return

1. Top 5 Tips To Return Impossible Table Tennis Serves

Hey guys!! Ever played an opponent in table tennis and not be able to return their tricky spiny serves? We've all been there....In this tutorial we go into detail on 5 tips to help you return impossible table tennis serves and stop losing those frustrating points! Enjoy! What tips do you have...
  2. Return of International TT Matches

2020 has been the most challenging year in living memory, as the COVID-19 pandemic brought the international table tennis event calendar to a grinding halt early in the year. Many players, coaches and fans were confined to their homes or their local communities, unable to play or watch their...
  3. How do I return this slice?

I flat with my my 11-year-old nephew. Neither of us have had any training. If I try, I can still beat him in games all of the time, but he figured out some slice shot that I can't return over the net. If this becomes a high-percentage stoke for him, I'm doomed! I'm hoping that some strong...
  4. Pointers welcome from 37 year absence

This is my first post so be gentle. I feel like I have been in a time capsule that has just been opened up. In 1980 I worked in Dallas, Texas at a new recreation center that had two table tennis tables and fortunately for me, I was exposed to table tennis players vs. ping pongers. I got into it...
  5. Backhand service return %

So on Sunday I played 3 players in a group of 4 who all should beat me on paper at a tournament. The first player I returned 11 out of 17 serves to my backhand successfully. The second player I returned 12 out of 19 serves to my backhand successfully. The third player I returned 15 out of 24...
  6. [Video] Ma Long -The Return of the Dragon (I Am King)

Inspired by us being in Budapest during the WTTC, after the Liu Shiwen story, here ist Ma Longs. The video is told a little bit different than usual. It's not a straight line. Ma Long lost matches last year, he didn't lose before, at first Pitchford than Harimoto. Shortly after he couldn't...
  7. What Equipment Now, return to Table Tennis after 25 years break!

Hi, I am new to the forum, and also returning to tablet tennis, and I am wondering what equipment should I get? I used to play as a teenager in the early 90s - and was using a Stiga Metal Wood and Srivers on both sides for a number of years, until I switch to Salvid and Sardius. My Metal Wood...
  8. Ma long return?????????

Will Ma Long can return to table tennis tournament ?
  9. spin (in-)sensitivity (esp. return)

hi guys, i do not get the concept of throw, spinsensitivity and topsheet/sponge hardness. In my head there is more spin => higher throw => more spinsensitivity. And it's kinda true for my main rubber Donic Baracuda. I ask because i try to be a two-wing-looper. My signature shot is the...
  10. Best way to return long serves on the backhand middle and wide fourhand?

People nowadays in my country tend to serve long and fast on the wide backhand forehand and the middle of the table. weak returns induce fast counters making you vulnerable in the rally. moreover , flicking the ball makes it go long as they have less spin. Anyone?
  11. Return long pure side spin serves

Hello, I am having a hard time to return long pure side spin serves. I watched many video tutorials where the people say that I should use a top spin which will overwrite the side spin effect but this approach did not work for me because the ball either goes into the net if I close the angle of...
  12. Unreal return by Can Akkuzu!

This rally featured in the recent Challenger Series! Watch below this is unreal!
  13. Ultimate table tennis service return!

Hey guys, So we recently saw Jin Ueda's incredible return of serve. Due to its interest we thought it would be a good idea to resurface Can Akkuzu's epic version! If you havent already seen it, or want to see it again check it out below! :)
  14. Zhang Jike to make a return | 2018

Zhang Jike has confirmed his participation at the Hong Kong, Japan and China Open over the next month! Who's excited?
  15. Old School Return Board Vid

This was on OOAK forum many years ago and a classic... worth a look.
  16. Training top spin by the return board

Hello~ world!! My name is Jake. I live in Korea. I practiced top spin drive and other skills by the return board. It is very useful for me to practice basic skill alone. It makes good swing form and improve sense of touching ball. Thank you for watching. Give me your advice to me please. I will...
  17. Timo Boll will return to ITTF World Ranking #1 at age 37

You may know that Roger Federer returned to ATP ranking #1 early this month, at age 36 after 5 years since he was ranked #1 last time, the eldest #1 in the history of ATP rankings. As all matches that count for ITTF world ranking points are finished after an exciting Team World Cup, we have the...
  18. Improve Return Game - Backhand Return

Hello i want too improve my backhand return game, i hope you could help me. My Opponent serve with his backhand to my backhand or middle. Always half long or a little bit longer, sometimes the ball shots to me very fast (the opponent throws the ball very little like lebesson hight, this should...
  19. how to return top side spin ball serve (illustration)

Hi Pls see the illustration, when my opponent serve spinning ball to my side, the ball usually will land on the table and then "swing" to right side (green color). When is the best timing to hit the ball (upon bounce up?) if i want to attack back?
  20. kid tries to return He Zhiwen's serves!

Look at those serves...