young

1. Equipment setup and playstyle for a young chilld - 11 years old

Hello everyone My younger brother has been playing for about 1 year now, religiously. He's seriously young and lacks some basic fundamentals in some aspects. He has received no formal coaching that kids his age usually get when they are serious about the sport. Current FH:cheap hard and tacky...
  2. Jeung Young Sik's dad practicing at the club...

A FB post/vid from JYS dad practicing at the club (looks like no one is there but him...) <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fhaecheolj%2Fvideos%2F1846251355509685%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315"...
  3. Coaching tips for very young players 5-7 years

Following on from mlax's post ( rubber & blades for 5 year olds) I'd like to ask for any tips/drills for coaching this 5-7 age group. I want to do more fun exercises with my son and his friend (age 6) but they have very short attention spans and as soon as we move on to something new/move away...
  4. Tips for a very keen competitive young player!! My son!

This is some video of my son playing, as in the title he is very keen and competitive and does not really listen to his dad! LOL Any tips for him to improve??
  5. Seo Hyo Young Practice day before Tourney

An interesting vid of SHW's sister the day before a tourney with the girls and guys...
  6. Timo Boll de movie (Young Timo through the years, starting at age 4)

An oldie, but never saw this one before.
  7. Korean Pro vs her Sister (Seo Hyo Won vs Seo Hyo Young)

Here is a quick exhibition of Korean Chopper pro Seo Hyo won vs her sister. Her sister is now big time into making TT instruction vids for amateurs and plays in Natl tourneys.
  8. I have heavy paddle, is that ok for a young player?

Hey, I have Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon blade that weights about 100g and max Hexer + max Hexer HD and my paddle is really heavy, everyone that try my paddle says "OMG that is really heavy". Do you think heavy paddle is good for 14 years old, an offensive player? (I weights 45kg, so I feel it alot...
  9. Start them young! The story of Youssef dofesh!

GECA has uploaded a new video featuring a kid learning table tennis by standing on a bench! The kids name is Youssef dofesh who is just 4 years of age in the video below, what a superstar! <iframe...
  10. Crazy skill by young Japanese kids!

Who's tried this! This is a lot hard than it looks! <blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-version="7" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:658px...
  11. Support young TT star with cystic fibrosis

<tbody> <tbody> I'm asking for you to consider making a small donation to support an inspirational young lady I've had the pleasure of getting to know. Holly is 16 years old, is ranked no. 1 in Australian for Under 18 girls and suffers from cystic fibrosis. She's one of the bravest kids I've...
  12. Young English Gionis in action (I wish) lol

Here is a video of me having a best of 3 match with my team mate. I cannot remember if I've posted this before (I know I uploaded a training video). This was not a full on match, neither of us were at 100% more like maybe 70% as we were coming to the end of a hard working session. This was...
  13. Russia's young hope

14. 11 year old kid defeats World no.43 and 71!

Very young Japanese new talent This kid has not yet 12 years (Jun 2003) !! In the Quarterfinals of Safir Open 2015 he beat Omar Assar (WR 43) In the Semifinal he beat Jens Lundqvist (WR 71) Tomokazu Harimoto, take note this name !!
  15. Interview: Jung Young Sik (KOR)

Hey all, I'm creating a new page where I plan to post interviews of professional players from around the world, and report on TT news. I'm dedicated to making this an informative and interesting page, and first off will need to shamelessly ask that you can help get started here and on Facebook...
  16. Z-Jike plays 3 young boys (VIDEO)

Whilst players have been competing in the GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour Harmony China Open, Zhang Jike, Wang Hao, Ma Long, Li Xiaoxia, Ding Ning, and Guo Yue have been taking part in exhibitions in Hong kong. The players sang and did various activities in front of a packed out arena. Zhang...
  17. How good have you been at her age?? :-)

I found this video: It is breathtaking.. I have no idea who is it, but I think this must be in china and it gives a little explanation why they are so good.. Damn when she can play that well that little.. this multiball is awesome..!