analysis

1. Hurricane Long V vs Viscaria

Hello everyone, This is a long one, so buckle up. I wanted to share my experience with my DHS Hurricane Long V. I will compare it to the old (5,7mm) Viscaria, since it's the only other carbon blade I have, and I have a lot of experience with it. I mention the Viscaria because it's very...
  2. Spicing Up the Championships: More Stats and Stories in Table Tennis?

Hi everyone, I'm a big table tennis fan and a semi-pro player. With the World Table Tennis Championships just kicking off in Durban, South Africa, I've been thinking - wouldn't it be great if we had more stats and stories about our sport? Table tennis is fast and sometimes hard to follow...
  3. Ma Long Forehand Loop (Topspin) | Weight Transfer Analysis

Hello guys, I made another video on chinese forehand loop. Check it out :)
  4. Match Analysis with Girl's Cadet Team Member

Hey everyone, here's another match analysis against a fast girl style attacker. Please let me know what you think in the Youtube comments or here. Also please SHARE with TT friends to help me reach a wider audience! https://youtu.be/HWSLUi-AVWE
  5. Ma Long service video analysis (Footwork pattern)

Hello table tennis lovers! I made short video analysis on Ma Long's service footwork pattern. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1kjGcAr1w I spoke in my club with my teammates and most of them agreed to me so we started practicing it. After couple of training sessions we really noticed little...
  6. Match Analysis Featuring USATT Rank No. 17

Hey everyone, please go check out my new video. It discusses tactics in a match between my friend Joy and me. I discuss tactics from both sides. Let me know if you like it and what suggestions you have for future match analysis videos! https://youtu.be/8xmzrKR9m2g
  7. Technique analysis penhold

Hello guys there is a video of me training forehand/backhand and transition drills on returnboard I am training from one year and I want to know what do I have to improve and your general opinion my strokes and transition few questions to add 1. Do I go forward enough on my forehand stroke 2...
  8. Ma Long serve analysis vs Tomokazu Harimoto

Hey guys, For those of you who haven't seen the new technology via the ITTF we are now able to see the serving ball placement of players, similar to that you find in tennis. In the image you can see Ma Long's service placement during the 5th set against Tomokazu Harimoto at the recent China...
  9. Spinlord Ozelot | review | Analysis Pavel Sirucek

10. Analysis Hou Yingchao - legendary defensor

11. Numerical Analysis of table tennis blades

Being an over thinker as i am, i wanted to see if i could predict the rating of a blade before i build it. So, i decided to make a numerical model of a blade and analyse the results by changing several properties. The shape of the blade and the mechanical properties of the materials are always...
  12. Net height experiments - analysis - discussion.

Hi everyone, probably lots of people know, there is some discussion going on in the TT community about the net height, whether could it make the sport more available to the audience and so on. Dan usually asks about it in his podcasts. I would like to approach it from the perspective of the...
  13. Match Analysis draw! Be the next star at zoomtt.com

Hello everybody! You might have read any of our match analysis articles we have been publishing for a while. As we have received quite good feedback from most of the people and we would like to improve our reach, we've come with the idea of making a DRAW to analyze a match from one of our...
  14. How points are won

I was wondering, analyzing a number of games played, where the heart of wins (and defeats) are. Ways to win points are there, and some patterns seem to emerge. - The winning service, the losing service - Conversely, the losing service return, and the winning service return - The big kill...
  15. Do you use video analysis in your table tennis training?

Hey guys, I recently wrote a new article on icoachtabletennis.com about the advantages of using video analysis during my coaching sessions. It got me wondering does anyone here on TTD use video analysis to improve their technique, watch match play etc? When I was in Sweden the Japanese team...
  16. Best / most applicable sports analysis software?

Hi all Anyone know what is the best / most applicable sports analysis software for table tennis? Andy
  17. Xu Xin's Technique Analysis

Other Table Tennis Star Technique's Video: http://www.pp-station.com/search/label/%E6%8A%80%E8%A1%93%E5%88%86%E6%9E%90
  18. Fan Zhendong's Technique Analysis

More Fan ZhenDong Videos: http://www.pp-station.com/search/label/%E6%A8%8A%E6%8C%AF%E6%9D%B1
  19. Advanced video analysis of your game

I recently stumbled across the following video analysis software: playersrecord. Unlike one other recently posted app it's free and much more advanced (it's not a mobile phone app ). Give it a try and incase you like it, show some love to its programmer. If you know a better and free video...
  20. History & Analysis of TT

The video below is amazing! An incredible breakdown to the history of table tennis and also how spin has impacted the sport. What did you find interesting in the video? The sport has progressed, check out the amazing rally below against Timo Boll and Chen Weixing!