side

1. Simon Gauzy vs Wang Xi | German League 2020/2021 no side changes

https://youtu.be/Zrt7dQVTDvQ I was watching this match and kinda felt something was a bit odd, then I realized that over the 5 games they never changed sides. Is this different from country to country or even competition to competition ?
  2. What happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side?

I don't know if this has already been answered, but what happens if the ball hits your finger and the ball makes it to the other side? Does the other person get the point/redo? Or does the finger ball count?
  3. Can you use the BH side of a japanese penhold blade to play?

I wonder if I can glue a rubber to the backside of a japanese penhold blade to be able to play BH like with a chinese wood.
  4. How to clean the bottom side of the inverted rubber?

Hello, I am looking for some options to clean the bottom side of the inverted rubber, the part right next to the handle where the details of the rubber are marked (e.g Butterfly Tenergy 05, the Butterfly logo, ITTF, serial number). The dust will sit between the letters and it will harden there...
  5. Which side of the blade for forehand / backhand

Hello, Does the side of the blade matter for the forehand rubber / backhand rubber ? like is there a specific side of the blade for forehand / backhand Thank you
  6. Best of Koki Niwa 2017 - 2019 (Side view)

Here are some of the best points of Koki Niwa (the "chop block god") from 2017 to 2019.
  7. Side spin at the pro level?

I've been watching a lot of competitive pro videos like ITTF tournament matches and noticed that other than serving, there doesn't seem to be a lot of side spin done during rallies whether it's topspin or backspin. Am I seeing things wrong, and maybe it's just hard to see on video feeds, or do...
  8. How do you hit the ball with so much backspin that it comes back to your side?

How does this Pongfinity guy do it? Go to 1:23 in the video. Is he using a special rubber, or is it just skill?
  9. Does Side Tape ruin the rubber by making it harder around the edges

Hi Team, I have been playing TT for years now and one question I have not had an answer to in several forums is whether using the side tape is advised? Every forum only talks about how the side tape protects the blade from minor damages and all. But no one talks of whether the side tape is good...
  10. Which side of rubber to use for forehand and backhand?

Hey I have got a quick question for you guys. Can you tell me which rubber to use for forehand and backhand. My coach tells me to use the red for forehand and black for backhand. But I am seen many world class player like Timo Boll and Ma Long. Can you please help me.:confused::confused:
  11. Return long pure side spin serves

Hello, I am having a hard time to return long pure side spin serves. I watched many video tutorials where the people say that I should use a top spin which will overwrite the side spin effect but this approach did not work for me because the ball either goes into the net if I close the angle of...
  12. How to choose the side to attack with on third ball attack ?

Hello everyone, Lately I work a lot on my third ball attack and i'm a bit confused on which side to choose to attack with between BH and FH How do you choose ? I've heard that it is good to use the FH with pendulum serve as the ball go to the BH and we can pivot and keep attacking the whole...
  13. Hard Rubber on Backhand Side

Hey guys, Recently I noticed a weird preference on my part. Normally, I hear everyone taking a a slightly softer rubber on their backhand, because it engages at lower speeds where the hard rubber does not. What I noticed is that I prefer the opposite. In fact a bit harder rubber on the backhand...
  14. Officially joined the dark side

I have been fighting it ever since the coach at my club told me to change styles 6months into TT. But I'm older now and YouTube has got me too hyped up so I have officially committed to long pips for a chopping orientated BH and boy am I glad I did. Went to the centre to do some training with...
  15. Do you use Side Balancers?

... And if - for what purpose? Recently I've noticed, that in order to misguide my oponent, I begin with a standart diagonal topspin move, continue with a brush-drive and end with an angled wrist swinging the ball through the short side of the table. When I'm doing this on my BH to the left...
  16. Boost side effects

Hey Guys, it's off season and that is the time to try out new things for me and for many other. I got me a boosted Victas V 15 Extra and the Andro Rasanter in the R47 version. I played some sessions with my new blade and the Victas got some bubbles on the topsheet. My questions is: Is this...
  17. how to return top side spin ball serve (illustration)

Hi Pls see the illustration, when my opponent serve spinning ball to my side, the ball usually will land on the table and then "swing" to right side (green color). When is the best timing to hit the ball (upon bounce up?) if i want to attack back?
  18. Understanding the Par Gerell Reverse Side Spin Serve Deception (Video)

Hi everyone, the recent competition on the Stiga Carbonado Blade provided me an opportunity to observe and Study how Par Gerell does his serve. In this video, I have tried to explain one way of how reverse side-topspin and backspin serves work with similar motion I believe Par has many ways to...
  19. Working on my FH Side Spin Loop Video

Hi guys, This video is from my last week practice. Since, they call me 'Jugaadu', I transitioned from floor to Wall hitting to innovate :D. Unlike, my BH sidespin loop, this remains really high. I would like to know how to keep them short without compromising the sidespin and topspin in the...
  20. Practising Backhand Side Spin Loop (Video). Advice need on improvement

Hi Guys, I am greatly impressed by the beauty of those backhand topspin loops of Legends like Maze and XX. So, I thought of picking up these trickshots to incorporate into my game play. This is how it looks after some practice session. I just had picturised those beautiful shots in my mind and...