tensor

1. Hybrid rubbers similar to Tibhar el-s in terms of throw, catapult and easy spin

Hello everyone, I am posting this on behalf of one of my clubmates. He is using el-s on his forehand and backhand for quite sometime now and he loves it. However sometimes there are issues with ball slippage. Does anyone have any suggestions on a hybrid/higher grip rubber that behaves the most...
  2. Enjoying Tensor to Hybrid transition. Should I go full tacky next?

Hello all. An Intermediate here. Have never played Chinese rubbers before, mainly because everyone suggested that I need high technique and full stroke and Chinese DNA. Recently switched my FH from Rasanter R48 to Rakza Z. Enjoying the change. Don't mind applying the little bit extra power...
  3. Using Haifu Oil (Black / Nat) on Tensor Rubbers?

Would this be suitable, or is it advisable to use a 'european' rubber booster? Thanks in advance
  4. Slower tensor/tensor-like rubbers?

We've all heard of MX-P, Rasanter and Tenergy. These are high-end fast rubbers that many professionals use. However, recently I've been wondering whether using Rasanter R47 has detrimentally affected my game as the rubber is quite fast and I sometimes find myself not swinging fully on shots as...
  5. Tensor rubbers and blades

I have been thinking to use a tensor rubber but I don't know which ones to use on my forehand and backhand side. Should i have the same tensor rubber on both sides or use a different one. I was thinking the rasanter series or the donic rubbers. And also I need a high spin tensor rubber on both...
  6. What's your favorite hybrid (tacky top + tensor sponge) rubber?

I'm currently looking to upgrade my FH rubber (Galaxy Jupiter II) to something faster/bouncier. I naturally thought of all the hybrid rubbers being released this year - Tibhar K1, Stiga Genesis II, and Donic BlueGrip. I'm also open to Chinese tacky rubbers like provincial Battle II and Sanwei...
  7. Why no ESN brand released short pips with newer tensor technology?

Hi all, Seems like there's not newer tensor short pip rubbers. It's because the upgrades to the latest gen ESN rubbers are useless to use on short pip rubbers? Thanks, Eduardo
  8. From Chinese rubber to tensor

Hello I began using Chinese rubbers a month ago and i’m wondering about my long term development In short, having Chinese rubber change my technic (FH loop) and I’m wondering if I will it be easy and natural to come back to tensor rubber when I get older ? Or even if I do it in a few...
  9. Going from carbon blade w/ tensor rubbers to classic wood blade w non-tensor rubbers

Has anyone had any experiences going from fast carbon blade with tensor rubbers to slower wood blade with non-tensor rubbers? I've been using Hurricane Long 5 with MX-P rubbers for quite some time and have enjoyed this set-up. However, sometimes I can't help but wonder what it's like to use...
  10. What's the cheapest euro-style tensor rubber?

Hi, I'm looking for a cheap euro-style non-tacky tensor rubber (or close to tensor feeling) preferably under 40 deg sponge hardness (on the European scale) for good control. The plan is to eventually order it in volume to use for side-by-side blade testing The best option I've found so far is...
  11. DHS vs. Tensor - long term investment

Hi guys, i'm playing TT since almost three years. Like almost any beginner i started with way too fast Equipment. Nowadays i'm using an All+ blade with FH H3 39°, BH some 50° Tensor. While i got used to H3, i was afraid to use BH Topspins cause of the risk going too long. Last week i switched...
  12. Good First Tensioned Rubber

Hi, everyone. I'm not quite new to this site since I've been lurking before without an account. Anyway, I went back to playing table tennis last year. I used Musa 3 to re-learn my strokes. After a few months, I feel comfortable enough that I believe it's time to try a tensioned rubber for the...
  13. Brand new, curled tensor rubbers?

Vega Pro curled out of the box?? Hey all, One of two (new) Xiom Vega Pro rubbers I bought was curled when I unwrapped the package and took it out. The other was pretty much flat. It was curled in the opposite direction from a boosted rubber, with the sponge side being smaller than the top...
  14. Backhand - Best Chinese Rubber (non tensor)

Hello i search for a chinese (non tensor) Backhand rubber what do you think is a good solution and do you know some rubbers who are interesting for me, i want to loop with my backhand (agressive style) and backhand flick, short returns are important too. thank you very much i have these...
  15. euro/tensor rubber on c-pen ?

Hello I am currently using a c-pen blade with skyline 2 neo on forehand... I was wondering if it's possible to use a european rubber like xiom vega pro on a cpen blade for forehand... I tried xiom vega pro on a shakehand blade and couldn't get any balls on the table... what's the difference...
  16. Does anyone try DHS tensor rubber, Gold Arc 8?

Does anyone try DHS tensor rubber, Gold Arc 8. I got some descriptions here world.tmall.com/item/547618160539.htm?id=547618160539, but i can't read chinese language.
  17. DHS Skyline 3-60 vs european tensor

I was wondering how the skyline 3-60 (medium) holds up against a european/japanese tensor rubber. I'm searching for a rubber that is less speedy/bouncy then currently used tensor (fh) without losing the possibility of really killing a ball with a fast drive. I tried the skyline 3 neo but to no...
  18. difference between normal sponge and tensor/tension/spring sponges?

Hey guys Are tensor/tension/spring rubbers and sponges the best way to go when buying rubbers these days? What are the significant differences between these and normal sponge? How long into the lifespan of the rubber does these effects last? Thanks
  19. How did you decide Chinese versus Tensor rubber on FH?

Plan to ask the coach this in a few days, but I was curious how you decide if you prefer modern tensor or chinese rubber like DHS Hurricane Neo for FH? the tensor give me a lot of speed on the FH. I try my friend's hurricane and the control was excellent. Had to work harder for speed but his...
  20. Tackiest,softest tensor rubber available?

Im looking for a tensor rubber that is very tacky yet also has a soft sponge. Any suggestions?