wttc

1. 2023 WTTC Host Announced

In today's ITTF Online AGM, the delegates have announced the winner for 2023's host city for WTTC. Durban and Dusseldorf were the only bids for this event. It is with great pleasure to say that Durban, South Africa is now the 2023 WTTC host. Congratulations! More information here...
  2. Butterfly in 2019 WTTC Budapest

Rubbers ■テナジーシリーズ(47.5%) 内訳:テナジー05ハード(4.8%) / テナジー05(31.3%) / テナジー05FX(5.5%) / テナジー64(3.5%) / テナジー80(1.2%) / その他テナジー(1.1%) ■ディグニクスシリーズ(2.8%) ■その他ラバー(2.9%) *Tenergy (47.5%) T05H (4.8%) / T05 (31.3%) / T05FX (5.5%) / T64 (3.5%) / T80 (1.2%) / Other Tenergy (1.1%) *D05 (2.8%) *Other (2.9%)...
  3. ITTF to Introduce Video Challenge at Grand Finals and WTTC 2020

Was waiting for someone to post this but no luck. Here goes. Nikkan Sports reports that ITTF have decided to introduce video challenge at the World Tour Grand Finals this December, and the WTTC 2020 next March. If the trial runs are successful, then the system will be implemented for Tokyo...
  4. An Jaehyun vs. Alexander Valuch WTTC 2019 VIDEO

Hello everyone! Just like I promised in the WTTC2019 topic, I am bringing you great match from the group stage of the World Championships, where - believe it or not - An Jaehyun was 1:2 down in games! With some luck he wouldnt even win the group, lol :) Anyways, great match and great...
  5. Some Participation Stats for WTTC and World Cup for China

WTTC 2015-2019, 5 CNT men in singles 2001-2013, 7 1999, 9 1997, 9, Waldner 3-0 x 7 4 taken out by Samsonov alone, 3-0 MLin in R32, 3-1 WLQ in R16, 3-0 Ding Song in QF, 3-1 KLH in SF 1 taken out by Karakasevic, 3-2 LGL in R64 1 taken out by Gatien, 3-0 Wang Tao in R64 1 taken out by Waldner, 3-0...
  6. ® Photo of players' rackets at WTTC 2019, Budapest

To better satisfy your curiosity. Ever yours, Igor Novick. ® ® ® Photo Gallery of players' rackets at WTTC 2019, Budapest, by courtesy of MyTischtennis.de website. Tiago Apolonia Den Anfang macht der WM-Dritte im Doppel, Tiago Apolonia, eigenes Holz Tiago Apolonia ZLC spielt. (©Gohlke)...
  7. This thread is for wttc 2019 mf and final videos without revealing the winner

Is it ok if somebody could post the next mens matches (YT highlighted videos only) in this thread without any spoiler. Just pasting the YT ittf video links will do, hopefully they won't put a stupid thumbnail revealing the winner. The idiots at ittf don't realise not everyone is watching their...
  8. CHN Men vs Women - practice before WTTC 2019 in Autria (longer version)

I've watched some short videos about it on Facebook and found a longer version here. Just share again, sooooo interesting!!! Wang Manyu got 2 points against Lin Gaoyan.
  9. Any TTD members at the WTTC in Budapest?

Hello, everyone! I will be in Budapest for the WTTC men's semifinals and finals and wanted to ask if any more TableTennisDaily members will be there in the same period. Cheers!
  10. WTTC live streaming matches?

Hi everyone, Can you recommend me a good live stream source to catch up with all the WTTC matches? Thanks.
  11. Indian television channel where WTTC 2019 will be broadcasted ?

hey can anyone please tell me in which Indian television channel will the WTTC 2019 will be broadcasted. Can anyone also share the list where the channels where it will be broadcasted are shown:):)
  12. CNT's WTTC Warm-Up Matches

As mentioned elsewhere, CNT has the tradition of holding 'warm-up' matches before each major competition. In preparation for WTTC later this month, a total of 18 matches will be held to assess the form of the registered players. Seems like the opponents selected are meant to mimic either i)...
  13. WTTC 2019 Just-Before Special by TV Tokyo

Discretion is advised for serious adults
  14. Michael Maze and Kalinikos Kreanga confirmed for WTTC

It's been a while to see these two competing at WTTC, but for me, even if they won't get far in any competition it's a pleasure two watch these two legends again. 2 years before in Germany i gave up hope to watch them live at a wttc again.... Do you have any player you wish to, or will see at...
  15. South Korea's Lineup for WTTC 2019

2 players per gender qualified by WR from 2/2019, and the rest by trials that took place from 2/27-3/1. Trial format: M: 3 rounds of championship, where the winner qualifies automatically. W: Top 3 players in huge round-robin qualify automatically. MS: Lee Sangsu(WR 7), Jang Woojin(WR 11)...
  16. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

1st day of competition will see 8 contestants duke it out to determine the winner who will get the final spot for singles at the WTTC 2019. The winner will join the other 4 players who have been selected for WTTC singles in Stage 2 and the winner will be the Champion of Japan Top 12 2019. Of...
  17. WTTC Qualifiers in Japan

We had this week the 1st round of qualifiers for the JNT. There will be a 2nd round with seeded players in Match. The winner of the second round will earn a slot for the WTTC 2019 in Hungary. Another slot is for the winner of the national championships in January 2019. If I'm correct, 3 other...
  18. WTTC to Become More Bloated

XD goes from 64 to 128 pairs. Team competition expands from 24 to 32 teams for the Championship Division. Continental Qualification will be established, to be determined at the next AGM. https://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/ittf-expand-world-championships
  19. 2018 WTTC Halmstad Post-Match Interviews

These videos don't come for free.
  20. WTTC 2018 - Halmstad - What about the BTY A40+ ball?

Hi all, I was just curious about the new BTY A0+ ball used in WTTC in Halmstad. I saw many changes of balls (I suppose mostly broken balls), but no one and no thread (not only TTD...) is pointing out comments about. It would be great to have some indications, especially from the players...