german

1. Recent Timo Boll Interview with German Newspaper

Timo Boll recently did an interview with the German Newspaper Fuldaer Zeitung discussing his personal life during Covid and how he’s approaching the twilight of his career. The article can be found (in German) here...
  2. Simon Gauzy vs Wang Xi | German League 2020/2021 no side changes

https://youtu.be/Zrt7dQVTDvQ I was watching this match and kinda felt something was a bit odd, then I realized that over the 5 games they never changed sides. Is this different from country to country or even competition to competition ?
  3. NEW VIDEO: Cho Seungmin VS Liang Jingkun 7 Game Thriller (German Open 2020)

This 7 Game thriller from this year's recent German Open between Cho Seungmin and Liang Jingkun was finally salvaged! It's not amazing quality (probably around 300-400fps) but it's all we have, given ITTF failed to put this on a livestreamed table.
  4. Calderano's new blade in German open 2019 and DHS W968

What is that blade? Second question where can i buy DHS W968?
  5. German Open 2019

Hey guys, the Swedish Open concluded yesterday with Wang Chuqin and Chen Meng winning the men's and women's event, the table tennis world moves onto the German Open! The German Open begins tomorrow on the 8th October and concludes on the 13th. World Number 1 Xu Xin takes the number 1 seed...
  6. Attending the upcoming Swedisn and German Open - Anywhere to train?

Hey everyone :) I will be attending The Swedish Open (Oct 1-6) and the German Open (Oct 8-13) during the next two weeks. Given the opportunity, I'd love to come to a local practice. If there is anyone here from Stockholm or Bremen who thinks it might be possible, I'd appreciate it a lot if you...
  7. French German Polish Tournament

8. German National Championships 2019

We can use this topic for all the latest news from this weekends 2019 German National Championships! More details coming soon...
  9. German League - TTBL 2018/19

The German league started last weekend and this also meant the start of a new playing system. It's basically the same as the CTTSL uses, except that the doubles match is played as the 5th - and possibly deciding - match. Results from Round 1 (Son 19 August 2018) Borussia Düsseldorf 3:2...
  10. German Open 2018

The table tennis world now moves onto the hotly anticipated German Open! In the last few weeks we have seen the World Team Cup, Qatar Open and the Polish Open, this weeks German Open only gets better with host nations Dimitrij Ovtcharov leading the men's singles seedings! This platinum event...
  11. German National Championships 2018

From today 2nd March 2018 until Sunday the 4th March 2018 the 86th German National Championships have commenced in Berlin. Unfortunately Dima and Peti Solja plus a few others are missing. Last year´s womens champion Kristin Lang (formerly Silbereisen) and Shan Xiaona won´t be attending due to...
  12. German Cup 2018

German Cup 2018, 6,January 2018 (Ulm,Neu-Ulm, Germany) Final: Dusseldorf vs Saarbrucken Match 2: Timo Boll vs Tiago Apolonia
  13. German Open 2017

NOW LIVE: Timo Boll vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov! Live streaming here: https://tv.ittf.com/livestream/german-open-table-1/914605 The World Tour circuit now moves onto the German Open. This prestigious event will take place in Magdeburg and begins on the 7th November and concludes on the 12th November...
  14. BREAKING! Top chinese players at German Open!

All chinese top stars besides Ma Long and Ding Ning are in the entries list for german open! Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan, Yan An, Zhou Yu are listed. Do you think it is a privilege given to ML and Ding Ning of not having to show off? Phew, looks like at least our worst...
  15. TICKET FOR SALE! To finals day to the German Open Nov 2017. Front row seat.

Hi guys I have a front row ticket to the finals day of the German Open this November which I brought but I cannot make it so I'm selling it. Date: Sunday 12 Nov 2017 What: ITTF German open Location: Magdeburg Price: £29 Seat: Block L front row - block L is right in front of the court which is...
  16. German League 2017/2018

The German Bundesliga - 2017/2018 season preview! The league is about to commence! 2016-2017 Champions Borussia Dusseldorf - Photo via: Matthias Ernst Teams (ranked after last seasons results): Borussia Düsseldorf (1): Timo Boll (GER, World Ranking #7) Stefan Fegerl (AUT, #24) Kristian...
  17. First German National Pan Pong Championships

Yes, you´ve been reading correctly and this also wasn´t a typo of mine. Last weekend the first German National Pan-Pong Championships, where players are only allowed to use a frying pan, took place. What started as a joke between friends started getting a bit more serious. More Info here...
  18. German Association Reject Ovtcharov & Mizutani's doubles bid! WTTC 2017!

Dimitrij Ovtcharov's bid to play with Jun Mizutani or Vladimir samsonov in the doubles event at the 2017 World Championships has been rejected! DTTB the German Table Tennis Assocation has refused for Ovtcharov to play with Mizutani or Samsonov. Ovtcharov pictured above with Russian League team...
  19. German Cup 2017

German Cup 2017, 15, January 2017 (Ulm,Neu-Ulm, Germany) Final: Dusseldorf vs Saarbrucken Timo Boll vs Patrick Baum 1.Semifinal: Hilpoltstein vs Düsseldorf Alexander Flemming vs Kristian Karlsson 2.Semifinal: Saarbrucken vs Muhlhausen Tiago Apolonia vs Ovidiu Ionescu
  20. German table tennis fading away?

Hi guys I remember in or around 2010-2011 Germany had 5 top 20 players with Boll, Ovtcharov, Suss, Baum and Steger. Now still two players, Boll and Ovtcharov. But it seems like Germany is not producing any new talents, like France and Sweden are doing. Do you think in maybe 10 years, when...