Zeta Offensive+ Carbon

5 out of 5 rating for Zeta Offensive+

Testing was done with Xiom Omega VII Pro, Vega Intro, Vega SPO and Musa 3 rubbers. The ZOC+ blade weighs 84 grams but the range of weight is85-87 grams. The blade has a medium stiff feel. It feels stiffer than the Feel AX blade and a tad faster but it almost has the same feel. I am not sure if the top ply is made of Walnut or colored Limba. Central ply looks like Kiri. The ZOC+ feels light, balanced but never hollow. Even if it is labelled as OFF+, it should be rated it as OFF only because it is not faster than Viscaria. I say it is as fast as Viscaria. On a bare blade doing ball- bouncing, the height of the ball bouncing against the bare blade is medium high and a little bit higher than Feel AX or almost the same bounce as Viscaria or Xiom Stradivarius. The Zeta Offensive Carbon+ is a "can-do all" all-around offensive blade. I still love the Feel Ax, I switched to the ZOC+ immediately because the control never really decreased in my part but I felt an increased in speed by a few notches indicating that the ZOC is a faster blade than the Feel AX. The ball feedback with the ZOC+ is excellent to feel in the hand and it does not feel too hard nor too soft. The blade has enough hardness to give you the power and speed but it has a softness innate to the blade when you are hitting with it so it has a combination of balanced softness and hardness. The Zeta series blades have actually one of the best handles in the line of blades for Xiom. The handle is just right including the wing part. If I compare it with the Feel Series blades, the wing part of the AX and other blades are wider and you need to sand them. The Omega series have also good handles but they feel too slender at times and with the Zeta blade handles, they feel just right.
The Zeta Offensive Carbon+ is an excellent attacking blade with balance on looping and driving. Looping the ball is as easy as looping with the Feel AX but it feels much faster. The blade feels bouncy but not too fast. It has more than enough speed that you need for powerful shot but it has control like that of an off- blade. Smashing is very good but the best qualities of the ZOC+ is looping, blocking and inside the table strokes like flicks and drops are all easy to execute with it. The ZOC+ has been my main blade with much preference compared to the Feel AX, both have the good flex in looping but the Zeta Offensive + blade is just a step better. In terms of power ZOC+ is limited to the middle distance from the table and farther from the table it loses some amount of power on your shots unless you place a very fast rubber with it like Omega VII Pro. The Zeta Offensive + can be used by players that are in the intermediate level when it is paired with the Vega Intro 2.0mm or Vega Elite 2.0mm rubbers in which control is really abundant. Advanced and even elite players will greatly love the Zeta Offensive Carbon + because it is dynamic, fast, controllable and excellent in every shot. It is about 60-65usd so the price for its performance is really good.

Reactions: MHEK