Mx-k

5 out of 5 rating for MX-K

Weight: 48 grams (cut)Speed: OFF+Spin: Very HighType: ESN

The topsheet reminded me with the Omega V’s texture and grain but it is different because of the topsheet design. It has the cherry red topsheet compared to the matted red ESN topsheets that new generation ESN rubbers are using right now. The quality is very good like its Evolution series brothers only that this open in terms of design.Now this is quite the opposite in terms of performance compared to the Hard version.The MX-K M has bigger pores on its cream white sponge. It also feels softer than the MX-P despite it having the hardness of 47.5 degrees. You can feel some softness when you are pressing against the rubber and this is very obvious the moment you try the rubber. I used the same blades in this test with the MX-K H - Tmount T540, Sanwei Fextra 7 and Stiga Nostalgic All+. I may have said some negative things about the MX-K H but on the M version I am all praises with this rubber. As what I have stated in my MH-K H review, having short pip structure is a double edged sword which means it could be a hit or miss for players depending on their choices. The short pip structure works on the MX-K M version because the softer sponge allows the ball a bit of chance to be properly gripped by the topsheet aside from the sponge even without the tackiness. It feels softer than the MX-P but I can say that the MX-K 47.5 has a faster speed. It has good feel wherein the moment you hit the ball, it sinks partially into the sponge with no bottoming out. It is slightly has more spin than the MX-P and again this is because of the less denser and softer sponge. It is ideal for players who engage heavily on the sponge and topsheet to produce spin. The difference between the MX-P and the MX-K is that with the MX-P, you can easily brush the ball without engaging the sponge too much or brush it lightly to simply put it while the MX-K 47.5 really needs sponge compression. The regular MX-K has this slightly less difficulty in producing spins compared to the MX-P. I think MX-S is still the spinniest Evolution rubber when you loop or brush like using a Hurricane 3 rubber. While the MX-P is a spinny rubber, we can agree that not everybody can use it because it is a powerful rubber but the MX-K 47.5 easily solves this issue in handling and control. The speed of the MX-K regular is already fast and it is almost at the level of Omega 7 Pro and also slightly less amount of spin. Overall, the MX-K regular version excels in almost all strokes - from looping to blocking and driving. It is one complete rubber with excellent control, feel and easy handling. I also noticed that with all the 3 test blades, the MX-K regular was never choosy. This rubber is highly recommended!