and spinny I had no trouble in looping close table. If I want to make the ball land shorter or make it dip I just do a more forward stroke and it does the trick.

Blocking:
I can say that this is one of the best blade that I used in the blocking department. I can kill the ball easily with Zealot through absorption or punch block, chop block. and the 05 is a great blocking rubber lol the 05's throw is somehow muted by the Zealot but will be there when you need it due to the Dual Impact system. My colleagues laugh at me saying no such thing exists but changes their mind when they tried my blade. Because one of them is using an 05 in bh.

Flicking:
I really loved the Zealot and H8's combination in flicking the dwell plus tacky and med throw rubber produces fast and low flicks. I can do the chiquita fairly easy with Zealot and with a low trajectory too! bh flicks are a breeze and sometimes they misjudge the ball cause it contains a lot of spin but looks like a normal push lol

Receiving:
It is very easy to receive using Zealot whether it is a drop shot, flick, push or mini topspin. I have a lot of trouble receiving using the Ebenholz especially the strong sidespin cause it pops a lot yet I can now attack it with Zealot because of the dampened 05 throw.

PS. It is best to pair Zealot with med to high throw rubbers because of it's low throw nature and for me H8 and 05 is the best combo. Happy Spinning!

Reactions: DJeX
4 out of 5 rating for Zealot

Nexy changed their Cpen symmetry for this series. Headsize 162x151, slightly longer handle than Peterpan, similar to Arirang. A bit too bouncy for a 5ply wood, but still controllable. It can spin with the best of them, and has power of a 7ply blade with shorter trajectory!