attack

1. Gaining high ball attack from your serve

I think I've come up with the ultimate question for a coach. How to train 3rd ball kills that have your own spin on them. How many have been through this stage of TT? You have a decent serve that has enough spin and deception to gain high returns that you can kill..... BUT When that high...
  2. Blade for attack while not compromising defense?

Currently I'm using Palio TNT-1 blade and can balance between both defense and attack with lacking a bit in the attack department. As for my play-style, I play mostly traditional cpen with lp on one side and tacky inverted on the other and switch between both during the mach. I prefer to play...
  3. Serve and attack strategies

I am a relatively new player, a lower intermediate (USATT rating about 1000). For my level, I have fairly good technique, and fairly good serves—I get decent spin, and can vary the spin and placement somewhat with FH pendulum and BH serves. I now need to develop my match play. “Develop your...
  4. Basic Set-up for 3rd Attack

https://youtu.be/Ou8dt4KBmeI Basic of the Basic : Downspin, then Topspin Attack If you get this set-up, You can score it easily in a match!
  5. [LHTT #52_Match in China] Merciless Attack by Coach

https://youtu.be/qusJJLt-k58
  6. From attack to defense: Its ok this blade and rubber?

Hi everyone, i used to play with an w968 (mx p on FH and MX S on BH) but once my coach told me i should try pimples. I've considered his idea and now i checked some blades and decided to change into the Joo See Hyuk Blade and the tsp curl p1 r for mi BH (1.4 - 1-7 mm). I dont know what rubber...
  7. How to choose the side to attack with on third ball attack ?

Hello everyone, Lately I work a lot on my third ball attack and i'm a bit confused on which side to choose to attack with between BH and FH How do you choose ? I've heard that it is good to use the FH with pendulum serve as the ball go to the BH and we can pivot and keep attacking the whole...
  8. Sharing my first experiences as Def-Attack

I would just like to share my experiences as I am super pumped to be finally playing the style I have the most fun with (playing and watching). I hope I can hype others up too So, I had the opportunity to try these 3 setups for 3 hours in training, practise and matches with a few solid players...
  9. VIDEO: How to improve your 3rd ball attack

Hi all, here's a new coaching video I have made, where I explain how to improve your 3rd ball attack. The video is mainly aimed at intermediate players, but there may be some useful tips for more advanced players too. In the video I talk about: - Expecting your serve to be returned -...
  10. Attacking from Tibhar grass Ultra

I played with a long pimpled rubber in backhand side for some years and then stopped playing TT. Those days I was more of a defensive player. After about 8 years I started playing again, and now I am using Tibhar Grass Ultra 1.5mm rubber on my backhand but I rarely chop now. My blade is...
  11. Nittaku Combi Wood Attack > technical specifications?

Hello there, Several years ago, my coach gave me a very interesting Blade. It was a Nittaku Combi Wood Attack. I'm wondering if you know some technical specifications about this wood. So as to compare with my current blade. I searched on the web... i didn't find anything. Except it was an old...
  12. 2013 world TT women's Attack-Chop competition

This competition is so interesting ! And one of the new attractions is for Chinese National Team (CNT) players to wear tennis skirts during a game, very beautiful... What's your opinion? What do you think of female table tennis players wearing tennis style skirts in a TT game? My answer is Yes...
  13. A do it all rubber that can attack and defend.

Hi Good Day My Play Style: All Around Play, i usually attack or defend depending on the situation. i can attack or defend on both FH and BH. Problem: I am currently using Adidas Tenzone SF on my BH. its good mainly for attacking but i cant chop with it cuz its always a no spin ball which...
  14. Topspin attack rubbers

hi all, i am looking for a new rubber to to replace my T05fx purely because i don't want to spend £50 every time i need a new sheet. could you guts recommend some offensive rubbers which are suited to a topspin attack game? thanks lukas
  15. Initiation of attack on short ball

Hey friends, need some tech points on how to initiate attack on short ball as a Third ball attack mainly from backhand.I am having problems in attacking short and sharp cuts close to net and then the time i retort, ball often goes long rendering another guy to take the advantage of...