celluloid

1. Older Blades In A New Era

So I’ve been playing with a reproduction of Waldner’s Banda blade from the 90’s or so and just want to hear your thoughts on how blades that were designed before the speed glue ban, ball change, and game shortening have held up in this new era of TT. I don’t just mean old blades, but also new...
  2. Adapting To New Ball

Hey guys, I'd very much appreciate tips to adapt to the plastic ball. It's our first season (kind of) playing with that ball ("kind of" because clubs can still choose the type of ball in our region - so sometimes I'd play matches with plastic and sometimes with celluloid.). And honestly, it's...
  3. Multi ball with Celluloid balls bad idea?

I am just wondering if it's a bad idea to do multi ball training with Celluloid balls. Like what are the negatives? I still have my training celluloid balls from before I stopped playing TT which I used for multi ball. I want to know if I need to really invest in the new plastic balls or if I...
  4. Celluloid VS Poly ball in short game

I have heard from Chinese commentators that with the new Poly ball, short game becomes more difficult: it bounces higher it goes further In my experience it is quite true. With my H3 I still returned some stupid high and long ball. One solution I have heard from a Chinese training video is...
  5. DISCUSSION: Will ITTF switch back to celluloid balls if plastic balls failed?

This topic is just for discussion only. We know that the switch from celluloid to plastic was to slow down the game, reduce spin(allegedly to handicap China players) and make it more viewer friendly. HOWEVER..... Sure the game has slowed but I personally find the matches to be quicker as the...
  6. Celluloid balls make a return!

ITTF have reversed the decision to bring in plastic balls world wide from June 2015 and celluloid balls will be used once again in competition! What are your thoughts?
  7. In your opinion, what Polyball is closest into playing like a Celluloid ball?

What brand of polyball have you guys encountered that almost plays like a celluloid ball? and a followup question: what type of rubber/blade combination goes best with it? ive been using double fish and the feel is a bit too mush for me when i use: T88-1 FH T80FX BH on a custom wood blade...
  8. Plastic ball vs celluloid

This could be quite an interesting break down. Looking forward to seeing the data.
  9. Stiga ITTF Approved Plastic/Poly Ball Review

TableTennisDaily's @Dan and @Tom had the fantastic opportunity to review Stiga's latest ITTF Approved Plastic/Poly ball. There has been a lot of discussion around the world and on the TableTennisDaily website recently in regards to how this new ball will effect table tennis players and the...
  10. Worldwide ban of celluloid "Proof"

A reply from the ITTF President from a Table Tennis fan. Question On 4/12/2011, at 2:13 PM, Lorenzo Goossens wrote: Dear Mr. Sharara, Recently you've received an e-mail from Tassie52 of the OOAK forum concerning a couple of issues about the old celluloid and the new poly ball (i.e. the new...