intermediate

1. INTERMEDIATE Training Drills

Here's a video on 8 practice drills that intermediate players can do. It's not comprehensive of everything to practice, but it's a good allround list. Please let me know what you guys think. https://youtu.be/ySBVgUag4q8
  2. Tenergy 05 fx playing impression by semi-intermediate player

Hi, My Andro Rasanter r47 rubber had started to wear off so had to change my rubber and this time I wanted to try out Tenergy rubber on my backhand and unfortunately didn't know anyone at our local club who uses this rubber, so I bought Tenergy 05 fx with 1.9 thickness for backhand and glued...
  3. Best racket (blade + rubbers) for an offensive intermediate player close to the table

Hello, Please advise , I am 50 years old player , trying to attack on both sides - spin/loop attacks mostly, playing close to the table. My goal is a light racket suitable for me.(blade & rubber) I prefer the same rubber on both sides.(correct me if I am wrong...)​ Now I have an 86g blade...
  4. Setup for intermediate player

Is Donic Appelgren Allplay(Normal) with FH Xiom Omega 5 Asia + BH Xiom Vega Europe a good combination for a intermediate offensive player(a.k.a me)?
  5. Confusion in deciding which rubber and blade to go with (Intermediate level)

Hello Team, I am Akshay from India. I have been playing TT for about 5 years now, i would like to consider now, myself in the intermediate category. Since the last two years i have worked on playing a more serious game. So for my practice to get know all the different nuances of the game and...
  6. New custom bat. For intermediate player. suitable

Have over a years worth of experience. My game is decent although I need to improve my ability to brush the ball (not like i cant just know i can get better). Currently using a premade bat the Palio legend 2. Was very fast and hard to control initially although Im now able to play effectively...
  7. Need help for a custom bat transitioning from beginner to intermediate.

I have been playing for 9 months, mostly at a TT club, I play about 5-6 hours a week, that's gonna improve in summertime, so far I have developed a close to the table offensive style of play. I intend to enroll in a few local tournaments in the upcoming months. So far I have been using a excell...
  8. Looking for intermediate level player in the bay area

Hi Everyone, I am looking for an intermediate level player located in the bay area (San Francisco/ Palo-Alto and San Jose in the US) to play during weekend or Friday afternoon I know where to play, because I do not come with a partner and do not know other players, If anyone is interested...
  9. Blade and Rubber recommendations for Intermediate Offensive player?

Hi, I'm an Intermediate player (maybe low Intermediate by the standards on this forum) who has been playing with a used Stiga Infinity VPS V with Andro Rasant Grip on FH and Andro Rasant on BH. I bought this blade used from a coach a year ago. My equipment is worn out so I'm ready for...
  10. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced

Hey guys! I was wondering, how do you know what level you are in in table tennis? What are the main differences between Beginner and Intermediate players? I wanted to know what level I'm in. :D Thanks!
  11. FH rubber for looping?

I am a two winged intermediate player who likes looping. I play close to the table and I like to counterloop too. I use more of a Chinese loop. I have Butterfly Petr Korbel as my blade and Tibhar Evolution MX-P as my BH. What should I use for my FH? Thanks (Also, it shouldn’t have to be boosted...
  12. Butterfly Gionis All+ for offensive intermediate player?

Hey, great forum! I am looking for blade advice, please: - playing for 7 years - training 2x per week - offensive style, often attempting to start the first spin, from backhand and forehand - reasonable skills: winning most games in our league (which is like 4 leagues below the top league in my...
  13. Help finding a good setup for an intermediate player

Hey all, Summary: I'm a 900-1000 level player that thinks they could easily improve to 1200 with a good setup Currently using Dawei Matrix with Stiga Innovo (hard to loop, small sweet spot, pretty fast and tough for me to control) Played fairly well with a DHS Hurricane King with Tenergy 05...
  14. Looking for an intermediate table tennis partner

Looking for an intermediate table tennis partner in Seoul Korea Hi Everyone, I am originaly from Canada, and I am living in Seoul Korea for the next 3 months. I am looking for a table tennis partner around central seoul, to play on the weekend, or early in the morning on weekdays. Although I...
  15. What's a good and cheap intermediate Rubber?

It's been a long time lol
  16. New blade help for beginner / intermediate player

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my racket. I have played table tennis with shakehand for only four months. Currently I am using a premade DHS 6002 with hurricane3/tinarc but as the rubbers are getting worn out, I am thinking about getting something new. I am still developing my playstyle but I...
  17. Intermediate level player equipment

Hello, I´ve been training with a nice coach since november (4 months now), and I've learned and developed the basic strokes, althouhg I started playing in 2010. Recently I've started noticing that I feel that my current setup (Stiga Allround NCT blade with Mark V 2.0mm rubbers) is a little...
  18. Transition from beginner to intermediate

Hi, I guess everyone goes through a transition phase from an advanced beginner (for e.g, 1700-1800 USATT?) to an intermediate/advanced player. By advanced beginner, I mean someone who can execute the basic strokes with proper footwork and has reasonable knowledge of technique, spin, pimples...