ball

1. Sanwei ABS HD 40+ Ball

Sanwei HD 40+ Ball After multiple urgings from players who use the ABS Pro before, Sanwei finally unveiled the new HD ABS ball for the public. This is good since it shows that Sanwei listens to its customers. The balls looks to have a better and higher quality, it does not feel as...
  2. Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) still relevant for the ABS ball?

;););););)
  3. Wet ball - let?

I played a tournament yesterday. I am a spin-oriented player. I open up mostly by FH loop. Earlier on the day things went as expected. The stadium was packed, people sweat more and more later in the day. I was playing a guy who served either no spin or side spin from his BH. I lost quite a few...
  4. All-wood, ALC, ZLF, or ZLC? Putting Ball Sense to the Test

Yuuji: Ball sense? Let's put that to the test! All-wood, ALC, ZLF and ZLC. Takukichi: No-brainer! Arie: Easy as pie! Takukichi: Will you take part in this experiment? Yuuji: Of course! I'll shuffle them here. I can't tell what is what now. Let's get started! Takukichi: Weighs like...
  5. Sanwei 2020 Blades + ABS HD 40+ Ball & DZ Long Pimples

Sanwei 2020 Blades The 2020 blades released by Sanwei this year are astounding. The quality has been improved a lot and I am quite thankful that one of my suggestions which to pre-sand the neck or wing part of the blade was added as a feature in the new blades. There are a lot of blades that...
  6. What happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side?

I don't know if this has already been answered, but what happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side? Does the other person get the point/redo? Or does the finger ball count?
  7. A 38mm PLASTIC ball?

Matt Hetherington made a post on FB about the modern trend towards the conformity of styles in table tennis and Richard McAfee chimed in with some interesting thoughts on the matter: "Now that we have better television cameras and balls made of plastic, it would be interesting to experiment...
  8. New Multi ball Feeding Robot

Has anyone seen this? it looks perfect: https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202004/22/WS5e9fb8aaa3105d50a3d18040.html The robot feeds like a human feeding multi ball. Could this be the way forward? Apparently 100 next-generation Pangbot M-ONE table tennis machines have been made so far and will go...
  9. Research about ball catch net

Hello, I am doing a bit of research on ball catch net's, I have a few question about these - Does your club have a ball catch net? - Do you use it mostly for training with Robots or is it used for multi ball training - Which ball catch net would you recommend - What problem do...
  10. AGM: JTTA Proposal, Service rule. Ball must rise over head hight

https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Propositions-Resolutions_to_2020_AGM.pdf To amend 2.6.2:2.6.2 The server shall then project the ball near vertically upwards, without impartingspin, so that it rises at least above their head height after leaving the palm of thefree hand and then...
  11. Gaining high ball attack from your serve

I think I've come up with the ultimate question for a coach. How to train 3rd ball kills that have your own spin on them. How many have been through this stage of TT? You have a decent serve that has enough spin and deception to gain high returns that you can kill..... BUT When that high...
  12. Ball tracking technology at WTGF

This technology is simply amazing. It's very interesting to know the speed and spin of word class players shot. Today in the men's final FZD hit a devastating forehand 77 km/h and 122 rps. I think that it was the strongest shot of the tournament in term of spin &speed. So we could say that FZD...
  13. Ideal parts of the paddle to hit the ball for every stroke?

I want to know if there is a complete list of where you should hit the ball depending for FH/BH loops, drives, smashes, flicks, pushes etc. Does where you hit the ball change depending on the type of spin you are receiving? I want to know!
  14. How do you hit the ball with so much backspin that it comes back to your side?

How does this Pongfinity guy do it? Go to 1:23 in the video. Is he using a special rubber, or is it just skill?
  15. changing a broken ball during a match- do you need to try a new one out?

When a ball is broken or cracked in a match, professional players try out the new ball by having a knock up before continuing play. Is this really necessary as during some tournaments such as T2 several balls are used. A new ball is thrown to the server rather than fetching the ball after a...
  16. The benefits of a vertical topspin against a backspin ball – for amateurs

Hello to everybody, This talk is for amateur players not for pros who have strong technical skills and they can handle any ball. I am trying to understand the benefits of a vertical topspin against a backspin ball because I am having a lot of problems to handle the return of it. The scenario...
  17. Ball Tracking Technology in Table Tennis!

look like ittf now introduce ball track technology in table tennis
  18. Butterfly S40+ ball

Didn't find a thread about this ball, so decided to open new one... Yesterday bought a couple of boxes, and immediatly begin playing with them... I was in awe, just awesome ball, it's very round, hard, and also feels light compared to Butterfly G40+ or DHS D40+ balls, actually it's hardness and...
  19. Serve before receiver ready - receiver caught ball in hand

In a recent game I was not quite ready to receive a serve when the ball was served to me. I made no attempt whatsoever to swipe at the ball with my bat (which was in my right hand). The ball actually was travelling directly at my left hand and I instinctively just caught it. The player doing...
  20. Multi-Ball Training with Chinese Coach

Training & Training, then Rest and Training! https://youtu.be/NUUQiSwKncE